Pumpkin is among the most affordable vegetables, and many consider the dishes from it everyday. The idea of the “queen of the vegetable garden” will turn upside down if you ever try pumpkin soup with shrimps. This exquisite dish can decorate not only a family meal, but also a festive table. In this case, its preparation does not require much time and effort.
Technology cooking pumpkin soup, mashed potatoes with shrimp can not be called complex. If you accurately follow the recommendations in the recipe, an excellent result can be obtained even by an inexperienced cook. The knowledge of several subtleties will reduce the risk of spoiling products to zero.
- For cooking cream soup, experienced chefs advise taking pumpkin nutmeg varieties. It has a delicate pulp, pleasant taste and aroma, quickly prepared. However, it is possible to cook a dish from a pumpkin of any sort, only the decorative one will not work.
- If the recipe specifies the weight of peeled shrimps, and you get unpeeled, you will need about 2, 5 times more.
- Thaw shrimps should be thawed in natural conditions, without subjecting to a sharp temperature drop. Attempting to defrost them using a microwave will cause them to become rigid.
- Cooked and frozen shrimps that have already been heat treated are usually available. It takes very little time to prepare them. Small boil for 5 minutes, large - 10-12 minutes. No more time is needed to cook them in a frying pan. Due to cooking too long, shrimps can become tough.
- Most often, the shrimp are not ground together with the other ingredients, but put into the soup whole after the other components are already turned into mashed potatoes.
- Products requiring long cooking are laid first in the soup. They can also be boiled or baked separately by combining with other products at the stage of their grinding.
- When working with a submersible blender, follow the rules for its operation. If you do not turn off the device when it is immersed in or removed from the soup, the rotating knives will cause the liquid to splash out.
Pumpkin soup decorated with shrimps looks appetizing by itself and does not need additional decoration, but wheat croutons with a neutral flavor or with a taste of seafood will not be superfluous.
Pumpkin puree soup with shrimp and ginger
- pumpkin pulp - 0, 5 kg;
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- ginger root - 20 g;
- water or chicken broth - 1, 25 l;
- milk or cream - 0, 25 l;
- butter - 50 g;
- boiled-frozen shrimps, peeled - 100-150 g;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
- Boil the shrimp for 5 minutes in salted water with pepper. Cool, clean.
- Remove the husks from the onion; cut the vegetable into small pieces.
- Peel the pumpkin from the peel and pulp, cut into small cubes.
- Cut the peeled potatoes into cubes of the same size.
- Scrape carrots, wash, cut into circles.
- Fold the vegetables into a saucepan, cover with water and boil until they are all soft.
- Grind the contents of the pan using a blender.
- Peel and grate the ginger, put in the soup. Salt and season the dish. Dilute with milk or cream.
- Return the pot to the fire and boil the soup, stirring until it starts to boil.
- Fry the shrimp until golden brown in melted butter.
Spread the soup into plates, spread the fried shrimps on them. Additionally, the soup can be sprinkled with fresh herbs.
Pumpkin Cream Soup with Shrimps and Broccoli
- pumpkin (pulp) - 0, 7 kg;
- broccoli - 0, 3 kg;
- shrimp, peeled - 150 g;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- water or broth - 1 l;
- cream - 100 ml;
- salt, saffron and turmeric to taste.
- Cut pumpkin pulp into small-sized cubes, put in a pan.
- Free from the husk and finely chop the onion. Send to the pumpkin.
- Fill the vegetables with water or broth. Boil until the pumpkin is soft.
- Wash broccoli, disassembled into florets.
- Separately boil clean water, dip broccoli into it, boil for 10 minutes and transfer to a container with cold water. Throw in a colander, dry.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, broccoli in it, remove it from the frying pan. Fry the shrimp, giving each side 2-3 minutes.
- Chop boiled pumpkin and onion with a blender, dilute with cream, add salt and season. Bring to a boil over low heat.
Arrange broccoli and shrimp on plates after spilling soup.
Pumpkin Cream Soup with Shrimps and Tomatoes
- pumpkin - 0, 5 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- celery stalks - 100 g;
- leek - 100 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- chicken broth - 1-1, 5 l;
- shrimps - 0, 2 kg;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave;
- salt, black pepper - to taste;
- whipped cream - for decoration.
- Cut the pumpkin in small plates.
- Wash the celery, cut into pieces no more than a centimeter.
- Tomatoes boil, peel. Cut out areas near the stem. Cut the rest of the flesh into small cubes.
- Cut the onion into thin slices.
- Cut the garlic into plates.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, put onion and garlic in it. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin, after 5 minutes enter the tomato, pour in the soup ladle. Simmer, adding broth if necessary, until the vegetables are soft.
- Transfer to a blender bowl and turn into a puree, dilute with the remaining broth. Salted, pepper.
- Bringing the soup to a boil, boil it for 5 minutes.
- Boil the shrimp separately.
When serving, decorate the soup with whipped cream, spread the shrimp.
Pumpkin soup with shrimps appetizing looks and smells seductive. Its taste, too, will not cause you and your guests frustration. Cooking does not take much time and effort, even from a novice hostess, and the result will certainly please.