It often happens that people who dream of losing weight do not finish their plans due to the fact that they cannot give up sweets for a long time. But there is a food plan that allows the use of desserts. This is a diet developed by French nutritionist Pierre Ducane. The doctor and his followers came up with hundreds of recipes for sweet dishes that do not contradict the principles of the Dukan diet. These delicacies include marshmallows. This is not about the product sold in stores: it does not always meet the requirements of the diet. Zephyr by Dyukanu is prepared according to special recipes, which are selected based on what products are allowed at a particular stage of weight loss.
In order to make marshmallows, which can safely be included in the diet while maintaining the Dukan diet, you need to consider a few things.
- The use of sugar by Ducan is prohibited. For sweetening products use low-calorie sugar substitutes. Their release form may be different. For making marshmallow it is better to take sweetener in powder. If you are using a sugar substitute in tablets, they must first be ground into powder or dissolved in a teaspoon of warm water.
- The basis of Ducan marshmallow is most often egg whites — this product is allowed at any stage of the diet. Sometimes marshmallows are made from cottage cheese, which can also be used even at the hardest stage of the Dukan diet, but it should be skimmed. If eggs for making marshmallow are used whole or pumpkin puree is included in its composition, there is such a dessert starting from the second stage of the diet. The use of fruit puree is permissible only from the third stage. Choosing a recipe for making an airy delicacy, check the list of allowed products.
- Egg marshmallows can only be cooked if you are confident that the main ingredient is safe. Eggs need to be washed with soap. Proteins are whipped to peaks separately from other products, then combined with the rest of the ingredients.
- Zephyr cannot be cooked without a thickener. Agar-agar and gelatin most often play its role, although it is possible to use corn starch or pectin. Each of them has its own specific use. When preparing a dish, you need to focus on the instructions accompanying a particular recipe, or on the manufacturer's recommendations indicated on the package with a thickener.
- To keep the marshmallow from sticking to your hands, you can sprinkle it with powdered sugar or corn starch.
For making Ducane marshmallow, you will need a mixer and a culinary bag or silicone mold in which the air mass will solidify.
Dukan zephyr from agar-agar egg whites
- egg whites - 2 pcs .;
- agar-agar - 20 g;
- water - 0, 2 l;
- lemon - 0, 5 pcs .;
- sugar substitute, Zephyr flavoring - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash eggs, break, separating proteins. Cool them and whisk to such an extent that when extracting from them the nozzle of a mixer or whisk on the surface remains upward protein formations, resembling the tops of mountains.
- Pour the agar-agar with cool water, leave for half an hour, then heat to boiling. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the thickener grains completely dissolve. Add flavor and lemon juice, squeezed from half of the fruit. After a minute, remove the mixture from the heat.
- Beating proteins, enter the prepared agar-agar solution into them.
- Add the prepared sweetener, beat another 5 minutes.
- Put the resulting mass in a culinary bag.
- Lay parchment on the board.
- Squeeze the protein mass onto the parchment.
- Store for several hours in the refrigerator.
The marshmallow cooked according to this recipe can be consumed at any stage of the Dukan diet. A portion of delicacy is limited only by your appetite.
Ducanu's marshmallow marshmallow with gelatin
- skimmed milk - 0, 2 l;
- low-fat cottage cheese - 0, 35 kg;
- gelatin - 20 g;
- sugar substitute - to taste;
- vanillin - 1 g.
Method of preparation:
- Soak gelatin in milk. If in 20 minutes it does not dissolve completely, gently heat the milk while stirring. Once the gelatin is dissolved, remove the milk from the heat.
- Dissolve the sweetener in a teaspoon of warm water or milk.
- Beat the cottage cheese, add the sweetener and vanillin, beat together.
- Continuing to whip in, enter the milk with gelatin.
- Spread the curd mass in the molds, send them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Dessert must be stored in the refrigerator, served chilled, previously removed from the molds. The recipe is suitable for any stage of the Dukanov diet.
Ducanne Pumpkin Marshmallow
- pumpkin pulp - 0, 25 kg;
- milk - 100 ml;
- kefir - 150 ml;
- water - as needed;
- gelatin - 10 g;
- sweetener, flavor - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Pour gelatin with cool milk, leave for 20 minutes.
- Peel pumpkin from skin and pulp with seeds. Cut into small pieces, cover with water and stew until soft. Drain water.
- Add sweetener and kefir to pumpkin, whisk until smooth.
- Heat the milk without boiling. It is only necessary that the gelatin is dissolved until the end.
- Pour the milk into the pumpkin mass, whisk it all together.
- In the form, lay a plastic wrap, pour the blank into it, smooth it out and put it in the fridge.
- Cut the frozen mass into cubes, roll them in a sweetener or starch, put on a plate.
Marshmallow in this recipe is airy and tender. If you want to get a more dense dessert, you can add one and a half times more gelatin. The delicacy prepared according to this recipe can be included in the diet starting from the second stage of the diet.
Marshmallow Ducanu is made without the addition of sugar and other high-calorie ingredients. The use of such a dessert does not harm the figure.