Satsivi is a cold Georgian dish and flavored nut sauce. Poultry pieces, vegetables, all kinds of spices and Satsivi herbs are always served cold in it, so you need to prepare the food in advance. Here you can find all the classic recipes of dishes, as well as little tricks.
Satsivi Classic - General Cooking Principles
• Walnuts. This is an essential ingredient of Georgian sauce. They need to take a lot to the dish turned out thick and fragrant. Nuts are crushed, wiped. In modern kitchen, all this is easy to make a blender. If not, then a meat grinder will come to the rescue.
• Bird. Georgia uses domestic chickens or turkeys. The bird is boiled in water until ready, it is important not to pour a lot of liquid, so that the product does not lose the taste, and the broth is rich. The boiled poultry is disassembled into small pieces, the bones are thrown away, and the flesh is put into the sauce.
• Broth, water. The liquid component of the sauce is added to the nuts and vegetables. The sauce should not turn out liquid, so you need to pour in small portions, stir constantly. If satsivi with a bird, then broth is used, which remains after cooking.
• Vegetables. If the dish is a bird, then not very many vegetables are added, usually it is garlic and onions. But there are recipes for vegetable eggplant satsivi, which are very loved in Georgia.
• Spices. An important component of the dish. In the classic Satsivi add different types of pepper, coriander, saffron, nutmeg, cloves. Greens are welcome, often combine parsley with dill and cilantro.
Satsivi classic with chicken and nuts
The traditional recipe for classic Satsivi. Use any parts of the chicken carcass with skin. Walnuts, indicated the weight of peeled kernels.
• 2 kg of chicken;
• 250 g of nuts;
• 3-4 spoons of oil;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• salt, pepper, sweet pepper;
• cilantro, dill, green onions;
• 2 bulb onions. Cooking
1. Chop the chicken into pieces. We put in a pan for cooking. Fill with boiling water so that it covers the bird, but do not add too much water. Sent to boil on the stove, cook for about an hour. We clean when boiling muddy foam.
2. Onions should be cut into small cubes.
3. Pour some oil into the pan, pour onions, begin to fry vegetables over moderate heat.
4. Chop the nuts with a blender almost to the state of flour, you should get fine crumbs. You can dry the nucleoli before this, so that the mass does not stick together. Put in the pan to the onions, stir.
5. Immediately add sweet paprika, black pepper and red, warm up.
6. Scoop the broth from the pan, which remained after cooking chicken. For this amount, 2-3 ladles are enough, but you can make the sauce thicker. Pour into the pan, continue to warm up.
7. Take out the chicken pieces, remove the bones. Leave clean meat. At will it can be crumbled finely. We shift in the sauce.
8. Add salt, put chopped garlic, fill the dish with greens and you're done! Cool, before serving to stand for several hours in the refrigerator.
Satsivi classic cold with wine vinegar
The recipe for a spicy and aromatic classic Satsivi. You can cook it from chicken or turkey.
• 2-2.5 kg of chicken or turkey;
• 2.5 tsp. salts;
• 1 tsp. red pepper;
• 2 onions;
• 2 glasses of nuts;
• saffron, coriander, nutmeg;
• 4 cloves of garlic, laurel;
• 3 tbsp. l wine vinegar.
1. Fill the sliced bird with hot water. But you can boil the chicken and the whole. Boil on the stove until ready, about 15 minutes before the end of the broth we throw a few peas pepper, laurel. Salt lightly.
2. Remove the bird, cool it, disassemble the meat into small pieces.
3. Fry chopped very finely onions in a skillet. Grind the walnuts with a blender or skip through a meat grinder, send to the onion.
4. Immediately add 800 ml of chicken broth. Bring sauce to a boil. Put 1 tsp. saffron, 0.5 tsp. coriander, a good pinch of nutmeg and red pepper. At the very end throwing chopped garlic cloves. 5. Pour in vinegar and sauce can be turned off.
6. Add chicken, stir. Cool it down, then transfer it to a convenient dish with a lid, put in the fridge for three hours.
7. When serving, decorate with greens. It is better to use a mixture of several types (parsley cilantro, dill, basil).
Satsivi classic eggplant
Another great recipe for traditional classic Satsivi. This dish is made from eggplants. Choose small and tidy vegetables with dense flesh.
• 4-6 eggplants, depending on size;
• 220 g of nuts;
• 1 tsp. vinegar;
• 2 onions;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• 5-6 spoons of butter;
• greens, pomegranate grains for decoration.
