Grains with pumpkin and fruit, including dried, are prepared in different countries. Our countrymen are most accustomed to pumpkin porridge with millet or rice. If you want to make a tasty, satisfying and healthy dish, without putting much effort into it, you can make millet porridge with pumpkin on the water in a slow cooker. If you comply with the technology of preparation and the recommended proportions, the food in the bowl of this unit will not burn, will acquire a deep and rich taste due to prolonged languor.
The slow cooker was created to facilitate the work of the hostess in cooking and free up more free time for her. When using this smart unit, failures even for a novice chef occur much less frequently than when cooking various foods on the stove. His responsibilities are to prepare and lay products, run the desired program and set a timer if the device does not know how to determine when the food is ready to turn off no earlier and no later than that time. However, seemingly simple tasks are not all inexperienced cooks solve equally well. Knowing a few moments will help to avoid mistakes and get the expected result.
- Millet for porridge is better to choose bright, it has a richer taste and contains more nutrients.
- If the millet lay for a long time, it can taste bitter. Lumpy grits can be identified by the characteristic shine. To remove the bitterness, the grits need to be poured with boiling water, held in water for 5 minutes, then rinsed well.
- It is necessary to sort and rinse millet of even the best quality. And in it there can be spoiled (black) grains, small litter. Millet is washed by placing in a bowl and the bay with clean water. Surfaced trash is poured with liquid. Wash the grits in this way several times until the water from under it stays clean.
- The taste of porridge will depend on the quality of the pumpkin. The most delicious and tender is the pulp of a nutmeg vegetable. The taste of a pumpkin can be identified by color: the richer it is, the sweeter the pumpkin.
- A pumpkin is boiled for a long time, therefore, before joining with millet, it is ground on a grater or cut into small pieces. You can cut the pumpkin and medium pieces, but then it will have to extinguish or bake before soft.
- The consistency of the finished dish will depend mainly not on how much moisture is contained in the pumpkin, but on the ratio of cereals and water. To obtain a crumbly porridge in a glass of wheat take 2 cups of water. To obtain a viscous porridge is the best ratio of 1: 3. If you add more water, the porridge will be liquid.
Pumpkin porridge on millet can be made sweet and savory. Often, fresh or dried fruits, berries, fried vegetables, and meat are added to it. Sweet porridge is served as a separate dish or for dessert. Savory can also serve as a separate dish or be served as a side dish.
A simple recipe for millet porridge with pumpkin, cooked in a slow cooker on the water
- millet - 0, 3 kg;
- pumpkin (pulp) - 0, 25 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- water - 0, 6 l.
Method of preparation:
- Pick and rinse the millet.
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the pulp with seeds.
- Cut the remaining pulp into cubes of about 1-1.5 cm.
- Free the onion from the husk, finely chop it.
- Pour oil into the multicooker bowl, place the onion in it.
- Turn the unit on in baking mode. Fry the onions for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and continue cooking vegetables in the same mode for 10-15 minutes, depending on the variety of pumpkin and the size of its pieces.
- Temporarily turn off the machine. Pour the cereal into its container. Add salt and spices. Fill with water.
- Lower the cap. Turn on the unit again, this time choosing the mode most suitable for making porridge. It can be called differently: “Porridge”, “Krupa”, “Rice”, “Pilaf”, “Buckwheat”. The algorithm for executing these programs is identical.
- Set the timer to 30 minutes.
- After completion of the main program, mix the products and leave the porridge in the heating mode for another 20-30 minutes.
Porridge according to this recipe is crumbly, juicy and fragrant. It is good both as a side dish and as a side dish.
Sweet pumpkin-apple porridge with millet on water in a slow cooker
- pumpkin - 150 g;
- apples - 0, 3 kg;
- millet - 0, 2 kg;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- sugar - 40 g;
- butter (optional) - to taste;
- ground cinnamon (optional) - to taste;
- salt - a pinch.
Method of preparation:
- Peel the pumpkin pulp from the peel and seeds, grind on a grater.
- Remove the peel from the apples, cut out the fruit cores with seeds.
- Coarsely grate the apple pulp, mix with the pumpkin.
- Go through the cereal. Fill it with boiling water, after 5 minutes, drain the water. Rinse the millet under running water, pour into the multicooker container.
- Spread the pumpkin-apple mixture on the millet (together with the juice that has separated from the fruit during their grinding).
- Sprinkle with sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Fill with warm water. Stir products.
- Turn on the device by activating the “Porridge” program or a similar one for 20 minutes.
- Add a slice of butter, stir.
- Leave the porridge to simmer in heating mode for 30 minutes.
Porridge according to this recipe is sweet. It can be cooked for breakfast. He certainly will like not only children.
Millet porridge with pumpkin and meat in a slow cooker
- pork pulp - 0, 3 kg;
- pumpkin pulp - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- millet - 0, 2 kg;
- water - 0, 75 l;
- refined vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the meat, pat dry with a towel, remove the film and excess fat. Slice into oblong sticks.
- Peel the pumpkin, peel the seeds. Pulp cut into small cubes.
- Peel onions, cut into small pieces.
- Prepare millet by sorting and rinsing.
- Pour oil into the bowl of the multicooker, put the pieces of meat into it.
- Turn on the device by selecting the program “Frying” or “Baking”.
- Fry the meat, sometimes stirring it, for 10 minutes. Add onions, fry foods for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, fry it with the other ingredients for 5-10 minutes depending on how dense the pulp is.
- Add millet, salt and spices. Fill with water and mix.
- Run the unit for 20 minutes in the porridge cooking mode, then stir the contents of the cooking bowl and leave to simmer in the heating mode for another 20-30 minutes.
Millet porridge with pumpkin and meat is a complete main dish that does not need any additions.
Millet porridge with pumpkin, boiled in water, can be sweet and savory. According to any of the recipes, it can be prepared in a slow cooker.