Today everyone is so accustomed to mayonnaise that almost all salads are refilled only by them. But this product, in fact, appeared on the shelves of the store not so long ago. So what used to fill salads? Let's try to make delicious light salads without mayonnaise, we are sure that you will like the taste of the dish, and the very idea of the substitution.
Light salads without mayonnaise - general principles
Products for salad can be used absolutely any. It can be meat, vegetables, seafood, greens, nuts, fruits, cheeses.
An alternative to mayonnaise can be olive, sunflower, sesame, corn oil, mixed with a variety of spices, herbs and greens. Also, the basis is often taken sour cream. Lemon, orange, lime juice is also an excellent substitute for boring mayonnaise. In addition, various sauces are used: soy, Worcestershire and others
1. Light salads without mayonnaise: “Greek” with feta cheese
• lettuce - 5 leaves;
• 2 tomatoes;
• 3 cucumbers;
• onion floor;
• 1 sweet pepper;
• Feta cheese - a small piece;
• 16 olives;
• 2 g of oregano and salt;
• some olive oil.
1. Rinse salad greens, cut into large strips.
2. Wash cucumbers and tomatoes too and cut them into large slices.
3. Cut the feta cheese into large cubes.
4. Peel the onion from the husk and cut into half rings.
5. In sweet pepper, cut the stem, remove the seeds, wash and cut into large strips.
6. Mix all prepared products in a deep bowl, pour with oil, sprinkle with oregano, add some salt and mix well again.
7. When serving the salad, put it in a salad bowl, put olives on top nicely.
2. Light salads without mayonnaise: vegetable in pita
• 8 olives;
• red hot pepper and black powder, salt - 10 g;
• olive oil - 40 ml;
• a few cloves of garlic;
• fresh tomatoes - 4 pcs .; • cucumbers - 4 pcs .;
• 5 leaves of lettuce;
• 2 pita bread;
• Feta cheese - a small piece.
For dough for pita:
• wheat flour - 350 g;
• a little more than half a glass of water;
• 5 g of salt.
1. Knead the dough for pita bread: pour salt into hot water, stir and cool slightly. Pour the water with salt into the bowl with sifted flour and stir with a mixer for four to five minutes until all the lumps are completely dissolved. After the dough has thickened, put it on the table, sprinkled with flour, and wipe your hands. Divide the dough into small balls, give a little rest. Roll each bun into a thin layer. Preheat a dry frying pan and fry each layer on both sides on moderate heat. Put the fried pita breads on a damp, clean cloth, cool.
2. Rinse cucumbers, peel, rinse tomatoes, all cut into medium cube.
3. Feta cheese cut into not too large squares.
4. Pour olive oil into a large bowl, add ground pepper and salt, add chopped garlic, mix well.
5. Put the prepared vegetables and cheese into the spicy butter.
6. Slice olives into rings and add to salad.
7. Salad leaves coarsely chopped and add to the salad, mix well.
8. Cut the layers of pita bread in half, put prepared salad on each one, roll up the straw.
3. Light salads without mayonnaise: warm with bacon and eggs
• a piece of low-fat bacon;
• 3 eggs
• salt, pepper fragrant powder - 10 g;
• half a bunch of green onions and parsley;
• 3 leaves of lettuce;
• Worcester sauce and olive oil - 20 ml;
For Worcestershire Sauce:
• onion head;
• garlic - 3 cloves;
• 1 anchovy;
• ginger and cinnamon powder, curry - 10 g;
• allspice - 3 peas;
• 3 pieces of cloves;
• mustard seeds - pinch;
• ground hot pepper - pinch;
• cardamom - 20 g;
• ready soy sauce - 3 large spoons;
• tamarind - 30 g;
• acetic acid - 50 ml;
• half a teaspoon of sugar.
1. Prepare the Worcester sauce: peel the onion and place in acetic acid for about three minutes. Remove onion, chop fine crumb. Squeeze the chives through the garlic sprinkle with vinegar. Put garlic, onion on a piece of gauze, sprinkle with cinnamon, stinging and black pepper, ginger, put a clove, mustard seeds, cardamom and tightly tie the edges of the gauze and squeeze the juice. In a metal bowl, pour soy sauce, a little vinegar, add sugar and tamarind. Pour the floor with a glass of purified water, put on a moderate heat, bring to a boil and boil for 30 minutes. In another bowl, mix the curry and finely chopped anchovy, add salt, pour in some water. Mix the mixture with anchovy into the main mixture and boil for four minutes. Remove the sauce from the plate and cool. 2. Fry bacon until golden brown in a pan in olive oil.
3. Lay the fried bacon on a plate, and break eggs into a pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper, mix and fry.
