Hungarian soups are dishes that never cease to amaze.
They differ in the fancy use of products and spices.
Therefore, have an extraordinary taste and aroma.
Let's try making Hungarian soup at home?
Hungarian Soup - General Cooking Principles
Hungarian soups have no clear technology or rules. It all depends on the recipe. In one dish all the ingredients are put into the pan and just boiled. For another soup is characterized by cooking dressings, roasting vegetables. And there are also complex first courses, which are prepared in several stages, require a lot of time and have their own nuances.
Almost all soups contain vegetables. This is mainly tomatoes, peppers, potatoes. Often used beans, lentils. In Hungarian cuisine one can meet both light soups, and nourishing, rich, with bacon and bacon.
Recipe 1: Hungarian Goulash Soup (Bograch)
We have goulash - a thick meat dish that is served with a side dish. And in Hungary, this is a wonderful soup, also thick, nourishing and rich. His second name is caul. On cooking dishes will take about two hours.
• 0.4 kg of beef;
• 6 cloves of garlic;
• 6 potatoes;
• 0.3 kg of onions;
• 1 chilli pod;
• 1 tomato;
• 1 carrot;
• 1 spoon of tomato paste;
• 2 bell peppers;
• some oil.
What spices are used: cumin, coriander, pepper, paprika, herbs as desired.
1. Finely chop the peeled onions. There is a lot of him in the Hungarian soup, let it not frighten.
2. Pour a thin layer of oil into the pan, heat it and put onion, fry for three minutes.
3. Add chopped garlic and pour spices, warm up.
4. As soon as an unparalleled flavor comes out of the pan, add the diced beef and fry. The size of the pieces is 1.5-2 centimeters. 5. After 10 minutes, throw the diced tomato and tomato paste.
6. While the ingredients are fried with tom atom, chop the cleaned carrots, chop the sweet and spicy pepper, peel the potatoes. Then we cut them too, the size of the pieces, as in meat or slightly larger.
7. Lay the paprika with potatoes and carrots to the roasted vegetables, add boiling water. It should take about 600 ml.
8. Cook the dish for about 40-50 minutes until the meat is completely cooked. We salt in 15 minutes prior to the end of cooking.
9. At the end put the greens or add directly to the plates.
Recipe 2: Hungarian Spinach Soup with Bacon
Recipe for Hungarian Green Spinach Soup. Very useful and quick to prepare. If you want to reduce calories or cook a vegetarian option, then bacon can be replaced with mushrooms, and add olive oil.
• 450 grams of spinach;
• 30 grams of butter;
• 200 grams of bacon;
• 200 ml of cream;
• 2 onions;
• 2.5 spoons of wheat flour;
• 2 eggs;
• salt and black pepper.
1. Cut the onion heads into small cubes, fry with butter, add flour at the end.
2. Boil three minutes of spinach, we get and grind in mashed potatoes using a blender.
3. Mix the broth with fried onions and flour. Cook on low heat for about 5 minutes, do not forget to salt.
4. Cut the bacon into thin slices, fry until golden brown in a dry skillet.
5. Eggs need to boil hard boiled.
6. We collect soup. To do this, add the mashed spinach in the onion decoction. Put in a pan fried bacon, boiled and diced eggs.
7. Fill the dish with cream, black pepper, heat up and serve.
Recipe 3: Hungarian lentil soup
Recipe for traditional Hungarian soup. He is preparing for the New Year. And according to tradition, the dish contributes to wealth and prosperity in the coming year. Ingredients
• 1.5 liters of meat or chicken broth;
• 2 onions;
• 3 glasses of mashed tomatoes, can be pickled;
• 3 carrots;
• 1 clove of garlic;
• 4 tablespoons of olive oil;
• 2 celery stalks;
• 280 grams of lentils;
• 120 ml of white wine;
• salt, paprika, black pepper;
• Bay leaf;
• 0.5 glass of Parmesan.
1. We take a pot with a thick bottom, but it is possible and a cauldron. Pour in the oil and set on fire.
2. Add the finely chopped onions and cook until the slices are transparent.
3. Next we put the garlic, ground paprika, carrot cut into small cubes and also celery. The size of the pieces of vegetables should not be larger than lentils. Fry it all together for about five minutes.
