Probably, in childhood, many organized “Baked Potato Festivity” on the waste ground, secretly pulling tubers from mother's stocks.
Even now, few people will refuse hot potatoes “in uniform”, just taken out of a fire. But affairs and cares do not allow to carry out the conceived, and the potato covered with ashes and emitting a dizzying aroma remains a dream.
But experienced hostesses know that baked potatoes can be cooked in the oven. Of course, it will not smell like a fire, but still get tasty and crumbly.
With the advent of the multicooker, it became much easier to bake potatoes. No need to stand near the stove, controlling the process. In the multicooker of any model there is a “Baking” function. With its help you can not only make a cake, but also bake potatoes.
Potato baked in a slow cooker: cooking details
- For roasting, it is better to take young potatoes. It does not have too much friability, so it will not fall apart.
- It is possible not to peel it, just wash it well with a brush under running water.
- Aged potatoes need to be cleaned, cut out all eyes, dark inclusions, tainted places.
- Potatoes for baking can be cut into cubes, shaybochkami or simply cut into 2-4 pieces.
- To prevent the slices from sticking to each other during baking, pre-rinse them with cold water, then place them on a towel and let them dry well. But note that with a long stay in the air, peeled potatoes darken.
- At the same time, put a small amount of potatoes in a single bowl in a single layer so that it will bake evenly. If you put a lot of potatoes, the slices in the middle will quickly become soft, while the upper ones will remain raw.
- With frequent stirring, the potatoes will not have time to fry, quickly become soft, lose shape.
- Stir potatoes every 15 minutes. In some recipes, potatoes are mixed just once - when the bottom side of the slices is fried.
- Salt the potatoes at the very end of the preparation, otherwise it will give juice, soften, a ruddy crust will not appear on it, and the slices will lose their shape.
- To add flavor, add your favorite spices and dried herbs to potatoes. Now on the shelves of stores there are specially selected mixtures of herbs that are suitable for potatoes. But you can use your spices, such as cumin, coriander, dill, hops-suneli, thyme, pepper, or dried garlic. Dried herbs can be added both at the beginning of preparation and in the middle. Put them when the potatoes are fully oiled. In this case, the chopped herbs stick to the tubers, and do not settle on the bottom of the bowl and will not burn.
Potato baked in a slow cooker
- potatoes - 0, 6 kg;
- vegetable oil - 70 g;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel potatoes of the same size, peel, wash, cut lengthwise into four pieces. Rinse with water again and dry.
- Pour vegetable oil into the bowl. Install the “Baking” program. When the oil is well heated, put the potatoes, mix. Close the lid.
- After 15 minutes, open the slow cooker, mix the potatoes. Bake another 15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper. Mix gently. Cook for another 5-10 minutes. Serve hot as the crispy potato becomes soft on the cooled potato.
Potato baked in a slow cooker: with herbs
- potatoes - 0, 6 kg;
- vegetable oil - 50 g;
- dried herbs (dill, basil, parsley) - 1 tsp;
- black pepper - pinch.
- Wash new potatoes of the same size with a brush. Cut into thick slices. Rinse again in cold water, dry, laying out on a paper towel.
- Fold in bowl. Pour oil, salt, sprinkle with pepper and dried herbs, mix well.
- Grease the bowl of the multicooker, heat it up by installing the “Baking” program. Put the prepared potatoes. Close the lid. Cook for 30-40 minutes. 15 minutes after the start of baking, gently mix the slices of potatoes so that the bottom layers are on top. Bake another 15 minutes. Check availability. Depending on the variety, potatoes may already be soft. Put it on a plate, sprinkle with fresh herbs.
Potato baked in a slow cooker: stuffed with garlic and greens
- medium potatoes - 7-8 pcs .;
- vegetable oil - 50 g;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- chopped dill - 2 tbsp. l .;
- ground black pepper.
- Peel smooth potato tubers, wash, dry with a paper towel.
- Make several deep cuts across the tuber, not reaching the bottom edge of 1-2 cm.
- Peel the garlic, rinse, skip through the garlic press. Mix with chopped greens. Carefully fill the incisions with a fragrant filling.
- Put the stuffed potatoes in the crock-pot, pour with vegetable oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir so that the tubers are coated with oil on all sides.
- Set Baking mode, lower the lid. Cooking time in different models of the multicooker varies from 40 to 50 minutes. After 20 minutes from the moment you turn on, open the lid, stir the potatoes. After the same period of time, mix the potatoes again. Check the readiness of the potatoes with a thin knife or toothpick.
- 2 minutes before the end of the cycle, open the lid, sprinkle the potatoes with the remaining greens, warm it.
Tip: in the same way you can bake potatoes with bacon, cutting it into thin slices and inserting it into cuts in potatoes. Such potatoes are well saturated with fat, it will turn out tasty and fragrant.
Potato baked in a slow cooker: with cheese and garlic
- potatoes - 0, 6 kg;
- cheese - 150 g;
- cream - 250 ml;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- butter - 50 g;
- nutmeg - pinch.
- Peel potatoes, wash, cut into thin circles. Rinse again with cold water to wash off the starch.
- Peel and chop the garlic.
- Rub the cheese on a medium grater.
- Grease a bowl of multicooker with plenty of butter. Sprinkle the bottom with garlic. Lay out half the potatoes. Sprinkle with spices. Put the second part of the potato. Pour the cream.
- Set the “Baking” function. Close the lid. After 30 minutes, open the slow cooker, pour the potatoes in grated cheese, lower the lid, bake for another 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped greens.
Potato baked in a slow cooker: with paprika
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- butter - 20 g;
- vegetable oil - 40 g;
- ground paprika - 1 tsp;
- black pepper to taste;
- Wash young potatoes with the peel, rubbing well with a brush. Cut lengthwise into four pieces. Put in a bowl. Sprinkle with vegetable oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Stir.
- Grease a bowl of butter cooker with butter, turn it on in baking mode so that the butter warms up well, but does not start boiling. Put the potatoes, mix. Close the lid, bake for 40 minutes.
- During cooking, stir the potatoes every 15 minutes with a special spatula. As soon as it is covered outside with a ruddy crust, and inside it becomes soft, place it on a plate, sprinkle with chopped greens.
Tip: for the same recipe, you can cook baked potatoes with cumin or other seasoning.
Mistress to note
When choosing this or that dish for cooking, remember that starchy potato varieties are quickly boiled soft. Therefore, crumbly potatoes will not work if you decide to bake it whole. For such a dish, take a dense potato or young.
Baked potatoes can be served with cheese, greens, fried onions, fresh tomatoes or cucumbers. Be sure to pour it with melted butter - from this it will become even more tasty and appetizing.