Russian cuisine has always been famous for pies. The art of baking was handed down from generation to generation, and each craftswoman has her own family recipe, unlike any other.
Pies with cabbage is home baking of a special category, the aroma and taste of which will not leave indifferent even the most undemanding consumer. They are famous for a variety of dough and fillings, which can be both the simplest and the national teams.
We offer to bake pies with cabbage in the oven. Step-by-step recipes explain in detail how to knead yeast, make simple kefir dough for self-level pies, or even get along with the purchased semi-finished product.
General principles for cooking cabbage pies in the oven using step-by-step recipes
• Cabbage pies can be closed or bulk, in which the filling is spread on the dough poured into the mold and poured with it. Options for open or semi-closed pastries with cabbage filling are not considered.
• Stuffing for pies prepared from fresh or sauerkraut. When using fresh, it is recommended to take white forks of late varieties, such cabbage is always juicy, therefore, the filling will not be dry. Diversify cabbage filling can be cheese, nuts, minced meat or vegetables. Different cabbage fillings can be combined with different types of dough.
• Quick cakes are baked from purchased puff or yeast-cooked dough. Independently, for quick baking, prepare the batter on kefir with the addition of eggs and a ripper. More difficult in preparation is sponge yeast dough. It makes great cabbage pies. Baked in the oven, they come out especially tender, airy and soft.
A simple pie with cabbage in the oven: a quick step-by-step recipe for baking (with cheese)
Pie with cabbage in the oven, in a step-by-step recipe comes out literally in a hurry. All you need is to defrost the dough and fry the cabbage. Walnuts and cheese add spice to the filling. Yeast dough can be replaced with puff puff. Ingredients:
• white cabbage of autumn varieties - 300 gr .;
• small onion;
• 100 gr. “Dutch” cheese;
• dough - a pound of puff yeast semi-finished product (frozen);
• 40 grams of walnuts (peeled);
• selected egg;
• two spoons of highly refined oil;
• 45 gr. creamy, “farm” oil.
1. We get a sheet of yeast dough out of the package. We put it on a cutting board, powdered with flour, and leave it, covered with a cloth. For convenient work, the dough should thaw well, and this can take up to one and a half or even more hours.
2. While the dough is being defrosted, we begin preparing the filling for the cake. Small dice cut onions. Thinly shred cabbage and lightly crush it with your hands.
3. Put a piece of butter in the pan and melt it over a small fire. It is advisable to take thick-walled dishes in which vegetables will be stewed, and not fried. We put onion slices in melted fat, passse until transparent. Add cabbage, add vegetable oil. Cover with a lid, stew until soft, about 9 minutes. Be sure to periodically stir - raise the already settled cabbage straw up. Remove the pan from the stove, transfer its contents to the plate. After cooling down, pour in the filling and, according to your taste, add it.
4. Chop the walnut kernels with a knife. In a separate bowl large three cheese.
5. Check the dough. If it becomes elastic and does not break when bending, you can proceed to the formation of the cake. But before we prepare the form, making it with parchment paper.
6. Divide the thawed yeast dough in half, cut in half and one of the parts. The largest piece is rolled out by a five-millimeter layer, slightly wider than the bottom of the form, and the other two are adjusted to its size.
7. Carefully lift the largest sheet and put it on the parchment, we plant on the sides of the pan the edge of the dough. On the dough we evenly distribute a piece of grated cheese, on it - cabbage filling, sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. The next layer sprinkle walnuts.
8. We put one of the smaller layers on the filling and, firmly fastening the seams, we connect it with the lower one. On the second we do, placing them in a checkerboard pattern, small cuts, after which we stretch a little to the sides. It should make a beautiful mesh. We put it on top of the cake, fasten, tightly pressing the seams. 9. Break the egg into the cup, razbaltyvaem, adding a little water. We grease the future cake with an egg mixture and place it for half an hour in a preheated oven at 180 degrees.
Yeast Pie with Cabbage in the Oven: A Step-by-Step Recipe for Fresh (Pressed) Yeast
Yeast dough for cabbage pie, baked in the oven, in a step-by-step recipe is prepared in a sponge manner. Warm milk is used to activate the yeast. Its temperature should reach only 40 degrees, nothing more! Fresh cabbage stew and boiled eggs go into the stuffing.
• a pound of wheat flour;
• 20 gr. natural fresh yeast;
• 150 ml of milk;
• one large raw egg;
• half a pack of good butter;
• spoon of sugar;
• a quarter spoonful of fine salt.
In the filling:
• 300 gr. fresh belochka;
• two small carrots;
• two onions;
• 30 gr. “Peasant” oil;
• three boiled eggs.
• one large egg.
1. Dough kneading will start with the activation of yeast. Heat up to 40 degrees milk, pour it into a spacious bowl. Add, coloring with your fingertips, fresh yeast. Add sugar and stir thoroughly so that everything is well dissolved. We check whether there are undissolved sugar crystals and yeast sediment on the bottom, stir again, trying to separate the yeast gruel from the bottom with a whisk. Having achieved uniformity, pour about 0.75 cups of flour. Do not enter all at once, add a spoon and stir each time until smooth. Cooked yeast mixture (Opara), should look like a thick cream, so that the flour may require less. Cover the bowl with the leaf and leave for about half an hour in a warm place.
2. Cut the butter, put it in a small bowl. We place the container on the minimum fire and, stirring, slowly heat the fat. Leave it to cool completely on the table or put in a wider vessel with cold water.
