The aroma of mushrooms few people can leave indifferent. And if they perform a duet with cream, they turn into a delicacy that can give a noble taste to almost any dish. Cream of mushroom sauce can be served with potatoes, pasta, chicken, any meat and even fish. Because of the versatility of this gravy and its excellent organoleptic qualities, it is among the dishes that any hostess should learn to make.
The process of making a sauce of mushrooms and cream can have a different degree of complexity, but still, even a novice hostess can make it according to most famous recipes. In order to avoid mistakes and get the expected result, she will need to know and take into account several important points.
- Mushrooms for sauce can be used any, each type will give it its own taste. It is only important to prepare the mushrooms according to their category. Boletus, chanterelles, champignons and oyster mushrooms do not need complex preparation, but other mushrooms will have to be boiled beforehand and sometimes even soaked for a certain time.
- Not only fresh mushrooms can be used to make the sauce. but also frozen, canned, dried. Frozen provide an opportunity to thaw in natural conditions, without a temperature drop, they drain water from them. Canned forest products need to be pre-washed and dried. Dried mushrooms are soaked for several hours, then washed and boiled, after which they can be used to make sauce or other dishes.
- Mushrooms are cut into sauce finely, otherwise mushrooms stewed in cream will appear instead of gravy. You can even chop the main ingredient with a blender or meat grinder.
- Onions are often added to mushroom sauces; it is able to emphasize and enhance the taste and aroma of mushrooms. It is necessary to cut onions for sauce as small as possible so that it almost does not feel in it, does not distract attention.
- If you want the sauce to be thicker, you can add flour or starch.
- If the technology of preparing a sauce for a selected recipe involves roasting ingredients, it is best to cook them in butter, not vegetable oil, although both options are permissible.
- When preparing a creamy sauce with mushrooms for a particular dish, add seasoning, vegetables, fresh herbs or other ingredients suitable for the main snack to it. For example, cooking gravy for fish, it does not hurt to add lemon juice or dry white wine. For pasta or meatballs well-creamy mushroom sauce with the addition of tomatoes. However, it is not worth putting a lot of spices in the mushroom sauce so that they do not interrupt the taste and aroma of the main ingredient.
There are many recipes for cream-based mushroom sauce. Cooking technology may have some differences. To save yourself from disappointment, it is worth adhering to the recommendations accompanying a specific recipe.
Delicate cream sauce of white mushrooms or champignons
- fresh or frozen mushrooms (white or champignons) - 150 g;
- cream with fat content of 10% - 0, 25 l;
- onions - 100 g;
- butter - 100 g;
- water - 120 ml;
- fresh dill - 30 g;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
- Clean the mushrooms, wash, cut into small cubes. It is not worth to shred much, because later the products will be crushed with a blender.
- Free the onions from the peel, cut it into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, put the onion in it, fry it for a few minutes, until it begins to brown.
- Add the mushrooms, fry them until the excess liquid evaporates from the saucepan.
- Salt, pepper mushrooms, cover them with cream. Extinguish 10 minutes.
- Add finely chopped dill, stew mushrooms with onions for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the skillet to the jug of the blender and perebeyte until homogeneity.
- Return the sauce to the skillet, bring to a boil and boil to the desired thickness.
The sauce prepared according to this recipe can be considered universal. It goes well with meat and poultry dishes, spaghetti and potatoes.
Thick gravy of dried mushrooms with cream
- dried porcini mushrooms - 20 g;
- cream (low-fat) - 0, 2 l;
- flour - 20 g;
- butter - 40 g;
- salt, seasonings - to taste;
- water - how much will leave.
- Put the dried mushrooms in a bowl, cover with cool water. Leave them for 6-8 hours to soak up the water and return the original volume.
- Wash swollen mushrooms, put in a pan, cover with clean water.
- Put the pan on the stove, bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, removing the foam protruding on the surface.
- Add salt, reduce heat, continue cooking for 15-20 minutes.
- Throw the mushrooms in a colander, let them dry a little. Grind them with a blender or grinder.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter. Lightly brown the flour in it.
- Beating the contents of the skillet with a whisk, enter the cream. Boil the sauce until it starts to thicken.
- Put the mushrooms into the sauce, add salt and season to taste. Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove the gravy from the fire.
Mushroom sauce cooked in cream can be served with meatballs, meatballs and similar products from meat, chicken and even fish mince.
Creamy mushroom sauce for pasta
- fresh champignons - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- drinking cream - 0, 5 l;
- hard cheese - 100 g;
- wheat flour - 20 g;
- refined vegetable oil - how much will go;
- salt, seasonings - to taste.
- Wash mushrooms and blot with a napkin. Cut into small cubes.
- Free the onion from the husk and also cut it very finely.
- Heat oil in a saucepan, put onions and mushrooms in it. Fry them until the liquid evolved from the mushrooms is evaporated.
- Sprinkle mushrooms with onion flour. Stir.
- Pour in the cream while stirring the contents of the saucepan to prevent the formation of flour lumps.
- Wait until the contents of the saucepan begin to boil. Cook the sauce for 5 minutes.
- Finely rub the cheese, pour it into the saucepan, mix the contents well and immediately remove the container from the fire.
Mushroom sauce with cream and cheese will be the perfect complement to spaghetti, but it can be served with other pasta.
Mushroom Fish Sauce with Cream
- champignons - 0, 25 kg;
- cream with fat content of 20% - 0, 2-0, 25 l;
- dry white wine - 100-120 ml;
- onions - 150 g;
- butter or olive oil - to taste;
- salt, black pepper powder - to taste.
- Prepare the mushrooms by washing them, dried and finely chopped.
- Remove the husks from the bulbs, cut the vegetables into small pieces.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, put the onion in it, simmer it until it becomes transparent.
- Add mushrooms to onions. Fry them until there is almost no extra liquid in the pan.
- Pour wine into mushrooms. Extinguish them in it for 4-5 minutes, until the alcohol smell disappears.
- Add cream. Stew mushrooms in them for 5 minutes after the sauce boils.
The sauce prepared according to this recipe goes well with fish dishes. It can also be served with chicken breast.
Cream mushroom sauce is a versatile gravy that will give a noble touch and seductive flavor to any dish. There are quite a lot of his recipes; when choosing a creamy sauce from mushrooms, you should be guided by what kind of snack it will be served.