Placinda is a Moldovan flat cake.
Although, you can safely call it a pie, as you wish.
The peculiarity of this dish is toasted crust from unleavened dough and delicious filling.
What do we cook with?
Moldavian Placinda - general principles of preparation
For the plate, you can use fresh dough on water with salt and a small amount of oil. For softness, baking soda is sometimes added to it. You can knead the dough with kefir. It produces softer cakes, the taste is also different.
What are traditional platzindas made with:
• cottage cheese, cheese;
Increasingly, you can find recipes with minced meat, cereals, mushrooms. Greens, various spices, pickles are added to the fillings.
Plastins are sculpted from thinly rolled dough. Usually give the form of a large, flat envelope. Fry one product in the pan. Since meat is often prepared from raw vegetables, you need to bring the dish to full readiness. To do this, make fire moderate, if necessary, after turning over the pan cover.
Moldavian Placida with cottage cheese and greens
The recipe is very fragrant, nourishing, easy to prepare Moldovan plintsyna. Cottage cheese can be used any, but not liquid. The dough is cooked fresh on the water.
• 50 ml of butter (1 scoop per dough);
• 200 ml of water;
• 400 g of flour.
For the filling:
• 500 g of cottage cheese;
• 1 bunch of onions;
• 1 bunch of dill;
• 2 raw eggs;
1. The test will need to rest for about twenty minutes. You can knead it in advance, put it in the fridge. Mix warm water with a spoonful of butter and a pinch of salt, add flour, make fresh dough. Stir thoroughly until uniform.
2. For the filling, mix the ground cheese with chopped dill greens, onions, add eggs and salt. Spicy food lovers can add a little pepper.
3. Divide the dough into seven identical pieces, roll the balls out of them first, then flatten them on small loaves, brush with butter, lay them on top of each other. 4. After five minutes, oil the table with oil, take one cake and roll as thin as possible, the layer should shine through. Fold the edges to make a square.
5. In the middle of the tortilla lay out the stuffing, making a smaller square. Roll the envelope. Similarly, form the plate from the remaining test with the filling.
6. Fry the formed products in a griddle, make fire moderate, do not add oil.
Moldavian Placinda with pumpkin
Recipe juicy and delicate Moldovan plitstsiny. The dough for it is kneaded on kefir. Stuffing from fresh pumpkin. And the stuffing can be made salty or sweet.
• a glass of kefir;
• 100 g of oil;
• 1 egg;
• 2.5 Art. flour;
• pinch (0.3 tsp.) Soda;
• 0.5 tsp. salt.
- 300 g pumpkin,
- 4 tsp. sugar
- a pinch of salt.
1. In a warm kefir, dissolve soda and salt, add an egg, stir and knead the dough. Flour should go all. If kefir is liquid, you can add some more. Put the dough under the cup.
2. Melt butter, cool it down.
3. Grind pumpkin on a coarse grater. Add sugar and salt. If you are cooking salty platzinda, you can sprinkle pepper and other spices. In the sweet dish, you can add more sugar.
4. Divide the dough into four equal parts, roll the balls.
5. From each piece roll out a long-lasting cake with a rolling pin, grease the half with melted butter, cover with a dry half.
6. Now grease one part again and cover with a dry half. Get a bundle of four layers, resembling a triangle. Bend it in half to get 8 layers, bend the spout. Let lie a piece for a couple of minutes, roll it into a round cake.
7. Put the stuffing, blind envelope.
8. Fry the pies in a skillet with butter until ruddy color. We stack them on top of each other, cut them into sectors, like a pie or pizza.
Moldavian Placinda with potatoes
A variant of the national Moldavian dish with potato filling. The dough is prepared fresh on the water with the addition of a small amount of soda. Potatoes are laid raw. Ingredients
• 130 ml of water;
• spoon of butter;
• 1.3 cups of flour;
• a pinch of salt;
• pinch of soda.
• 170 g of potatoes;
• salt pepper;
• some oil;
1. From flour with water, salt and a pinch of soda to knead the dough, gradually add the vegetable oil drop by drop. Well remember, leave for a while to rest.
2. Divide the dough into three pieces, roll into small cakes, leave on the table.
3. Cut the potatoes into thin slices, you can use a grater. Add some oil to make the filling juicy, pepper, salt. Season with parsley.
