Hungarian snacks stand out for their brightness. Most recipes use seasonal vegetables, and Bulgarian pepper comes first. With what it just does not combine! Although, from other products in Hungary they also make a lot of different snacks.
Hungarian Snack - General Cooking Principles
Lecho is a classic Hungarian snack, the recipes of which are an incredible amount. In addition to pepper, they add carrots, zucchini, eggplants and even lard. Below is a couple of interesting recipes. Also in the Hungarian cuisine cottage cheese is very much appreciated. It is actively used, but more often in salt form.
Hungarian snacks tend to add a lot of spices. In honor not only fresh pepper, but also ground paprika. Very often they are combined in one dish, which allows you to get rich flavors. Garlic, black pepper, cloves and all sorts of greens are actively used.
Hungarian appetizer with bell peppers and carrots
A variant of the Hungarian lecho. In addition to the Bulgarian pepper, there are other vegetables in this snack, such as carrots. If there is no lard, then you can use another kind of fat or just butter.
• 3 kg of pepper;
• 1 head of garlic;
• 100 grams of fat;
• 4 onions;
• kilogram of tomatoes;
• 3 tablespoons of vinegar;
• four carrots;
• Spoon of salt;
• four spoons of sugar;
• paprika, black pepper.
1. For cooking snacks need a large stewpan or cauldron. If there is nothing like that, then we take a pot with a thick bottom or fry the first vegetables in a frying pan, then we shift.
2. Cut the bacon into pieces, toss and fry the dot of the appearance of greaves. Carefully remove them.
3. Cut the onion into strips, put in fat, fry until transparent.
4. Peel the carrots and grate them in large strips, as for Korean salads. Transfer to the onion, fry together. Usually a spoonful of paprika is added to them, which can also be done. 5. Pepper cut into halves, remove the seeds, then cut each part in length for another 3-5 parts to make large strips. Pour the pepper to the vegetables, stir and heat for two minutes.
6. Tomatoes on the recipe are laid entirely, but can be cut. Also, sometimes skin is removed from tomatoes, which is not necessary to do. Just add, cover the pot and simmer it all together for half an hour.
7. Add wine vinegar to the Hungarian snack, salt, be sure to pour sugar, which will enhance the taste.
8. Clean the big head of garlic, grind and also lay in this stage. All thoroughly stir, simmer lecho more 5-7 minutes and ready!
Hungarian snack with zucchini and pepper for the winter
A variant of a delicious Hungarian billet for the winter based on lecho, in which pieces of pepper and squash are ideally combined. To prepare, you can use red or yellow pepper, green pods are better not to take, as they give the piece a little bitterness.
• 1.5 kg of ripe tomatoes;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 70 ml of oil;
• 500 g zucchini;
• 200 g onions;
• 800 grams of pepper;
• 5 peppercorns;
• Spoon of salt;
• a couple of tablespoons of sugar;
• bitter pepper (one medium pod);
• 2 tbsp. l vinegar;
• 3 carnations.
1. First make tomato sauce. To do this, chop the tomatoes into pieces, transfer them to the pan, cover and send to the stove. Stew in your juice for twenty minutes, then we mix with a blender. Either we immediately twist through the meat grinder, put it on the stove and cook the same amount of time, but keep the lid closed so that the juice does not boil out.
2. Cut the onion into cubes, fry slightly, do not let the pieces burn. It is often cast raw, it can also be done, but after roasting it will have a pleasant aroma.
3. Shift the onion into the tomato sauce.
4. Cut the pepper into wide strips, discard the cores with the seeds. Pour into a saucepan.
5. Zucchini cut into pieces and also add.
6. Grind the garlic and pods of hot pepper, throws in the total mass.
7. Immediately put salt with sugar, pour pepper into the peas, stir everything thoroughly, cover and cook for twenty minutes. 8. At the end we throw the cloves, vinegar, stir, be sure to taste and, if necessary, put more spices.
9. Boil a minute with vinegar and immediately pour into sterile jars, quickly roll up and turn the billet on the neck. In this form, we keep the Hungarian snack until it is completely cool, then you can put it away for storage.
Hungarian zucchini snack
This is not a preparation for the winter, but simply a very tasty Hungarian-style vegetable snack. According to the recipe it adds sour cream, the fat content of which you can choose at your discretion. If you do not want to weight the snack, then you can replace the sour cream with Greek white yogurt.
• 2 zucchini;
• 150 grams of sour cream;
• one pepper;
• 2 tomatoes;
• 2 bulbs;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 0.5 tablespoons ground paprika;
• a spoonful of flour;
• 50 grams of oil;
• parsley and spices.
