Turkey is famous for its delicate white meat with a minimal amount of fat. It practically does not cause allergic reactions, it is easily digested, therefore it is often included in the children's and dietary menu. Turkey is boiled, stewed, fried, baked.
When baking in the oven, you need to constantly monitor the process, pouring the turkey with the released juice, otherwise you can get dry, overdone meat. In a multicooker, this will not happen, because the condensate that collects under the lid will not allow the top layer to dry, and the bottom layer to burn.
In different models of multivarcs for this type of heat treatment, “Baking” mode is provided. In models with a large number of programs, the turkey is baked by setting the “Baking” mode.
The turkey is a rather big bird, so it is cut into pieces beforehand. You can bake both fillets and meat on the bone, for example, shank or wings. Even white meat of the breast, which, if improperly prepared, turns out to be dry, will come out in a slow cooker tender and juicy.
It is recommended to marinate the turkey before baking. For the marinade use the same ingredients as for pickling chicken. Excellent result is obtained when roasting turkey, pre-seasoned in mayonnaise, sour cream, a mixture of mayonnaise and ketchup.
To get meat with oriental notes, turkey is marinated in soy sauce, honey, lemon juice with the addition of herbs and seasonings. For example, such as ginger, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, curry.
To give the turkey flavor of the game, it is flavored with thyme, rosemary, marjoram, tarragon. Turkey roasting time is 1-1,5 hours. It all depends on the age of the carcass, the size of the pieces, the preliminary preparation of meat (marinating).
Unlike the oven, in which the meat is covered with a crust of gold on all sides, only the lower part of the product is fried in a slow cooker. Therefore, in the middle of the process, you need to turn the pieces of meat so that the upper side also becomes rosy.
With a high power of the multicooker, the products in it are quickly roasted. In this case, a little broth, sauce or water should be poured into the bowl. First, the liquid will not let the meat burn. And secondly, there will be a lot of steam inside the multicooker throughout the process, which will positively affect the quality of the meat.
Turkey baked in a slow cooker with mustard
- turkey fillet - 700-800 g;
- finished mustard - 1 tbsp. l .;
- water - approximately 50 ml;
- ground coriander - 5 g;
- sunflower oil - 20 g.
- Wash the turkey fillets, blot them thoroughly with a paper towel. Mix salt, coriander and pepper in a cup. Rub meat with spicy mixture on all sides, brush with mustard. Refrigerate for three hours.
- Pour oil into the bowl, heat it by setting the “Baking” program. Put the meat. Fry until light crust, turn over to the other side. Pour hot water. Close the lid. Cook until beep.
- Turn the fillet over to the other side. Turn on the stove again, setting the same mode. Bake the turkey for a total of 1-1, 2 hours.
- Serve with any side dish.
Tip: if you intend to eat a baked turkey in a cold form, remove it from a multicooker, wrap it in food film or transfer it to another saucepan, cover with a lid and cool in this form. Otherwise, the hot meat in the open air cools, but at the same time it dries and becomes covered with an unappetizing hard crust.
Turkey baked in a slow cooker with soy sauce and honey
- turkey wings - 4 pcs .;
- soy sauce - 1 tbsp. l .;
- honey - 1 tsp;
- sunflower oil - 2 tbsp. l .;
- ginger - pinch;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- lemon juice - 25 ml.
- Wash turkey wings, cut to the first fold. Wipe dry.
- In a bowl, mix honey, soy sauce, lemon juice, salt, ginger, chopped garlic and one spoonful of butter.
- Coat the wings with this marinade, cover them with film, put them in the refrigerator for several hours. During this time they will need to be mixed twice.
- Pour oil into the bowl, put the wings together with the remaining marinade. Close the lid. Turn on the Baking program. Cook 40 minutes.
- Turn over to the other side, turn on the slow cooker again. Bake on the same program for another 30 minutes. Serve with a salad of fresh vegetables or any side dish.
Tip: if you want the meat turned out with the sauce, 15 minutes before the end of roasting, pour in some broth or hot water. But in this case, put in the marinade quite a bit of salt, otherwise the sauce due to soy sauce may be oversalted.
Turkey, baked in a slow cooker with potatoes
- turkey fillet - 600 g;
- potatoes - 700 g;
- onions - 200 g;
- sunflower oil - 30 g;
- cumin - pinch;
- seasoning for chicken - 1 tsp.
- Wash and dry the turkey fillets with a paper towel. Sprinkle with chicken seasoning, rub it into the meat. Leave to pickle for 2 hours.
- Cut the potatoes into large slices, chop the onion with broad strips.
- Pour oil into the bowl of the multicooker, heat it in frying mode. Put the meat. Lightly fry without closing the unit with a lid.
- Turn over to the other side. Put the potatoes. Pour in 100 ml of water. Sprinkle with cumin, lightly salt. Cover the bow. Sprinkle with oil.
- Lower the cap. Turn on Baking mode. Cook until beep.
Tip: if your multicooker has more power and you are worried that the turkey will burn, in the middle of cooking, check the crust on the underside of the meat. If necessary, rake the potatoes and gently turn the meat on the other side.
Turkey baked in a slow cooker in foil
- turkey fillet - 600 g;
- paprika - 5 g;
- ground black pepper - pinch;
- sunflower oil - 10 g;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- a mixture of herbs to taste - 5 g.
- Wash turkey fillets, blot with paper towel.
- In a bowl, mix the paprika, chopped garlic, pepper, salt and sunflower oil. Let the mixture stand for about half an hour. Spread it fillets from all sides. Put in the fridge for a few hours.
- Place two sheets of foil in a crisscross pattern. Place the fillet in the middle with the remaining marinade. Close up tight in envelope.
- Cover the bottom of the bowl with parchment so as not to accidentally damage the coating. On it, lay the meat in foil. Close the lid. Turn on Baking mode. Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool in foil, unfold. Cut thin plastics.
Mistress to note
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in roasting a turkey in a slow cooker. It is only necessary to choose the right spices that would be combined with this tender meat.
If you want to get very soft meat with a brown crust, first put it out on the “Quenching” program in a small amount of broth or sauce, and then bake by setting the “Baking” mode.
But you can do the opposite. First bake the meat, then add a little sauce, add a little.