Shawarma - the most popular dish in the snack bars, which has a huge number of fans. But only units prepare it at home. In fact, the process is simple, and most importantly - fast. On the preparation of open shawarma will take no more time than idle in the queue. But in the end you get an inexpensive, juicy, and fresh dish that definitely does not harm health. Let's enjoy open shawarma?
Open shawarma - general cooking principles
Shawarma of this type is prepared with one or two open ends. The filling can be twisted according to the classical scheme into thin pita bread (Armenian), put in a loaf or wrapped in a Mexican flat cake. Sauce is poured into the open end and greens are put.
Three secrets of the right shawarma:
1. All foods must be fresh and tasty. Do not try to get rid of unclaimed pieces. He will not get lost in the total mass and spoil the whole dish.
2. Shawarma is undesirable to prepare in advance, as it will limp and flow. It is better to do immediately before use and keep no more than three hours.
3. The more stuffing you plan to put in shawarma, the more layers of pita should be.
As the main filling, various types of meat, chicken, fish, sausages, seafood and crab sticks are commonly used. In addition, usually go fresh or pickled vegetables, greens. Eggs, cheese, mushrooms can also be added.
Shawarma sauces are a separate story. There is a huge amount of variations, you can experiment with spices, make a change according to your taste preferences. Usually sauces are prepared on the basis of sour cream, mayonnaise, ketchup, yogurt, mustard in various combinations.
Recipe 1: Open “Turkish” shawarma with lamb and garlic sauce
Recipe open shawarma, for the preparation of which will need a thin pita, as well as fresh lamb. It is better to use lean meat. The number of products is calculated on 2 pieces. Ingredients
• 300 grams of lamb;
• 2 cucumbers;
• 200 grams of potatoes;
• one tomato;
• black pepper;
• 2 pita bread;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 50 grams of sour cream.
1. Cut lamb into strips, fry in a pan. At the end sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Peel potatoes, cut into strips and cook french fries in a large amount of hot fat. We take out on a napkin, give excess fat soak.
3. Cut the tomato and cucumber into strips.
4. For the sauce, mix the chopped garlic, sour cream, salt, chopped greens and black pepper.
5. Take a sheet of pita bread, unfold horizontally. Put the stuffing in such a way that the cake could be folded in half and twisted with a tube with an open end.
6. Put the fried lamb and french fries, grease with sauce, put the vegetables and roll them up. Top, in the hole put another spoonful of sauce. Shawarma is ready!
Recipe 2: Open shawarma with chicken in loaf
The most popular and affordable recipe open shawarma. And loaf, and chicken can be purchased at any store. And preparing the dish is very simple and fast, all the more you do not need to have the skills of folding pita bread. These ingredients should make 2 big shawarma.
• 250 grams of chicken;
• 200 grams of cabbage;
• 60 grams of mayonnaise;
• 30 grams of ketchup;
• one tomato;
• 0.5 tablespoons of mustard;
1. We cut the chicken in arbitrary pieces, but not large. Fry in a skillet, at the end season with spices.
2. Cooking vegetables. To do this, just chop the cabbage, salt, lightly rubbed with his hands. Then add the chopped cucumber and tomato, put the chopped dill.
3. For the sauce, mix sour cream with mayonnaise, put mustard. To taste, you can add a clove of garlic and hot pepper.
4. Cut the loaf across into two equal parts. We take out a crumb so that from all directions there were walls of 0,5 cm. 5. Stir fried chicken with vegetable salad, add a little sauce and put the resulting mass into a loaf.
6. Top pour a little sauce, put greens for decoration and ready!
Recipe 3: Open Mexican shawarma with smoked chicken.
For this open shawarma used Mexican tortillas, which facilitate the process of cooking delicacies. Smoked chicken is used as filling. You can take the chicken leg or breast, but without the skin. You will also need iceberg lettuce. The number of products per serving.
• Mexican tortilla;
• 120 grams of smoked chicken;
• 2 tablespoons of corn;
• 70 grams of soft cheese;
• 0.1 kg of cabbage;
• fresh cucumber;
• 2-3 leaves of lettuce;
• 2 spoons of mayonnaise;
• spoon of sour cream;
• a little soy sauce.
1. Cut the chicken into thin strips, also chop the cucumber and fresh cabbage. Stir.
2. Add cheese, pre-grated and canned corn.
3. Combine sour cream and mayonnaise, add soy sauce, any spices.
4. Take the tortilla, lubricate the central part of the resulting sauce and immediately put the lettuce leaves so that they stick slightly.
5. Spread the filling in the middle of the stripe, tuck the joint edges inward and ready!
Recipe 4: Open salmon shawarma in Norwegian
The recipe for a stunning shawarma with open sides. Salted salmon is used, but it is also tasty with cold smoked fish. The number of products is designed for 2 small portions. Shawarma wrapped in a thin pita.