4. Onion greens, wash and chop, put to the eggs, mix and then mix over low heat.
5. In a portion salad bowl with your hands, tear the lettuce leaves, sprinkle with parsley, put the bacon and eggs, season with Worcester sauce, mix everything well.
4. Light salads without mayonnaise: with Chinese cabbage and cucumbers
• half a box of Peking cabbage;
• a small piece of fetax cheese;
• half a jar of canned peas and olives;
• 2 cucumbers;
• salt, black pepper, coriander powder - 15 g;
• Asafoetida ground - 5 g.
1. Rinse the cabbage, cut into strips.
2. Cut “Fetax” cheese into medium cube, mix with cabbage.
3. Add half a jar of canned peas and sliced olives.
4. Rinse the cucumber, cut into cubes and put to the rest of the ingredients.
5. Sprinkle the salad with pepper, salt, coriander, ground asafoetida, mix thoroughly.
6. Put in a portion dish and serve to the table, next to put a plate of black bread.
5. Light salads without mayonnaise: lean “Chicken-Snow Maiden”
• 1 medium chicken breast;
• Beijing cabbage - half a head of cabbage;
• sweet pepper - 2 pcs .;
• red onion - 2 heads;
• green onions - 5 stalks.
• defatted sour cream - 30 mg;
• mustard - 20 mg;
• garlic - a couple of cloves;
• 15 g of salt and black pepper.
1. Cut peeled onion into half rings. At the Bulgarian pepper, cut the stalk, remove the seeds, wash, chop into strips, finely chop the greens of the onion, chop the Peking cabbage into strips.
2. Boil chicken breast until tender, separate the fillets. Throw bones and finely chop the meat.
3. Prepare sour cream dressing: mix sour cream with mustard in a small cup, add chopped garlic, sprinkle with pepper, salt and mix well.
4. Mix all the vegetables, meat and greens, put them in a salad bowl in a slide and pour over the dressing, sprinkle with green onions.
6. Light salads without mayonnaise: with mozzarella, shrimps, tomatoes and avocados
• Mozzarella cheese - a small piece;
• 5 cherry tomatoes;
• 8 shrimps;
• avocado - 2 pcs .;
• 3 leaves of lettuce;
• fresh basil - 5 leaves.
• odorless sunflower oil - 30 ml;
• half lime;
• 5 g of black pepper and salt.
1. Cut the cheese into slices, wash the tomatoes and cut into two parts.
2. Peeled and rid of avocado pits cut into cubes.
3. Boil shrimp, peel.
4. Prepare a dressing: pour sunflower oil in a small cup, squeeze out lime juice, sprinkle with pepper, salt, mix well.
5. Mix all prepared ingredients in a deep bowl, add shrimp.
6. Pour the dressing and mix thoroughly.
7. Cut lettuce greens into large pieces, put them on the bottom of a salad bowl, and put lettuce on top.
8. Top on the salad beautifully put basil leaves.
7. Light salads without mayonnaise: beet
• four small beets;
• small onion;
• 100 grams of peeled walnut;
• some salt;
• cooking oil;
• 3-4 cloves of garlic.
1. Rinse all beets thoroughly, dry, wrap in foil and bake in the oven until ready for an hour.
2. Fry the nuts in a dry frying pan, cool.
3. Cut the peeled onions into cubes, simmer in the oil heated in a frying pan.
4. Add baked beets to chopped onion.
5. Roast vegetables, cool, mix with garlic and walnuts.
8. Light salads without mayonnaise: simple with cod liver and egg
• three boiled hard boiled eggs;
• can of cod liver;
• 180-210 grams of hard cheese.
1. Peel and boil the boiled eggs.
2. Open a jar of cod, put the liver in a bowl, mash with a fork.
3. Grate grated cheese with fine teeth.
4. Mix all ingredients, shift into a salad bowl.
5. This salad can also be used as a dressing for cold sandwiches.
9. Light salads without mayonnaise: mushroom
• 200 grams of Peking cabbage;
• one carrot;
• sunflower oil;
• salt, Provencal herbs, pepper;
• 200 grams of marinated champignons;
• 100 grams of two or three kinds of green salad.
1. Rinse all greens, dry, tear hands.
2. Peel carrots, cut into thin strips.
3. Shred cabbage as small as possible.
4. Remove the champignons from the jar, cut into plates.
5. Pour oil in a cup, add ground pepper, a little salt, two pinches of Provencal herbs.
6. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, fill.
Light salads without mayonnaise - tricks and useful tips
• Salads are best refilled just before serving, so they will not become watery, remain fresh.
• Lettuce leaves and greens are better to tear with your hands, so the edges of the greens do not darken.
• For satiety, you can sprinkle any salad with homemade croutons.