3. Check the bruise. If it increased in volume and even began to settle a little, break an egg to it. Add the previously melted, and already sufficiently cooled oil and mix. Having brought to homogeneity, we begin to pour the rest flour in small portions. Shake the dough on the table and thoroughly press for ten minutes. Then, rolled into a bowl, put it back into the bowl. Covering with a piece of cloth, leave to warm up. 4. After one and a half hours, the dough must be kneaded and allowed to re-rise for about an hour, the duration depends on the quality of the yeast. It is very important that the volume is increased not less than twice.
5. Put the dough to rest, it's time to do and stuffing. Carrots and cabbage shred thin straws. Carrots may well be grated using a large grater. We clear two onions and hard-boiled eggs, cut them into small cubes.
6. In a deep, preferably thick-walled pan, dip the butter, melt, slowly, on low heat. First, in melted fat lay out onions. Fry it slices until transparent, add carrots. Mix well, cover with a lid, simmer for a quarter of an hour. Add the cabbage, add some and continue to stew the filling for another quarter of an hour. Do not forget to periodically stir gently, otherwise it will burn. Put cabbage filling in a bowl, cool to air temperature, then mix with previously chopped eggs.
7. Divide the dough after a full lift into two parts of unequal size - one should be slightly larger. Roll them out in round layers, with a thickness of 7 mm. We take a smaller layer and gently transfer it to the oiled baking sheet, in the middle lay out the cabbage stewed with vegetables. Spread the filling over the entire surface, not reaching the edges of a centimeter by three. From above we lay a bigger layer and carefully pinch the edges. To exit the steam in the center make a small hole.
8. Pour the egg into a small cup and beat it well. Lubricate the entire top surface of the cake with a beaten egg, put the pan in a hot oven. Bake the cabbage pie, keeping the oven heated for about 180 degrees, until rosy for about 35 minutes.
9. The finished cake is “washed up”, slightly moistened with cool water, wrapped in a linen towel and left to cool. Water will make the crust softer, and wrapping will keep all the moisture in the cake.
Delicious bulk pie with cabbage in the oven: a step-by-step recipe with minced meat and sauerkraut
The dough for the pie with cabbage in the oven, a step-by-step recipe which is painted in detail, it is undesirable to knead on cold kefir. Put the packaging out of the refrigerator beforehand, and best of all soak it in warm water for a while. Along with kefir, warm at room temperature and eggs. Ingredients:
• large onion;
• 400 gr. sauteed, medium salted cabbage;
• a pound of two-component homemade minced meat (pork with beef);
• a tablespoon of homemade fatty mayonnaise;
• three raw eggs;
• 12 spoons (with a hill) of flour;
• teaspoon, plus 1/4 more, baking powder for the dough;
• 50 gr. refined oil;
• a glass of high-fat kefir.
1. Initially preparing the filling for the cake. Cut the peeled onion into small cubes, spread into the pan. Pour some oil (half), put on a small fire. While stirring, warm the onions to transparency. Add the minced meat, periodically crushing the meat, knocked together in lumps and, stirring it thoroughly, cook before changing color. All moisture should evaporate and the meat should turn brown. We set aside the pan from the stove, season the roasted minced meat with ground pepper and place in a bowl.
2. Pour the remaining butter into the pan, squeeze the sauerkraut lightly with your hands and put it into it. Stew under a lid on moderate heat until the cabbage gets a pleasant golden hue, let cool.
3. Combine the flour with the ripper and sift the mixture a couple of times. Heated kefir is poured into a deep bowl. We break eggs to it, add mayonnaise and add some salt. Beating until foaming, we begin to introduce the flour mixture in parts. Each time, pour no more than two spoons, then stir with a whisk until smooth. At the end, when all the flour will be consumed, you should get an absolutely homogeneous dough, somewhat thicker than for the fritters.
4. We take a suitable size shape, if round, then with a diameter of at least 23 cm. We pour a little less than a spoonful of oil into it and gently spread it with a brush or hand along the bottom and sides. Then pour half the kefir dough into the mold, spread the cabbage evenly on it. From above, we equally distribute the stuffing evenly, pour in all the remaining dough. Make sure that the meat layer was completely covered. On the missing places, correct the dough with a spoon.
5. We put the form in the oven brought to 180 degrees. Cooking the cake for 30 minutes.
Tricks of baking pies with cabbage in the oven according to step-by-step recipes - useful tips
• Fresh cabbage needs to be shred very thinly. If you do not know how to do this with a knife, use a potato peeler. Strips turn out not only thin, but also accurate.
• For piquancy and mild sourness, when stewing, you can add a little non-sour tomato paste or freshly smashed tomatoes in mashed potatoes to fresh cabbage.
• Yeast dough for cabbage pie, the step-by-step recipe of which is detailed above, is kneaded with fresh yeast. If you don’t have them on hand, use granulated “fast” yeast. The recommended amount of fresh (20 grams), will replace 7 grams of dry yeast. They, like fresh ones, are dissolved for activation with sugar in warm milk.
• Kefir dough for filling the cabbage pie after cooking should be allowed to stand for a while. The baking powder needs time to be activated in an acidic environment. Instead of baking powder, you can use burnt soda, but you need to take it in smaller quantities - two thirds of a teaspoon will be enough.
• Before preparing the sauerkraut filling, be sure to remove the sample. Unsalted or sour cabbage can be soaked in cold water for some time.