4. Add the grated tomatoes and simmer another five minutes.
5. Put the washed lentils. You can soak it for a couple of hours to speed up the cooking process.
6. Then pour boiling broth, salt, put pepper, wine and cook the dish until lentils are ready.
7. Fill with bay leaves and parsley, while serving sprinkle the soup with parmesan.
Recipe 4: Hungarian Cherry and Wine Soup
Recipe sweet Hungarian soup with cherries, which will delight on a sunny day. But it can also be made from frozen berries and remember summer in winter. It can be consumed both hot and cold.
• 700 grams of cherries;
• 1 sticks of cinnamon;
• 250 grams of water;
• 700 ml of dry wine;
• 250 grams of low-fat cream;
• 250 grams of sour cream;
• 250 grams of sugar.
1. We wash the cherries, remove the stones and send them to the pan.
2. Add water, put on the stove.
3. After boiling pour wine in and boil down over a small fire for fifteen minutes.
4. We throw cinnamon stick, do not remove from the fire.
5. Mix the cream with sour cream, add to the pan, heat up and cook! In the cold season we eat it in the summer, you can cool it or serve it with ice cream balls.
Recipe 5: Hungarian soup with ham and beans
Recipe for spicy sweet-spicy Hungarian soup, which is made from red beans. Soak it in advance in cold water for about 10 hours, then boil until soft. But the feature of this dish is the addition of dried cherries.
• 4 cups boiled beans;
• 300 grams of diced ham;
• 1.3 liters of any broth;
• 1 tsp. red pepper;
• 2 tsp. sweet paprika;
• 150 grams of dried pitted cherries;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• 2 bulbs;
• 40 ml of olive oil;
• 20 grams of brown sugar;
1. Onion cut finely, chopped garlic and fry together in a frying pan with olive oil.
2. Add chopped ham, fry together.
3. Add the broth and lay all the other ingredients, including boiled beans.
4. Immediately put all the spices, cherries and sugar.
5. Put the soup to boil, and, to be more precise, to stew on a small fire.
6. After 10 minutes, we add salt and cook for another five minutes.
7. Add greens as desired.
Recipe 6: Hungarian Halasley Soup with Fish
Dish with world popularity. This Hungarian soup can be found in many restaurants. Prepared from carp, catfish and small river fish.
• 1 kg of carp;
• 1 kg of small fish;
• 1 kg of catfish;
• 2 onions;
• 7 sweet peppercorns;
• 2 spoons of paprika;
• 2 hot peppers;
• 3 tomatoes;
• 3 cloves of garlic;
• 100 grams of smoked bacon.
• 1 egg;
• 3 spoons of water;
1. Carp and catfish with giblets, remove heads and tails, cut into pieces of two centimeters, pour sweet paprika and while we remove in the cold.
2. We prepare rich broth from small fish and waste from large fish. Immediately add one hot pepper, one sweet and onions to it. Cook for at least two hours. 3. Filter the broth, press the fish. Again put on the stove.
4. After boiling, add the fish from the refrigerator. When boiling we remove foam. It is believed that at this stage, the soup can not be stirred with a spoon, you can only shake the pan.
5. Add diced sweet peppers, chopped tomatoes, salt the soup and cook for about ten minutes.
6. Put chopped garlic on and off.
7. Knead dough out of eggs and flour with water, let it soak for 15 minutes and make long noodles. Boil separately.
8. When serving in plates, put the noodles, pour the fish soup, add the chopped smoked lard mixed with the chopped pod of hot pepper.
Hungarian Soup - Tips and Tricks
• Ground paprika, sweet Bulgarian and hot peppers, fragrant peas - this is something that is often found in Hungarian soups and gives them a special taste. All these ingredients can be added in unlimited quantities and mixed together.
• Many Hungarian soups can be cooked on the water, but still it is better to cook the broth, at least vegetable. Everything is done simply: the roots are fried, poured with water and boiled until soft with spices, then the broth is filtered.
• A beautiful soup will only work if the pieces of food have not collapsed and retain their shape. Therefore, during cooking, you need to regularly check the readiness of products in order to complete the process on time.