Notoeniya - a genus of marine fish belonging to the order perciformes. Representatives of this taxonomic rank inhabit the Antarctic, off the coast of Patagonia and the sub-Antarctic islands. Nototenii are valuable objects of fishing. Their fat white meat is notable for its high nutritional value and excellent taste.
Appearance of fish
Noteniya has an elongated, laterally compressed body covered with cycloid or ctenoid scales. The back of the fish is dark gray, the sides and belly are silvery. Dark vertical stripes are clearly visible on the bodies of this genus.
The head of notoenia has the shape of a flattened cone The mouth of the fish is finite, on the upper and lower jaws there are a lot of canine or bristle-shaped teeth. The black eyes of notoenia are surrounded by thick golden irises. The fins of the fish (2 dorsal, anal, thoracic, ventral, and caudal) are colored dark gray or greenish brown.
On the body of the nototenia there can be up to 3 lateral lines (anal, medial and dorsal). All of them are formed of perforated and tubular scales.
Nutritional value of nototenia
100 g of raw fish contains:
- 15, 684 g of proteins;
- 9, 468 g of fat;
- 73, 962 g of water;
- 1, 086 g of ash.
In addition, omega-3 fatty acids (1, 042 g per 100 g) and omega-6 (0, 154 g for the same portion) are present in the nototenia composition.
Vitamins in fish
Nototeniya is rich in vitamins. The composition of this product includes:
- retinol equivalent (A) - 79, 987 mkg;
- thiamine (B1) - 0, 118 mg;
- Riboflavin (B2) - 0, 093 mg;
- pyridoxine (B6) - 0, 136 mg;
- folic acid (B9) - 9, 099 mkg;
- cobalamin (B12) - 2, 762 mcg;
- ascorbic acid (C) - 0, 187 mg;
- Niacin equivalent (PP) - 2, 277 mg.
Along with this nototeniya contains calciferol (vitamin D). The concentration of this nutrient is 17, 408 mcg per 100 g of the edible part of the product.
Useful elements in notation
Macroelements in 100 g of fish:
- potassium - 309, 164 mg;
- calcium - 29, 185 mg;
- magnesium - 34, 826 mg;
- sodium - 101, 024 mg;
- sulfur - 189, 488 mg;
- phosphorus - 211, 012 mg;
- chlorine - 164, 212 mg.
Trace elements in 100 g of nototenia:
- iron - 1, 383 mg;
- iodine - 19, 106 μg;
- cobalt - 14, 689 mkg;
- manganese - 0, 084 mg;
- copper - 149, 611 mkg;
- molybdenum - 3, 996 μg;
- nickel - 5, 814 mkg;
- fluorine - 431, 008 mkg;
- chrome - 54, 692 mkg;
- zinc - 0.669 mg.
The energy value of 100 g of raw nototenia - 147, 694 kcal. In the same portion of fried fish - 284, 112 kcal, boiled - 146, 728 kcal, stew - 151, 261 kcal, baked - 162, 014 kcal, smoked - 171, 619 kcal, dried - 194, 072 kcal. Caloric content of broth from nototeni - 34, 663 kcal per 100 g
- Notoeniya - a rich source of easily digestible proteins. Dishes from it are useful for professional athletes, people recovering from surgical interventions or long-lasting diseases, as well as people engaged in heavy physical or intellectual work.
- Substances entering the gastrointestinal tract when consumed by this fish contribute to the elimination of low density lipoproteins from the body, prevent the formation of cholesterol deposits on the walls of blood vessels and prevent the development of atherosclerosis.
- Vitamins of group B and amino acids contained in meat of nototenii, speed up metabolism and normalize the work of the nervous system. People who eat this product at least 2 times a week, less often face mood swings, depressive conditions, sleep disorders.
- Dishes from notoeniya allow timely replenishment of stocks of substances necessary for the full and proper operation of the immune system.
- The fish fillet contains a set of nutrients that improve mental activity, memory and the ability to concentrate for a long time on solving the set tasks.
- The minerals present in the notogenia strengthen the bone tissue, preventing the development of diseases of the teeth and the musculoskeletal system.
- Magnesium, chromium, fatty acids and other nutrients with which this fish is rich, prevent the development of chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Regular consumption of notogeni in food in old age allows strengthening heart muscle and vessel walls, normalizing blood pressure, reducing the likelihood of heart attacks and strokes.
- Cobalt and other beneficial elements that enter the digestive tract along with the meat of this fish have a positive effect on the functioning of the blood-forming system, preventing the onset of anemia.
- Vitamins and minerals contained in notoenii, contribute to improving visual acuity, minimize the negative effects of high loads on the visual apparatus, reduce the risk of developing ophthalmic diseases.
- It has been proven that a complex of compounds is present in the fillets of this fish, which normalize the functioning of the thyroid gland and have a beneficial effect on the general hormonal background.
- The composition of nototenia includes substances that improve the reproductive system in men and women. Dishes prepared from this fish, normalize the composition of sperm, increase potency, reduce the risk of developing inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Nototeni contains a whole set of compounds with antioxidant properties. This product helps to slow down the aging of internal organs and tissues, neutralize the negative effects of free radicals on healthy cells, and prevent the development of cancer.
- The nutrients contained in the notoenie, improve the structure of hair and nails, reduce their fragility and significantly accelerate growth. In addition, they have a positive effect on the skin, give it additional elasticity, elasticity and velvety.
Contraindications and harm to notogenia
- Notoeni - fatty fish, which has a relatively high energy value. Therefore, persons seeking to lose weight, should limit its consumption (especially in fried form).
- Dishes from notoeniu can provoke the development of allergic reactions. For this reason, people who have previously been identified intolerance to fish or seafood, should completely eliminate them from the diet.
- Fried, salted and dried notoeniya is contraindicated in diabetes mellitus, gout, liver and kidney failure, cholecystitis, and severe diseases of the digestive system.
- Doctors advise pregnant women to minimize the consumption of any dishes made from nototenii (especially with toxicosis).