• 4 eggs;
• 140 grams of fish;
• 70 grams of cheese;
1. Cheese must be cut into small cubes.
2. Eggs should be whipped with a whisk with salt, then combine with cheese.
3. Melt the butter in a pan, pour the resulting mass and, while stirring continuously, make an omelet. It should make pieces. Cooling down. 4. Cut the onion, preferably very small. Mix with two spoons of mayonnaise, if necessary, we add salt, pepper.
5. Cut the salmon arbitrarily. You can cubes, stripes, straws.
6. Unfold the pita bread. On the side nearest to you, departing 8 cm from the edge, put a strip of their cooked omelet. Smear mayonnaise with onions.
7. Top lay out the pieces of salmon, sprinkle with herbs. Now we just roll up the shawarma with a tight roll. Cut in half and done!
Recipe 5: An open shawarma with sausages
Recipe quick open shawarma with sausages. Similarly, you can use any other sausages, including smoked. But they should not be too fat.
• 3 sausages;
• 0.15 kg of cabbage;
• a tomato;
• cooking oil;
• 50 grams of ketchup;
• pita bread.
1. Put some butter in the pan, it is better to use creamy or melted, with vegetable it turns out not so tasty.
2. Chopped finely onion fry in a pan until transparent.
3. Cut the sausage into rings, if sausage is used, you can choose any other shape. Shift in the pan to the onions and fry together to a ruddy color.
4. Shred cabbage, rub carrots, add greens and slightly grind to let the salad become wet.
5. Cut the tomato into cubes, send to vegetable salad.
6. On the pita we lay out the vegetables, then the fried sausages, pour with ketchup and roll.
7. In the open edge we drip a little ketchup, put greens and ready!
Recipe 6: Open shawarma with crab sticks and fish
To prepare this dish, besides crab sticks, you will need any fresh fish. It is desirable not bony. Fresh vegetables are used as filling.
• pita bread;
• 100 grams of fish;
• 4 sticks;
• fresh cucumber;
• Bulgarian pepper;
• a tomato;
• a spoon of lemon juice; • green onions;
• some flour;
• 3 tablespoons sour cream;
• 0.5 tablespoons of mustard.
1. Cut the fish into cubes, roll in flour and fry in hot oil. Cover the dishes with a lid is not necessary, let them form a good crust.
2. Chopsticks into slices.
3. Clear the pepper from the viscera, cut into strips. Also grind cucumber. Tomato cut into arbitrary slices or cubes.
4. Green onion feathers just finely crumbled.
5. Put vegetables on the pita bread, sprinkle with green onions. Then lay out the crab sticks and pieces of fish.
6. Pound sour cream with mustard, add lemon juice and stir well.
7. Spread the sauce on top of the products, fold the shawarma and pour green onions into the open end.
Recipe 7: Open shawarma with pork and cheese
The option is very nourishing and tasty shawarma with pork, which can be prepared both in pita bread and in a loaf or flat cake. Meat is better to use one piece, as on the chop. Cheese can take any, but tastes best with hard.
• 150 grams of pork;
• 70 grams of cheese;
• salted cucumber;
• small onion;
• fresh tomato;
• 2 spoons of mayonnaise;
• garlic clove.
1. Put the pork on the table, beat off on both sides, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. We break an egg into a bowl, stir well, drop our chop, well soak it and fry in hot oil on both sides until golden brown.
3. The remains of the eggs just pour into the pan and fry the pancake.
4. Onions cut into thin rings or half rings, soak in an acidic solution of vinegar and water.
5. Cut the chop and egg pancake into strips. Add the grated cheese and mix.
6. Cut cucumbers and tomatoes randomly, mix with pickled onions, pressed from vinegar. Add black pepper.
7. Combine mayonnaise with minced garlic clove.
8. Putting shawarma. On a pita or in a loaf lay a vegetable mixture of meat and meat with cheese. Each layer is greased with a small amount of mayonnaise sauce, you can sprinkle with any greens.
Open shaurma - tips and tricks
• So that the pieces of meat or chicken for shawarma turned out to be ruddy, but not dry, you need to salt them at the end of roasting. Otherwise, the product will release a lot of juice and eventually become dry, tough.
• Vegetables for shawarma do not need to salt, it is better to season the meat and sauce. A lot of juice will be emitted from salt, pita will become limp, it will not taste good.
• Shawarma sauces do not need to be cooked by yourself. You can use bought in the store, for example, garlic, tkemali, adjika, various types of ketchup.
• To ensure that pita bread does not quickly disappear from the sauce, you can put lettuce leaves, Chinese cabbage under the filling, or make a pillow from any greens.
• Pita shawarma will be much tastier if you fry it in a pan on both sides. And so that it does not quickly cool, you can wrap in foil. It will also facilitate the transportation of food, if you need to take it with you to work, study.
• Lavash dried up and became brittle? Just sprinkle it with water, cover with cling film and let it soak for 10 minutes, it will be gone. You can also just cover with a damp cloth.