Celery is highly respected by cooks, as it has a pleasant aroma that can make any dish more appetizing. The taste of the root and stem of this plant also appeals to many gourmets. For salads and preserves, use greens and vegetables. Due to the fact that celery contains a lot of fiber and has a meager caloric content, dishes from it are often included in the menu by people trying to lose weight. Do not just eat a lot of these dishes for pregnant women, as they can provoke smooth muscle contraction. The rest of the first courses and snacks from this vegetable can be safely included in the diet. Celery puree soup with creamy texture, indescribable aroma and excellent taste, can conquer the heart of almost any person.
Cream soup of various vegetables can often be found in the menu of cafes and restaurants, which is why young housewives may get the impression that for preparing such dishes you need to have certain culinary skills. This is not true. Delicious celery cream soup easily cooks even a novice cook, if you take into account when cooking a few moments.
- The taste of the roots and stalks of celery is not the same. These products are not interchangeable, but can complement each other.
- Stem celery must be thoroughly washed before adding to the soup, as it may contain sand, then cut it into small pieces across. Celery stalks have fairly coarse fibers, and if the stalks are chopped large, they will not be easy to chop after.
- Root celery is peeled, like potatoes, and cut into small pieces, often in cubes, although the shape of the pieces does not matter when preparing a cream dish. Celery root is processed immediately before adding it to the soup, otherwise it will darken and give the finished dish an unappetizing shade. So that it does not darken, you can sprinkle it with lemon juice or not too concentrated vinegar (wine, apple).
- The celery cream soup will taste better if the stalks or pieces of the root of this plant are fried before adding to the soup. It is better to use butter, but vegetable oil will do. If you fry some other vegetables (onions, carrots), the taste of the finished dish will benefit.
- Celery can be boiled in broth, milk or water. Taste and caloric content of the finished dish also depend on the choice of liquid basis. Here you have to choose which parameter is more important for you.
- For grinding the ingredients that make up the dish, most often they use a blender, but the task can be managed without the help of kitchen appliances. To do this, boiled vegetables fray through a sieve.
- Turmeric, paprika, beet juice, tomato allow you to give the soup more appetizing hues.
Serve celery cream soup with croutons, which are best prepared on your own by drying the cubes of white bread in the oven or in a pan. You should not put them in the plate beforehand, as they quickly soak. It is better to file the toast to the soup separately.
Celery Puree Soup
- water or broth - 1 l;
- celery root - 0, 4 kg;
- celery stalks - 100 g;
- celery greens - 20 g;
- butter - 40 g;
- lemon juice - 20 ml;
- sour cream - 100 ml;
- sugar - 5 g;
- salt, red and black pepper - to taste.
- The stalks, roots and greens of celery wash well, dry with a napkin.
- Petioles cut across the fibers into chunks no thicker than 1 cm.
- Peel the vegetable roots, cut into small cubes.
- Melt butter, put celery cubes in it, fry for 5 minutes.
- Add lemon juice mixed with sugar, mix.
- After 2-3 minutes, add petioles; after about the same time, pour celery with broth or water.
- Cook until all parts of the vegetable are soft.
- Using an immersion blender or in any other way, turn the contents of the pan into a puree. Be careful when working with an immersion blender: if it is not turned off at the time of immersion or removal from the soup, hot sprays will fly to the sides.
- Add sour cream, chopped green celery to the soup.
- Over low heat, stirring constantly, bring the soup to a boil and boil it for 2-3 minutes.
This is one of the few celery soup-mashed potatoes recipes that use only this vegetable. Usually the recipe of such dishes is a little more complicated.
Celery Root Soup
- celery root - 0, 2 kg;
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- olive oil - 80 ml;
- broth or water - 1, 5 l;
- cream - 0, 2 l;
- parsley - 50 g;
- nutmeg - a pinch;
- salt - to taste.
- Scrape, wash carrots. Cut it into small circles or cubes.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into pieces of about 1-1.5 cm.
- Remove the husks from the onion, finely chop it.
- Chop garlic cloves with thin plates.
- Peel celery root, cut it into cubes no larger than a centimeter.
- At the bottom of the pan, in which the soup will boil, pour in the oil. Put onion in it and fry over low heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add celery cubes. Continue to fry the onion and celery for 5 minutes together.
- Add the carrots and garlic, fry the vegetables for another 5 minutes.
- Add potatoes, add water or broth. Boil until the potatoes are soft, the rest of the vegetables will be ready by this time too.
- Grind the contents of the saucepan using an immersion blender.
- Salt, pour in the cream. Bring to a boil.
Spread the soup into plates, add a little nutmeg and chopped parsley to each. Serve separately.
Soup of celery stalks puree
- celery stalks - 0, 25 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- butter or vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- broth or water - 1 l;
- cream - 0, 2 l;
- processed cheese - 150 g;
- salt, pepper, basil - to taste.
- Rinse celery stalks, cut into small pieces.
- Peel the onions and carrots, cut into small cubes.
- Pour oil on the bottom of the pan, warm it up.
- Put chopped vegetables in butter, fry them for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Fill with two glasses of broth and cook until soft vegetables.
- Fumigate the contents of the pan with a blender.
- Heat the remaining broth.
- Chop cheese on a coarse grater. If the cheese is pre-frozen, it will be easier to rub it.
- Put the cheese in boiling broth. Simmer it slowly, stirring until the cheese is completely dissolved.
- Pour the cheese broth into the saucepan with the vegetable puree. Add cream, salt, spices.
- Heat the soup to a boil.
If it seems to you that the soup is not thick enough, next time add a couple of potatoes. They will need to be peeled, cut into cubes and put in a pan before pouring the browned vegetables with water or broth.
Celery puree soup has an indescribable aroma and a pleasant taste. It can be included in the menu for people who are on a diet for weight loss. A dish made from celery roots is different from soup cooked from its stems. Both options have their fans.