Often, the simplest products allow you to create delicious dishes with a minimum of costs, material and temporary.
Potatoes, onions, vegetable oil and common spices are the basis of most of the proposed recipes.
Baking in the oven, you can make dishes and rosy and crispy, or protomit, leaving the potato almost white.
Both pots and foil are used for cooking, you can bake potatoes with onions in the oven, using a culinary sleeve, such a dish would be perhaps the most juicy.
Potatoes with onions in the oven - the basic principles of cooking
• It is best to peel and chop the potatoes and onions with a sharp, thin knife so that the sliced pieces are beautiful with a smooth, non-rough surface.
• Potatoes for dishes will suit both young and old. Cooked young potatoes are much faster, but the dish is obtained with a less saturated taste.
• It is not recommended to peel and chop the potatoes in advance, as the tubers that have lain in water or in the air quickly change color, darken, and the dishes are less attractive.
• Equally important is the correct cutting. Slices of potatoes and onions of the same shape and approximately the same size not only look beautiful, but are baked evenly.
• Before baking, the pan or pan should be well oiled. When cooking casseroles, it is recommended to lightly powder the bottom and sides of the mold after lubrication with ground breadcrumbs.
• Foil should be “packed” tightly so that there are no cracks and damage, otherwise the potatoes will dry out and the taste of the dish will deteriorate significantly.
• In the process of baking potatoes with onions in the oven, onions are usually used, but you can use fresh green shoots - feathers, depending on the recipe.
• Onion heads are cut into small pieces, half rings, and the green feathers are finely crumbled with a knife. • Baked potato dishes with onions in the oven at a temperature not higher than 200 degrees. The time spent on the preparation of each dish is different and is indicated in the recipe.
• The dish prepared for baking is placed only in a preheated oven.
• Potatoes and onions perfectly harmonize not only with each other, but also with a variety of products that allow you to prepare fairly simple and at the same time original and tasty dishes from these ordinary vegetables.
Peasant potato casserole with onions in the oven
• ten potatoes;
• two large onions;
• 20 g sweet cream butter, or frozen homemade cream;
• 1/2 tsp. basil, dried;
• 100 ml of “light” sour cream;
• two cloves of garlic;
• 50 g. “Russian” cheese.
1. In slices, five millimeters thick, chop the peeled potatoes and dry them with a clean cloth.
2. Put the potatoes in a bowl, sprinkle with basil, salt and mix, add quite a bit of black pepper.
3. Chop the onion into thin half-rings, cut the garlic, or crush it in a mortar.
4. Coarsely rub cheese and mix with garlic and sour cream.
5. Grease the grill with cream or butter.
6. Along the bottom of the mold, spread out half the sliced potatoes evenly, cover with part of the prepared sour cream.
7. Put the onion, the remaining potatoes, pour the pot and put the form in the oven. The temperature should not deviate from 200 degrees.
8. Cook the dish for 1/2 hour.
Potatoes with onions in the oven, baked in pots
Ingredients for two pots, with a capacity of half a liter each:
• one kilogram of middle-aged potatoes;
• three onions;
• two teaspoons of salt;
• black pepper;
• 100 ml of refined oil.
1. Form the potato slices and fry until golden. Put the potatoes on the pan in small portions, so the potato pieces will roast faster and will not be damaged when turning. 2. Pour two spoons of butter into the pan and bring the onion, crushed with a knife, to amber in it.
3. Potted passerovanny onions and roasted potatoes, add salt with pepper or a set of spices for potato dishes.
4. Fill the pots with boiling water until half, sprinkle with chopped green onions and cover with lids, put on the grid in the oven.
5. Cook for half an hour.
Potatoes with onions in the oven, baked in foil
• 1 kg medium sized potatoes;
• 300 g of “Kostroma” cheese;
• 350 g of fat with meat layer;
• one hundred milliliters of mayonnaise;
• two onions.
1. Cut the foil into large squares and form deep portions.
2. Wash the potatoes with water, peel and cut into small slices.
3. Chop the onion with a knife on the half-rings, and the fat in about 1.5 cm pieces on each side.
4. Moisten each cake with slightly vegetable oil, put the pieces of bacon on the bottom and season with spices, salt.
5. Place the potatoes on top of the bacon, then the onions and the potatoes again. Sprinkle with spices, pour with mayonnaise, and, tightly wrapping the foil, put the molds on a baking sheet.
6. Heat the oven to 200 degrees and put a pan with potatoes in it, bake until done.
7. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, open the foil, but do not unfold to the end, and sprinkle the top of the baked potato with coarsely grated cheese. Return the dish to the oven.
8. When the cheese has melted and begins to become covered with a ruddy crust, remove the baking sheet.
9. Put the molds on a la carte plates and serve to the table, sprinkled with green, finely chopped onions.
Potatoes with onions in the oven in Italian
• kilogram of small potatoes;
• one hundred ml. olive or refined sunflower oil;
• two bulbs;
• half a small head of garlic;
• 1 tsp. dry rosemary;
• thyme and sage - 4 pinches; • black pepper.