1. Pour the oil into the pan, send it to the stove, let it heat up.
2. Peel and quickly chop the onion, pour in to the heated oil, fry for about two minutes. Then pour the paprika to it, stir, warm for 10 seconds.
3. Dice the Bulgarian pepper, pour to the onion, pour in 50 ml of hot water and stew. All the water should evaporate.
4. Diced zucchini, put into the pan, fry with other vegetables for about five minutes. The pieces should not fall apart, let them remain a bit stiff.
5. Slice ripe tomatoes into small pieces, shift them to the rest of the vegetables, stir and stew the dish almost until ready.
6. Mix a spoonful of flour with sour cream, grind it thoroughly so that there are no lumps, pour it into the pan.
7. Immediately salt and pepper, add garlic cloves, pre-chopped.
8. Warm up the snack for a couple of minutes, turn off the heat, fill with fresh parsley. Serve hot, like stew, or cool.
Hungarian snack “Körözet”
The option of bright snacks, it is desirable to use large and multi-colored pepper. It is quite spicy, with spices and mustard. At the heart of fat cottage cheese. Ingredients
• 500 g of cottage cheese 18%;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• four peppers;
• 3 tbsp. l sour cream;
• spoon of paprika;
• 0.5 tsp. red pepper;
• 0.5 tsp. mustard;
• 0.5 onions;
• 0.5 buns of dill;
• 1 tsp. cumin seeds.
1. Curd cheese with a spoon or mash with a fork, put in a bowl.
2. On the smallest grater, chop a half of the onion, together with it you can immediately rub the peeled garlic cloves.
3. Chop the greens, add to the total weight.
4. Combine sour cream with mustard, add salt, hot pepper to them, put paprika, cumin, and grind until homogeneous. If this is not done, then in the cottage cheese evenly distribute the sharp spices will be more difficult.
5. We shift the sour cream into the total mass, thoroughly stir.
6. Carefully prune the stems of the peppers, remove the seeds, remove all the valves.
7. Tightly stuff the peppers with cooked cottage cheese, remove them for a couple of hours in the fridge.
8. When serving, peppers should be cut across with washers, spread out nicely.
Hungarian snack: sandwich with egg pate
The recipe is a simple snack that can be prepared for breakfast or for the arrival of guests. In the egg pate, you can add different spices at your discretion.
• 4 eggs;
• 50 grams of drained oil .;
• 1 tbsp. l oils grow .;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 2 bulbs;
• 50 g of nuts;
• 4 radishes;
• fresh cucumber.
1. Onion cut into cubes, fry in butter until transparent, add crushed garlic, heat together until soft.
2. Fry nuts in vegetable oil until golden brown.
3. Boil eggs, peel, cut into pieces.
4. Combine onion in a bowl, add nuts, eggs, add spices and fry everything together with a blender.
5. Cut the baguette, brush with egg pate. You can dry the pieces of the loaf first.
6. Cut radish and fresh cucumber into rings, garnish with a snack. It is possible to use other vegetables and greens for this purpose.
Hungarian snack “Curd Gombovtsy”
Option snacks, which is a boiled curd balls. They can be served with spicy sauces or with sweet jam, condensed milk. Ingredients
• 500 g of cottage cheese;
• two eggs;
• 5 spoons of semolina;
• 10 g of sugar;
• a pinch of salt;
• 30 g butter;
• 3 tbsp. l flour;
• 4-5 tablespoons of crackers.
1. Mix grated cottage cheese, add eggs, salt and sugar to them, mix thoroughly. For the salty version, you can enter a clove of garlic.
2. At the end, add the semolina, flour, re-stir and leave the dough for ten minutes.
3. Wet small balls with wet hands, no more than four centimeters in diameter.
4. Boil water, salt, throw the balls, gently stir with a slotted spoon and boil for 5 minutes after surfacing.
5. Take out a slotted spoon, shake off all the drops.
6. Melt the butter, add the crackers, fry to a pleasant aroma.
7. Roll the warm balls in fried crackers.
Hungarian hors d'oeuvres - tips and tricks
• Pink and yellow tomatoes are very popular now, but the tomato juice is pale and ugly. You can fix the color with the help of boiled chopped beets, it can be added to lecho. It is not necessary to use the root vegetable raw, it will turn brown.
• Sterilization of cans is not always time-consuming and time consuming. There are lots of simple ways. For example, pour some water and put the jars in the microwave, warm it for 5-7 minutes, pour out the water. Or heat the jars in the oven on a baking sheet.
• Garlic is not always easy to clean, it can be very difficult to remove dry husk. But you can soak the teeth in cold water, the process will go much faster.