In the summer, sweet chilli peppers are inexpensive, but in the winter, prices for it increase several times. People who love this vegetable, have to limit its use in food. Meanwhile, this product is very useful. For example, the content of vitamin C in it is higher than in lemons or cabbage. It is not surprising that experienced housewives seek to close as much as possible canned food with this useful vegetable. One of the popular blanks is the Bulgarian pepper in Korean, which even an inexperienced cook can make for the winter.
Pepper contains natural substances, thanks to which it is well stored even at room temperature, if it is not prevented during preservation. In this case, heat treatment requires a minimum for it, as a result of which it is often possible to cook salads with it without sterilization. This allows you to save a maximum of useful substances contained in this vegetable, and at the same time significantly facilitates the work of the hostess. However, if you violate the rules of conservation, the result may be deplorable.
- To make Korean-style snacks, you need to choose strong and unspoiled fruits. It is better if they are of different colors, then the salad will look brighter and more appetizing.
- Try to minimize the time of intensive heat treatment of Bulgarian pepper, since vitamin C, which is rich in this vegetable, is destroyed under the influence of high temperatures. However, it is impossible to completely abandon the heat treatment, otherwise the snack can be stored only in the refrigerator, and even for a short time (up to 3 months).
- The taste of Korean snacks is given to vegetables by a certain set of spices, which necessarily includes different types of ground peppers and coriander. It may also include nutmeg, turmeric, cloves, dried garlic. Fresh garlic is also included in the composition of the salad. The cook can choose the ratio of dry seasonings according to his taste, but if the experience of cooking Korean snacks is small, it is better to trust the proportions recommended in the recipe or purchase a ready-made mixture of seasonings for Korean carrots.
- Korean pepper jars should be washed with soda and sterilized. The lids are also sterilized by boiling. Plastic covers for blanks for the winter are allowed to be used only when stored in the refrigerator. If banks with snacks will be in the room, they must be closed with metal lids, ensuring tightness.
- Cool down canned food left upside down under a blanket. In such conditions, there is an additional preservation, which favorably affects the safety of household preparations.
Bulgarian pepper in Korean can be closed for the winter in a monovariant, but it is often supplemented with other vegetables. Its final taste depends on the composition and method of cooking.
Korean Pepper whole winter
Composition (2 liters);
- Bulgarian pepper - 1, 5 kg;
- salt - 40 g;
- sugar - 40 g;
- water - 0, 25 l;
- ground coriander - 5 g;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 125 ml;
- garlic - 10 cloves.
Method of preparation:
- Wash peppers. Cut the stalks from the fruits and remove them with the seeds, wash them inside so that there are no seeds left. Pat dry with a napkin.
- Pass the garlic through the press. Mix it with coriander, salt and sugar. Rub the peppers inside with the resulting mixture. Leave for 5 hours in a cool place.
- The juice formed during this time is drained into a saucepan, add water to it.
- Sterilize the jars and their lids.
- Place the pepper in the jars as tightly as possible (you can even insert the fruit into one another).
- Boil the brine. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in vinegar, boil for another minute and remove from heat.
- Fill the peppers with the marinade. If it is not enough, add a little boiling water to the jars.
- Roll up the cans, turn them over, cover them with a blanket.
After the snack cans have cooled down, you can put them in the pantry or any other place where supplies are usually kept in your home for the winter.
Pepper in Korean pieces for the winter
Composition (2 liters):
- Bulgarian pepper - 3 kg;
- water - 1 l;
- hot peppers - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 2-4 cloves;
- sugar - 0, 3 kg;
- salt - 40 g;
- seasoning for Korean carrots - 15 g;
- vegetable oil - 0, 2 l;
- table vinegar (9 percent) - 0, 2 l.
Method of preparation:
- Prepare the Bulgarian pepper by washing it out, clearing seeds from it, cutting each pod into 6-8 parts so that you get long strips. Hot pepper is enough to wash.
- Boil water, add salt and sugar into it, wait for them to dissolve.
- Dip a pod of hot pepper in boiling water, pour in oil and vinegar, add seasoning. Wait until marinade boils.
- Put strips of sweet pepper in marinade. Cook them in the marinade for 5 minutes.
- Put garlic cloves in pre-sterilized jars.
- Remove hot pepper from the pan - it is no longer needed.
- Fill the prepared jars with slices of sweet pepper.
- Fill with hot marinade.
- Cork the cans, turn over. Leave to cool under a blanket.
The pepper in this recipe is sweet and sour, with a spicy note and has a characteristic Korean flavor.
Korean pepper with carrots
Composition (1 l):
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 8 kg;
- carrots - 0, 2 kg;
- water - 0, 3 l;
- garlic - 4 cloves;
- coriander - 5 g;
- a mixture of peppers - 5 g;
- apple cider vinegar (6 percent) - 70 ml;
- vegetable oil - 50 ml;
- salt - 10 g;
- sugar - 50 g.
Method of preparation:
- Clean the carrots, rub on a special grater.
- Pepper, cleared of seeds, cut into strips.
- Finely chop the garlic.
- Fold the vegetables into a saucepan, sprinkle with salt, sugar, seasonings. Stir. Leave for 30-60 minutes.
- Boil water, pour boiling water over vegetables and set on low heat. Cook 2 minutes after boiling.
- Spread the peppers and carrots over the prepared jars.
- Add oil and vinegar to the brine, boil for about a minute, pour the appetizer.
- Hermetically close the jars, leave to cool in a steam bath.
Pepper marinated in Korean with carrots, even in appearance resembles Korean salads familiar to everyone. Special storage conditions appetizer does not require.
Bulgarian pepper in Korean can be closed for the winter with several recipes, each of which is good in its own way. The advantage of the snack is the possibility of its preservation without sterilization in banks.