If in the Catholic countries for Thanksgiving, it is customary to bake turkey, then one of the traditional dishes of a festive meal is duck baked in our oven. Today we will share with you the recipes of its preparation, as well as tell you a few tricks that will make it extremely tasty and fragrant.
Bake duck is somewhat more complicated than a chicken, so there are recommendations, the observance of which will be the key to the success of the dish.
A few baking rules
The first step is to choose the right carcass. Buy a duck not heavier than 2, 5 kilograms, because this is a guarantee that the bird is young.
During butchering the carcass must cut off the ass so that the cooked bird does not have an unpleasant smell. Whole baked duck will be juicy and fragrant if it is prefilled with apples or oranges.
The optimum temperature for roasting is 180 degrees.
Cooking time is calculated using the following formula: carcass weight * 40 minutes + 25 minutes. For example, a duck weighs 2,200 grams. Multiply 2, 2 by 40 and add 25. To prepare the carcass will need 113 minutes, that is, almost 2 hours.
Whole duck baked in the oven, with apples in foil
You will need:
- duck - 2 kilograms,
- apples - 4-5 pieces,
- oranges - 1-2 pieces,
- prunes - 10 pieces,
- dried apricots - 10 pieces,
- walnuts - 10 pieces,
- salt - to taste,
- pepper - to taste,
- garlic - 3-4 cloves,
- vegetable oil.
- Wash duck, dry with paper towels.
- Mix salt and pepper. Rub a mixture of carcass outside and inside.
- We clean the garlic, rub it inside the duck.
- Cooking stuffing. Apples clean, remove seeds, cut into small slices.
- Oranges clean, cut into slices.
- Cut the prunes and dried apricots into pieces.
- Clean and chop the nuts.
- Mix all ingredients and fill them with a prepared carcass.
- Sew a hole.
- Lubricate the outside duck with vegetable oil.
- We lay out the carcass back down on a baking sheet covered with oiled foil.
- Cover the duck with apples, slices and whole fruits.
- Cover with foil.
- Ship to pre-heated to 180 degrees oven. Approximately every half an hour the duck should be watered with the juice that forms during cooking.
- A quarter of an hour before readiness, we remove the foil. Remove all the melted juice. We pour the duck with orange juice.
- Serve decorated with apples and oranges.
Duck baked in the oven, with apples in the “sleeve”
The duck prepared in this way is especially soft and tender, as it is stewed in its own juice.
You will need:
- duck - 1, 5-2, 0 kilograms,
- apples - 2-3 pieces,
- salt - to taste,
- black pepper - to taste,
- lemon - 1 piece,
- vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon,
- honey - 1 tablespoon,
- garlic - 2-3 cloves,
- Balsamic vinegar - 1 teaspoon (if desired).
- My duck, dry it.
- Mix salt and pepper. Rub the carcass outside and inside.
- Marinating duck during the day. To prepare the marinade, mix lemon juice squeezed from lemon, finely chopped garlic, honey, vegetable oil and, if desired, balsamic vinegar.
- After the duck was pickled, we stuff it with apples, cut into slices.
- We sew a duck with threads or fasten with toothpicks.
- We pack a duck stuffed with apples into a sleeve.
- Sent to an oven heated to 180 degrees.
- 10-15 minutes before the readiness is ready, we open the sleeve so that the duck will turn red. Serve on the table with your favorite side dish. Enjoy your meal!