1. Crush the onion with a knife, push the garlic through the press.
2. Cut the potatoes into large cubes and put them in a bowl.
3. Add chopped garlic, onions and, watering with olive oil, mix.
4. Sprinkle with herbs, salt to taste, add ground pepper and mix again.
5. Spread parchment paper on a baking sheet, spread out the potatoes and place in an oven preheated to the desired temperature.
6. Cook the potatoes for 30 minutes.
Potatoes with onions in the oven in foil in the Ukrainian manner
To prepare this dish, potatoes are not cleaned, salted take the bacon, onions - the maximum size.
• 800 grams of young potatoes;
• 350 grams of fat;
• two large onions;
• “Spices for potatoes”.
1. Cut the fat into small, thin slices; chop the onions into quarters or half rings.
2. Pour water into a small saucepan and boil it on the fire.
3. When the water boils, lay onions and blanch for two minutes.
4. Remove the onions from the pan and let cool.
5. Wash the potatoes with water, carefully washing away the dirt, and wipe with a disposable towel.
6. Make several transverse cuts on the tubers, retreating 0.5 cm, and lay a piece of bacon in each incision.
7. Put the potatoes in a roaster covered with foil, sprinkle with onions, cover with foil and pack tightly, wrapping the edges several times.
8. Place the dish in a preheated oven on a baking sheet or rack and, after closing the door, bake for about half an hour.
Potatoes with onions in the oven “royally”
• half a kilo of pork, tenderloin;
• big head of non-bitter bow;
• 250 gram pack of mayonnaise;
• 100 grams of spicy hard cheese.
1. Wash the meat under the tap, dry it and cut into small pieces, one centimeter thick. This is best done across the fibers. 2. Onions cut thinly, forming half-rings, coarsely rub cheese, and form potatoes with thin straws.
3. Pieces of meat, beat off well and rub abundantly with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. On a greased chafing dish lay out a broken layer of a broken cut.
5. On top also lay the potatoes firmly and a uniform layer of onion.
6. Brush with mayonnaise, a low-fat lettuce salad is best, although this is not critical. Sprinkle the dish with plenty of cheese.
7. Put the dish in the oven for half an hour.
8. Cut the prepared potatoes with onions in the oven “Royally” cut into portions and serve with fresh vegetables.
Grated potatoes with onions in the oven “Spring mood”
• 600 grams of potatoes;
• two chicken eggs;
• 200 grams of “Kostroma” cheese;
• a bunch of onion feathers.
1. On a grater with large cells, rub raw potatoes.
2. Add salt, pour the whisk of chicken eggs and stir with a spoon. You can add chopped dill with a knife.
3. Grease the roasting pan with vegetable or butter oil and put the grated potatoes in it.
4. Sprinkle with chopped green onions, on top - finely grated cheese and set to bake.
5. Twenty minutes later, remove the ready shredded potatoes with onions, cool and cut them into portions.
6. Serve copiously with sour cream.
Skewers of young potatoes with onions in the oven
• twenty tubers of new potatoes;
• 2 onions;
• 75 ml of olive oil;
• 1 tbsp. l rosemary needles;
• black pepper, or a mixture of fragrant (mild) peppers.
1. Soak wooden skewers in water.
2. Rinse new potatoes in water and peel.
3. Put potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water and boil.
4. When the water in the pan boils, add salt to taste, reduce heat and cook until tender.
5. Pour water out of the pan and let the potatoes cool. 6. Cut each onion into eight equal pieces, and cut the potatoes in half.
7. Put a slice of potatoes, onions, potatoes again, etc., on the soaked wooden skewer, until you have filled out the whole “skewer”.
8. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, lay skewers strung with vegetables.
9. Mix the oil with rosemary, pepper and salt.
10. Using a special pastry brush, carefully blot the vegetables with a mixture of oil and spices and place them in a preheated oven.
11. Fifteen minutes later, ready-made skewers of potatoes and onions in the oven shift to a wide dish and, served with fresh cucumbers and tomatoes, serve to the table.
Potatoes with onions in the oven - tips and useful tips
• For baking whole, it is recommended to select proportional tubers so that the potatoes are baked evenly.
• If you hold new potatoes for a couple of minutes in hot water and then dip them in cold water, it will clear faster.
• Frozen potato for baking is not suitable, in the process of cooking such tubers darken and become tasteless.
• When baking grated potatoes with onions in the oven, add a little milk to the potato mass. The grated mass will brighten, and the dish will not have the taste of raw potatoes.
• Skewers with strung potatoes when baking potato skewers, it is not necessary to put them on a baking sheet. If you put a grater in the oven, the “skewer” with potatoes can be inserted into the holes on the grater.