White sauce is among the most basic and universal. In one form or another it can be found in different cuisines of the world. It is made on the basis of broth, milk, cream or sour cream, often with the addition of butter, wine, vegetables, herbs, spices, mushrooms. To give it a thicker consistency, use flour. White sauce is served to meat, poultry, fish as a gravy or separately. Typically, this seasoning is prepared for a particular dish, adding to it exactly the spices and vegetables that go well with the main course. Garlic, ginger, fried onions and peppers, mushrooms, as well as curry seasoning and paprika are often put in white chicken sauce. There are quite a few variants of this type of liquid seasoning suitable for chicken appetizers, so every gourmet will be able to choose a sauce recipe, the taste of which will fully correspond to its gastronomic preferences.
The technology of cooking white sauce may have differences. In order to avoid mistakes and get the expected result, you must adhere to the recommendations accompanying a particular recipe. However, according to most recipes, this version of chicken seasoning is made according to general principles. Knowing and considering them, even a novice cook can count on a successful solution of the problem.
- Dairy products are most commonly used to make a white sauce. The taste and even the appearance of the finished seasoning directly depends on their freshness and quality. You should not try to use the sour milk that started to make the sauce - it will roll. If you use sour cream made with thickeners, the result is unpredictable.
- Sauce flour must be sieved. This will allow not only to rid it of small litter and insect larvae, but also to avoid the formation of lumps when it is combined with liquid components.
- Experienced cooks note that the risk of the formation of flour lumps is significantly reduced if the flour is pre-fry in a dry frying pan or in butter, and the liquid is used cold. Liquid (milk, cream and broth) is injected in a thin stream, simultaneously whipping it with a whisk.
- If the formation of flour lumps could not be avoided, the sauce would have to be drained, and only then be served on the table or combined with other components. Sometimes the sauce has to be rubbed through a sieve, even if there are no lumps of flour in it. This is done so that it does not come across pieces of vegetables or mushrooms, that is, to give the gravy a smoother consistency.
- The chicken sauce recipe is selected taking into account which part of the bird the main course is made from. Fat gravy from cream or sour cream is more suitable for chicken breast dishes, sauce made from milk or broth can be served to poultry wings or legs.
- Spices and herbs that make up the chicken are suitable for white sauce. These are usually turmeric, paprika, rosemary, basil, parsley, cilantro, hot red pepper, garlic and ginger. If in doubt, you can use complex seasonings for chicken.
White sauce is usually served hot. If necessary, it can be heated in a microwave or on a very slow fire. However, it is not recommended to do this repeatedly, since such manipulations have a negative effect on the organoleptic properties of the finished seasoning. White chicken sauce is cooked in moderation immediately before serving the dish. Having at least small culinary skills, the hostess will cope with this task quickly and easily.
White sauce on milk for chicken
- milk with fat content of 2, 5% - 0, 5 l;
- butter - 100 g;
- flour - 70 g;
- salt, spices for chicken - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- In a skillet, melt the butter.
- Sift flour, pour into a saucepan.
- While stirring the flour with a spatula, fry it to a caramel color.
- Pour milk into a saucepan in a thin stream, whipping whisk its contents with a whisk.
- Add salt and spices, stir with a whisk.
- Cook the sauce over a low heat, stirring slowly, until it begins to thicken.
- Strain the seasoning if necessary and pour it into the sauceboat.
The sauce is served warm to the chicken. It is quite fat, but for lean meat, chicken breast and this is needed. If you are preparing a seasoning for the legs or wings, the amount of oil can be reduced by one and a half times.
White chicken broth sauce
- butter - 40 g;
- wheat flour - 40 g;
- onions - 50 g;
- paprika, salt - to taste;
- chicken broth - 0, 5 l.
Method of preparation:
- Peel onion, finely chop.
- Broth, straining, for some time, clean in the refrigerator.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, put the onion in it. Cook it until it is transparent.
- Sprinkle onions with sifted flour, stir.
- Whip the contents of the saucepan with a whisk, pour the broth into it in a thin stream.
- Bring the broth to a boil while stirring.
- Cool the sauce slightly and strain it by rubbing the onion slices through a sieve.
- Mix the sauce with the paprika and salt. You can add missed through a press or dried garlic, spicy herbs.
- Stir the sauce and heat it in a saucepan for a few minutes.
Chicken broth in this recipe can be replaced by vegetable, the sauce as a result will still get tasty and suitable to chicken dishes.
White chicken sauce for chicken
- fresh champignons - 0, 2 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- refined vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- cream with fat content of 20% - 0, 2 l;
- salt, seasoning for chicken - to taste.
Method of preparation:
- Wash and dry the mushrooms with a napkin. Cut them into small cubes. It is not necessary to shallow much, because later the products will still be turned into a homogeneous mass using a blender.
- Onion, freeing from the husk, chop with a knife.
- Heat the oil in a pan, put the onion in it. Fry it until it gets a golden hue.
- Add mushrooms to onions. Fry the food on low heat until the liquid released from the mushrooms when heated in the pan almost never remains.
- Put the onions and mushrooms in a bowl, add salt, season and mix.
- When the onion-mushroom mixture has cooled slightly, transfer it to the blender tank, add 100 ml of cream to it. Turn on the device and turn the contents of its jug into a homogeneous mixture.
- Dissolve the resulting mass with the remaining cream and heat in a saucepan.
The sauce prepared according to this recipe can be used hot instead of gravy, or served separately to the chicken as it is cooled. If you use sour cream instead of cream, the sauce will also be delicious.
Chicken cream sauce with cheese and mustard
- Dijon mustard - 40 ml;
- cream - 100 ml;
- hard cheese - 100 g.
Method of preparation:
- Finely grate the cheese.
- Mustard dilute cream.
- Heat the mixture over low heat.
- When the cream begins to boil, put the cheese in them and, while stirring, wait for the cheese to melt.
The sauce prepared for chicken with cheese must be used hot, otherwise it will thicken greatly.
White sauce can be very different. Most of its options are good for chicken.