Not every housewife has a lot of time preparing a hearty lunch or dinner, but everyone wants to feed the family deliciously. Potatoes and minced meat are prepared quickly and easily, and these affordable foods can be combined in one dish. Potatoes fried with minced meat, like almost everyone, but a lot of time and effort to cook it is not required. According to any recipe, even an inexperienced cook can make this dish.
How to fry potatoes, almost any housewife knows, but cooking it together with minced meat has its specifics. In order to avoid mistakes and get the expected result, you need to know the basic principles of cooking this dish.
- A potato for cooking it in a pan together with minced meat will suit any, unless it has any signs of rot and is not green. However, from the new potato any dishes are more delicate in taste and cook faster.
- If you hold the potatoes before frying for a while in cold water, some of the starch will come out of it. Then it will be less calorie and it will be better to brown while frying in a pan. You can also choose varieties of potatoes, which initially did not contain starch too much. It is these vegetables that most producers use to make chips.
- You can fry with minced meat not only raw potatoes, but also pre-cooked in uniform or large pieces. Boiled potatoes can be cut into chunks of any size, and raw, most often, cut into small-sized bars, like for french fries, thin semicircles or small cubes.
- Potatoes are combined with any kind of meat, so minced meat can be used beef, pork, chicken, mixed, that is, any. Even a frozen product will do, but it will have to be taken out of the freezer in advance so that it can thaw out under natural conditions, without a sharp temperature drop. Otherwise, it may become dry and not too tasty.
- If you have the opportunity to make stuffing at home, you should use it. Purchased minced meat can be made with the addition of skin and cartilage, which do not have great nutritional value and do not improve the taste of the finished dish.
- The technology of making fried potatoes with minced meat involves roasting them separately and then combining them. Mixing potatoes and meat products, you need to give them time to "make friends", so that the potatoes are soaked with the aroma and taste of meat. To do this, you need to fry a little together or, removing them from the stove, let them stew under a lid. But we must understand that if the potatoes are steamed, it will not be crisp. There are options for cooking when minced meat is fried first, then potatoes are added to it and fried until ready.
- Fried potatoes with minced meat can be turned into a casserole, or simply into a more refined dish, if you put the dish into shape, pour eggs or sprinkle with cheese, bake for 15-20 minutes.
When serving potatoes cooked in a pan with minced meat, do not interfere with sprinkling with finely chopped greens - it will give the dish a more appetizing look.
Potato fried with minced meat and onions
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- minced meat - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 150 g;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- fresh greens - for serving;
- refined vegetable oil - as required.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into semicircles or medium-sized bars.
- Free the onions from the husk. Half of it cut into thin half-rings, the remaining - into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, put the onion sliced into half rings. Fry until it starts to get a golden hue.
- Add potatoes to the onions, salt them, season to taste, and mix.
- Fry the potatoes over medium heat without a lid, stirring occasionally with a spatula so that the vegetable does not stick. Roast potatoes required until ready.
- In another pan, heat a little more oil, put the remaining onion and mince in it, sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Cook the mince, kneading it so that it does not gather into lumps until it turns light.
- Transfer the mince to the potatoes, mix them. Fry the potatoes with the minced meat for 2-3 minutes.
It remains to decompose the nourishing dish on a plate, sprinkle with finely chopped greens and call the household to the table.
Potatoes fried with bacon and minced meat
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- lard - 50 g;
- minced meat - 150 g;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- refined vegetable oil - as needed.
- Peel the potatoes, cut them into small pieces.
- Peel the onion, cut into small cubes.
- Put the mince in a plate and mash with a fork.
- Cut the lard into small cubes.
- Put the fat in a deep frying pan, put it on fire. Wait until fat starts to be actively drained from fat.
- Put minced meat to the bacon, salt it and pepper.
- Fry, stirring and disassociating with the spatula until the mince loses its reddish color.
- Put the potatoes in mince, mix. About 5 minutes fry potatoes with minced meat without a lid, then stir, cover with a lid. Leave to cook over low heat until the potatoes are tender. From time to time, lift the lid and mix the contents of the pan.
A dish made according to this recipe is so fragrant that you will not have to invite people to the table: they will gather for it before the dish is ready.
Fried potatoes with minced meat and garlic
- potatoes - 1 kg;
- minced meat - 0.5 kg;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- tomato paste - 60-80 ml;
- water - 0, 2 l;
- refined vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- fresh parsley (for serving) - 30 g;
- salt, seasonings - to taste.
- Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes of about 1 cm.
- Pour oil into the pan, put the garlic sliced into the pan.
- Fry the garlic until it turns dark.
- Remove the garlic from the pan, put the potatoes in the fragrant oil.
- Fry it over medium heat until it is covered with a ruddy crust.
- Temporarily place the potatoes from the pan into another container.
- In place of potatoes, put the stuffing, fry it for 5-10 minutes.
- Transfer the potatoes to the mince.
- Dissolve tomato paste with water, add salt and spices. Pour the sauce with the potatoes with minced meat, mix them.
- Reduce heat, cover the pan with a lid. Simmer the food until the potatoes are ready.
Food on this recipe is fragrant and tender. Despite the fact that at the second stage the products are stewed, the main ingredient retains the unique taste, which is characteristic only for fried potatoes.
In this recipe, potatoes with minced meat can be cooked in a slow cooker. For frying potatoes and minced meat, use the “Frying” or “Baking” program, after adding the sauce, cooking is continued using the “Stewing” program.
Potatoes with minced meat, fried in a pan, it turns out delicious, nourishing and fragrant. Her cooking does not require great culinary skill, does not take much time and effort. However, the result is liked by almost everyone, and it is unlikely that anyone will refuse such food, even if you make it often.