It so happened that not a single holiday table would look complete if there were no various snacks on it. Their preparation does not take much time, but they also look beautiful, and turn out tasty, and make the table richer, brighter.
Snacks on a festive table - general principles
Prepare snacks in the form of sandwiches, cuts, salads, canapes, marinades, pickles.
Use for cooking a variety of products. You can divide snacks into several types:
• Meat. Made from any kind of meat, sausage, ham.
• Fish. They take both fresh and smoked, salted fish. Do not bypass and seafood.
• Vegetable. There is room for imagination. Vegetables use fresh, fried, boiled. They are combined with meat products, fish, cheeses.
• Cheese. Can be made from hard soft cheeses.
• Fungal. Usually for speed take pickled products, but often made from fresh mushrooms.
Festive snacks can be hot or cold.
In fact, there is a lot of room for creativity, you can use any products you have for cooking, combine them with each other, replace one ingredient with another, etc. It is important that the products are combined with each other.
1. Snacks on the festive table: herring in marinade
• 1 medium salted herring;
• black bread - half loaf.
For the marinade:
• 80 g of mayonnaise;
• 70 g spicy mustard;
• wine vinegar - 30 ml;
• Dill greens - 5 stalks;
• ground allspice - 10 grams.
You will also need five wooden chopsticks or toothpicks to fasten a snack and for a beautiful serving of three small lettuce leaves and 4 sprigs of parsley.
1. Prepare the herring: cut off the head, fins, gut, remove the skin, remove all the bones.
2. Cut the herring fillet into 1-1.5 cm wide slices, place in a deep cup. 3. Prepare the marinade: put mayonnaise in a separate bowl, add mustard. Stir. Mustard can buy ready-made in the store or make a homemade following the recipe: take half a glass of mustard powder, pour it into a small cup or metal cup, pour 1.5 cups of water, stir well and put in a warm place for half a day. After 10-12 hours, drain excess mustard from the mustard, add a pinch of sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt and pour in a little sunflower oil, mix again.
4. Add wine vinegar, add black pepper, mix everything thoroughly.
5. Wash dill greens, chop and marinate, stir again.
6. Fill the prepared herring with marinade, gently, taking two spoons, mix, put in the refrigerator for 60 minutes.
7. Slice black bread into thin pieces in the shape of a triangle, a diamond or a rectangle.
8. Remove the herring from the refrigerator, spread one piece on each triangle of bread, garnish with parsley.
9. Secure each slice of herring with a toothpick.
10. On a flat plate, place the pre-washed and dried lettuce leaves, beautifully arrange the slices of bread with herring.
2. Quick snacks on the holiday table: mini ham rolls with cheese
• any ham - 350 g;
• soft curd cheese - the floor of the jar;
• fresh basil - 5 leaves;
• allspice - 15 grams;
• olives - 3 pieces;
• parsley, dill - 3 branches for decoration;
• 3 leaves of lettuce for serving.
1. Slice the ham into thin slices.
2. Grease each slice of ham with curd cheese, smearing it well over the whole surface with a knife.
3. Wash the basil leaves and place one on each layer of ham directly on the cheese.
4. Sprinkle with black pepper.
5. Cut the olives in half and place them on top of the leaves of basil.
6. Gently wrap the ham plates with a roll.
7. Cut the rolls obliquely into small pieces.
8. Rinse lettuce leaves and place on a flat plate or salad bowl and place ham pieces on them, garnish with parsley leaves on top. Next to the ham pieces, place roasted pine nuts and whole olives.
3. Snacks on the festive table: mozzarella cheese and cherry tomatoes on wooden skewers
• mozzarella cheese - 300 grams;
• 8 cherry tomatoes;
• fresh basil - 8 leaves.
For the sauce:
• 150 ml of olive oil;
• Balsamic vinegar - 40 ml;
• 20 grams of black pepper and salt.
And for a beautiful feed, take another deep cup, a few leaves of lettuce, 3 stalks of dill, parsley and wooden skewers to secure the cheese and tomatoes.
1. Before cooking the snack, first make the sauce: pour olive oil into a small cup, add balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, mix everything thoroughly.
