One of the easy-to-cook dishes that are often made in kindergartens, school canteens, and home cooking is meatballs. Small meat balls with fragrant gravy like both adults and children. They are combined with a variety of side dishes, especially if you choose the right sauce for meatballs. Liquid seasoning to them is prepared from tomato paste, sour cream, often with the addition of mushrooms, vegetables, and spicy herbs. Among the many recipes it is difficult not to find a suitable one.
Difficulties in cooking sauce for meatballs will not arise even from a novice chef, but the advice of experienced chefs will help to make the sauce especially tasty.
- For meatballs sauces with a slight acidity are best suited. Most often, they are made from tomato paste, sour cream, or a mixture of these.
- You should not take fat sour cream for the sauce, it will increase the calorie content of the dish, and the meatballs themselves are nourishing.
- Vegetables are added to make the sauce thick and juicy. If they are pre-fry, the sauce will be tastier, but calorie.
- The sauce will turn out to be more fragrant if we include dried herbs and fresh herbs in its composition. Some recipes include the addition of citrus juice and their zest. This also gives the gravy a pleasant smell.
- It is a good idea to add mushrooms to the sauce for meatballs, they will not only make it tastier, but also give the dish a seductive flavor.
- If you want your meatballs to be tender and juicy, soaked with sauce and its aroma, you need to put them out. To save the appetizing crust, meatballs are fried separately, and the sauce is prepared separately, using later as a gravy.
- To make the sauce spicy, you can put pickled cucumbers, peppers, garlic in it. These ingredients should be added last, when the sauce is almost ready.
When choosing a sauce recipe for meatballs, consider which side dish they will be served with. Any of the varieties of sour cream sauce will work well with vegetables; it is better to make tomato seasoning with rice or pasta.
Tomato sauce for meatballs
- broth or water - 0, 75 l;
- tomato paste - 40 ml;
- sour cream - 40 ml;
- sugar - 20 g;
- flour - 35 g;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml;
- onions - 100 g;
- salt, spices - to taste.
- Peel the onions, cut into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet, fry in it until golden brown onions.
- Reduce heat, sprinkle flour onion, fry, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix tomato paste with sour cream, dilute with water or broth.
- Gradually introduce the resulting liquid, whipping the contents of the saucepan with a whisk so that no lumps form.
- Salt, season to taste. Extinguish 5 minutes.
In a tomato sauce prepared according to this recipe, you can stew the meatballs in a saucepan or in the oven. If you want to serve the sauce separately, it is worth making a little more thick, reducing the amount of water or broth by one and a half times.
Sour cream sauce with vegetables
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- sweet pepper - 100 g;
- vegetable oil - 40 g;
- flour - 20 g;
- vegetable broth or water - 0, 25 l;
- sour cream - 0, 3 l;
- Provencal herbs, salt, pepper mixture - to taste.
- Remove onions from the onions. Cut it into small cubes.
- Peel the carrots. Cut it into thin strips or rub it with a grating intended for the preparation of Korean salads.
- Remove seeds from pepper. Cut the flesh into thin straws or quarter rings.
- Dilute sour cream with broth or water. If you are not preparing the sauce to serve it separately or water the meatballs before serving, but to put out the meat balls in it, you can take twice as much water or broth. For baking meatballs in the oven, the consistency of the sauce does not need to be changed.
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan, put the onion in it, fry until soft.
- Add carrots and peppers, fry them for 5-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour, fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the sour-cream sauce in portions, whipping the contents of the pan with a whisk. Let the sauce thicken after boiling for a few minutes and remove from the stove.
The sauce looks bright and appetizing. It can be made less calorie if the vegetables are not browned in oil in the first stage, and slightly dampened in water, fry the flour separately in a dry frying pan, then add sour cream diluted with water to it, cook until thick, and then combine the vegetables with sauce.
Mushroom sauce for meatballs
- fresh champignons - 0, 4 kg;
- sour cream - 0.5 l;
- onions - 0, 2 kg;
- flour - 20 g;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave;
- salt, seasonings - to taste.
- Wash mushrooms, dry with a towel, cut into plates.
- Heat the oil in the pan, put the champignons in it, fry until the liquid released from the mushrooms evaporates.
- Peel and dice the onions, fry it in a separate frying pan until soft.
- Add the mushrooms to the onion, mix, fry the products together for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and continue to fry until golden.
- Add sour cream, mix. Bring to a boil, extinguish 5 minutes.
- Beat the sauce with a blender, at the same time grinding up the ingredients that make up it.
You can sprinkle sauce with meatballs before serving or serve it separately. If necessary, the sauce can be heated - it will be less tasty when cooled. If you want to give the seasoning a creamy taste, instead of vegetable oil for roasting mushrooms and onions, you should use cream.
Delicate Milk Sauce for Meatballs
- milk - 0, 25 l;
- butter - 50 g;
- flour - 20 g;
- dry white wine - 20 ml;
- fresh greens - 100 g;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Finely chop the greens with a knife.
- In a frying pan, melt butter, fry in it until golden brown flour.
- Pour in the milk, whipping the sauce so that there are no lumps. If their formation could not be avoided, wipe the sauce through a sieve and return to the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Pour in wine, mix.
- After a couple of minutes, add the greens, continue cooking the seasoning, stirring for 2-3 minutes.
The sauce can be used as a sauce or for baking meatballs in the oven. Do not be afraid to offer it to children: the alcohol from the gravy during its preparation will completely evaporate, it will not harm the health of children. The mission of the wine is to give the sauce a pleasant sourness.
Hot Sauce for Meatballs with Orange Juice
- orange - 0, 2 kg;
- tomato ketchup - 50 ml;
- Tabasco sauce - 3-4 drops;
- soy sauce - 40 ml;
- Dijon mustard - 40 ml;
- apple cider vinegar (6 percent) - 40 ml;
- starch - 30 g;
- sugar (preferably brown) - 40 g.
- Wash and dry the orange. Use a citrus juicer to squeeze the juice out of it. Rub the zest with one half of the fruit.
- Dissolve starch in orange juice, add sugar and apple cider vinegar.
- Heat over low heat, stirring slowly, until sugar and starch are completely dissolved.
- In a separate container, mix ketchup, mustard, soy sauce.
- Connect with the first part of the sauce, warm it up.
- When the sauce begins to boil, add tabasco and zest, mix.
- Boil sauce for 2-3 minutes, stirring, remove from heat.
The sauce, made according to the above recipe, has a sweet and sour taste, is spicy. Serve it to the meatballs should be separately. It is advisable to cool the sauce before serving.
The sauce for meatballs can be completely different. Some variants of seasoning are intended to extinguish meat products in them, others are used as gravy or served separately chilled. Any hostess can make the sauce if she follows the instructions accompanying the selected recipe.