1. Cut the eggplants into cubes. If vegetables are bitter or not quite young, then soak in water before frying. Then lay out in a large frying pan, fry the pieces to a ruddy color and until done.
2. Remove the eggplants, add the oil to the pan, fry the chopped onion.
3. Now grind nuts. Once the onions are fried, add them to the pan.
4. Pour in 2 glasses of water, put salt and pepper, add spicy Georgian mixtures, bring the sauce to a boil, turn it off.
5. Add chopped garlic and fried eggplants, pour in a teaspoon of vinegar, stir.
6. Cool to room temperature, then cool in the refrigerator.
7. When serving, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and greens.
Satsivi classic with flour
The recipe for classic satsivi with flour. It is very often used to thicken the mass, but it does not affect the taste of snacks.
• 1 kg of chicken;
• 330 g of nuts;
• 20 g of flour;
• 3 onions (1 per broth);
• 1 small carrot;
• oil, greens;
• 2 tbsp. l apple cider vinegar;
• 3-5 cloves of garlic;
• 0.5 tsp. saffron;
• 1 tsp. hops suneli and hot peppers.
1. Lay the bird in the pan, add one onion, remove the upper husk. Then you can not clear. We throw the whole carrot, a little pepper peas. You can laurel. Fill with boiling water, cook for about an hour. Then take out the bird, let it cool, filter the broth. 2. Pour into the pan about four spoons of oil, set to warm up. Add the chopped onions that are left. Cooking until soft. We make a moderate fire, so that the pieces do not get burnt, you do not need to brown them much either.
3. Add flour to the onions, quickly stir and then chop the chopped walnuts.
4. Add spices, hot peppers to the total weight, pour in vinegar, then salted broth, three ladle dishes are enough. Stir thoroughly, turn off.
5. We sort the chicken into pieces, chop the garlic, add to the dish. Well stir, cool. Greenery decorate the dish when serving.
Satsivi classic with chicken and eggplants
Mixed version of the classic Georgian dishes. If your eggplants are bitter, then soak them beforehand in salt water or just sprinkle them with salt, rinse, squeeze.
• kilogram of chicken;
• 3 eggplants;
• 400 g of nuts;
• 50 ml of oil;
• 2 bulbs;
• head of garlic (can be less);
• 1 tbsp. l hop-suneli condiments;
• 1 tbsp. l vinegar;
• greens, salt, pomegranate as desired.
1. Cooking chicken in the usual way on the stove: pour water with water, throw spices at will, boil on the stove, removing the foam during boiling. We sort the bird into pieces.
2. Eggplants cut into slices, spread in small pieces in a pan, fry in portions until golden brown. At the time we remove the bowl.
3. Fry the onions, add the nuts, then pour in 800 ml of broth, put spices in the sauce, salt and turn them off.
4. In a large bowl or in a saucepan pour chicken, eggplant, put chopped garlic, greens, a little green, pour the cooked peanut sauce and mix well with two spoons.
5. You can satsivi so send in the fridge or first decompose in portions or in several salad bowls, decorate with pomegranate, fresh greens.
Satsivi classic in haste
This recipe will help out, if there is no time to cook chicken or turkey, cool, disassemble, in general, do everything according to standard technology. Ingredients
• 400 g chicken fillet;
• a glass of nuts;
• one onion;
• a pair of cloves of garlic;
• some oil, salt;
• hops-suneli or other spices;
• 3 tbsp. l pomegranate seeds.
1. Rinse the chicken fillet, you can use the breast or trim the meat from the hips. Put it in a deep frying pan with a couple of spoons of butter, fry for a few minutes. Until the pieces become light.
2. Cut the onion into cubes, add to the slightly fried fillet. Cook for a minute without a lid, then cover the pan, simmer on low heat until cooked.
3. Grind nuts, add to the pan.
4. Put the salt, pepper and other spices, pour the dish with boiling water from the kettle. We warm, mix, turn off.
5. We cool a little, add garlic, try, you can add other spices.
6. Cool, fall asleep with pomegranate seeds.
Satsivi classic - useful tips and tricks
• Satsivi diet does not happen, as walnuts are very high-calorie foods. But you can relieve the dish, if you remove the skin from the bird, use lean broth, or just take white meat.
• If there are not enough nuts for the sauce, then the mass can be further thickened with flour or potato starch.
• Always pour broth into the nuts, but not vice versa. Add the liquid gradually, carefully stirring the sauce, achieve the desired consistency. You may need less broth than indicated in the recipe.