2. Slice mozzarella cheese.
3. Wash tomatoes, dry on a towel.
4. Wash all greens and dry a little too.
5. Begin to pin on the skewers ingredients in the following sequence: cherry tomato, mozzarella circle, basil leaf and again mozzarella circle.
6. Dip each skewer with cherry and cheese in the sauce and place in a deep bowl, stewed with lettuce leaves, and garnish with parsley and dill if desired.
4. Quick snacks on the holiday table: mushrooms in batter and in breadcrumbs
• 8 small fresh champignons;
• 2 glasses of vegetable oil for roasting mushrooms;
• 50 g of ground rusks and flour for rolling;
• parsley, dill - 2 branches each at the time of serving.
• 2 eggs;
• half a glass of milk;
• 10 grams of salt and black pepper;
1. Clean the mushrooms, rinse, put in a saucepan with water and put on the stove, turn on moderate heat, boil after boiling water for at least ten minutes.
2. Drain, cool mushrooms.
3. Prepare the batter: break eggs into a small cup, pour in the milk, add salt, pepper and beat with a fork for 1 minute.
4. Pour vegetable oil into a deep saucepan and heat well over medium heat.
5. Heat each boiled champignon with a fork, dip it in batter, roll in flour, then in breadcrumbs and dip in hot oil, fry until light brown in color. 6. Put the fried champignons on a flat salad bowl, garnish with parsley and dill. Next, put slices of tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers (rings) and other fresh vegetables.
5. Snacks on a festive table: cherry tomatoes filled with shrimps and cream cheese
• 15 pieces of cherry tomatoes;
• 15 cooked and frozen shrimps;
• any cream cheese - a small piece;
• salt - 10 grams.
And so that the finished snack looks beautiful on the table, take some curly transparent salad bowl, a few leaves of lettuce and three sprigs of parsley.
1. Cherry thoroughly wash, dry on a clean towel. Tomatoes should be sized to fit the size of the shrimp, that is, if the shrimp is large, then the cherry tomatoes should also be larger, and if very small, the tomatoes should be small.
2. At each tomato, carefully cut off the stem and remove the seeds with pulp. Inside, add some salted tomatoes and put them upside down on some kind of grate so that all the liquid flows out.
3. Boil the shrimp in salted water for no more than one and a half minutes, cool and put in the refrigerator for half an hour.
4. Peel the shrimp, remove the heads.
5. Slice cream cheese.
6. Inside each tomato, place a piece of cream cheese, one shrimp.
7. Put the appetizer in a beautiful salad bowl, covered with lettuce leaves, garnish with parsley sprigs.
6. Quick snacks on the festive table: pancakes from potatoes with salmon
• five medium potato tuber;
• one head of red and regular onions;
• 1 egg;
• 60 g of flour;
• 1 small jar of sour cream of average fat content;
• 1 cold smoked small salmon;
• half a glass of vegetable oil;
• salt, allspice - 15 g;
• dill - 3 sprigs.
1. Peel the potatoes, wash them, chop them on any grater. Well squeeze, mix and squeeze again, the mass should not be liquid. 2. Peel the onion head, wash it, chop it with a knife, add it to the potatoes, mix thoroughly.
3. Break the egg into a separate cup, beat a little with a fork and pour in the potatoes with onions, add the flour, add some salt, pepper and mix well again to a smooth consistency.
4. Pour vegetable oil into the pan, heat well.
5. Put one tablespoon of potato batter in the pan, fry for two minutes, then slowly turn it with a spatula and fry on the other side for two minutes too.
6. Put the fried pancakes on a paper towel to remove excess fat and put them on a flat plate.
7. Divide smoked salmon, remove ridge, skin, cut into plates.
8. Clean the head of the red onion, cut into thin rings.
9. On each pancake put a ring of red onions and on top of a piece of smoked salmon, garnish with dill twigs.
Snacks on the festive table - tips
• All ingredients used must be fresh.
• It is better to prepare festive snacks immediately before serving so that they do not look weathered.
• Appetizing and beautiful appetizers on a festive table, if they are elegantly decorated, for example, spread out on leaves of green salad, decorate with fresh greenery, etc.