So the time has come for the national favorite - new potatoes. Do not miss the opportunity to cook from it a lot of delicious dishes, such as kebabs. Strung together on skewers with fragrant onions and baked in the oven with rosemary, the small golden halves of potato tubers and ask to mouth.
New potato skewers are the perfect complement to the picnic menu, and they will not be superfluous on the holiday table.
Cooking time: 40 min.
- potatoes (young) - 24 pcs .;
- onion - 2 heads;
- olive oil - 3 tbsp. l .;
- rosemary (needles) - 1 tbsp. l .;
- pounded black pepper - 1/2 tsp;
- salt to taste.
More will be needed:
- wooden sticks - 8 pcs.
- parchment sheet (by the size of the pan) - 1 pc.
Method of preparation
1. Before cooking, soak the wooden sticks in cold water.
2. Wash the potatoes thoroughly with a vegetable brush. Put the tubers in a saucepan, cover with cold water and put on the fire. When the water boils, salt and cook until tender. Since the potatoes are young, the cooking time will be from 10 to 15 minutes.
3. While the potatoes are boiling, clean and wash the onions.
Cool the prepared potatoes slightly and cut each tuber into 2 halves.
Onion cut in half, and then each half into 4 parts. Do the same with the second onion.
4. Heat the oven to 190 ° C.
On skewers alternately nanise halves of potatoes and onion slices.
5. In a bowl, mix olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
6. Place the skewers on a pan lined with parchment.
7. Using a pastry brush, brush the skewers with a mixture of butter and spices.
8. Bake the pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Do not forget to overturn the kebabs from time to time so that they acquire golden color from all sides.
Put ready-made kebabs from new potatoes onto a dish. Serve with fresh herbs, fresh or baked tomatoes. A great addition to this dish will also be olives, sun-dried tomatoes or tomato sauces.
Mistress of the note:
To prepare this dish, choose potatoes of the same size and without external damage.
The same kebabs can be baked on the fire, only metal skewers will be required.