4. Let's go back to the test. Lubricate and roll the cakes, stretch your hands in different directions.
5. Arrange the potato filling in the form of a square, make a large envelope.
6. Put the plate in the heated pan. First, fry from the side of the seams, five minutes is enough. Then you need to gently flip. Do not make a big fire, otherwise the filling will remain damp.
Moldavian Placinda with cheese
Option simple Moldavian plitstsy with cheese. Nothing more is added to the filling. If you wish, you can throw a little chopped greens.
• glass of water;
• 500 g of flour;
• 4 spoons of butter;
• a pinch of salt;
• 400 g cheese.
1. Cook ordinary unleavened dough on water with salt and one teaspoon of oil. Divide into 6 pieces, let it sit for ten minutes.
2. Grease each piece with oil, make small lozenges, put 2 things together.
3. Ten minutes later, roll each cake very thin. You can stretch your arms. Just get three pieces.
4. Chop the cheese in a convenient way, pepper it if desired, mix with greens.
5. Form rectangular products.
6. Fry the plate on both sides until a beautiful crust.
Moldavian Placinda with cabbage
Another recipe for delicious Moldovan cakes. The filling in this embodiment is made from sauerkraut. Similarly, you can use minced roasted or stewed cabbage. The dough is cooked in soda water. Ingredients
• glass of water;
• 1 pinch of soda;
• 2 spoons of butter;
• 3 cups flour.
For the filling:
• onion head;
• 700 g cabbage.
For cutting need vegetable or melted butter.
1. On warm water, prepare the dough, do not forget to add soda and a little vegetable oil. These ingredients will not allow the products to be tough.
2. Cover the dough, leave for 30 minutes.
3. Press cabbage from brine.
4. Crumble onion, shift to the pan, fry for a minute in oil, add squeezed cabbage. After five minutes, remove the filling from the heat, cool.
5. Divide the dough into 7-8 small pieces, round into balls.
6. From each piece roll cake. Desirable thin.
7. Spread the cabbage filling, blind ordinary envelopes, fry in oil for three minutes on each side.
Moldavian placids with meat
For the filling used raw minced meat. You can use beef with pork or any other mixture, preferably with the addition of lard. Then the cakes will be succulent.
• 500 grams of minced meat;
• 2 bulbs;
• 250 ml of water;
• salt pepper;
• 3-4 glasses of flour;
• 5 tablespoons butter (1 per dough).
1. Combine prescription water with salt in a bowl, pour in a spoonful of vegetable oil, knead the dough. Flour will leave about three and a half glasses. Let the mass lie down for half an hour.
2. Chop finely onions. You can fry them, it is optional. Mix with minced meat. The filling should be seasoned with spices, mix.
3. Divide the dough into 5 pieces, roll out small tortillas, grease with a thin layer of butter, leave for five minutes. As the cakes become softer, roll each one even thinner.
4. Spread the minced meat evenly between all the pads, blind envelopes.
5. Fry products immediately. Since the stuffing of raw minced meat, the fire is not necessary to do strong. Cook on each side for at least four minutes.
Moldavian Placinda with mushrooms and rice
Option flavored fillings for Moldovan cakes. Knead the dough as described above. The amount of minced meat is just designed for 5 lozenges. Ingredients
• 120 grams of rice;
• 150 g onions;
• 200 g of mushrooms (champignons);
• oil, spices.
1. Boil rice until ready, water should be drained. Cool it down.
2. While rice is being cooked, you need to peel and chop the onion. Transfer to a frying pan, fry.
3. After a couple of minutes, cut mushrooms should be added to the onions. Cook together to a ruddy color.
4. Combine mushrooms with boiled rice, add spices, salt. You can add to taste fresh herbs, dry.
5. Blind 5 platzinda, giving the products the shape of ordinary envelopes.
6. Fry the products on both sides in oil until tender.
Moldavian Placinda - Tips and Tricks
• To prevent the envelopes from opening during frying, first lay the items in the pan with the side with the seams. Only after that fry solid side.
• Placcinas are more tasty when roasted in butter. But the cakes on it quickly burn. The way out is to make a mixture of vegetable oil and butter.
• If the filling is juicy, for example, from pumpkin or potatoes, then the envelopes should be sculpted alternately just before frying. Otherwise, the thin dough under the action of juices will limp, break.
• Onions in the filling is prepared long enough, often bitter or crunchy. To prevent this from happening, you can scald the chopped vegetable with boiling water or lightly fry in a skillet.