Rice and prunes are excellent friends in both sweet and salty dishes. Of these, you can cook porridge, casseroles, pilaf and many, many things. Rice with prunes can be stuffed chicken or goose, the mixture is rolled into rolls, used in a variety of desserts. Looking for an interesting recipe?
Rice with prunes - general principles of cooking
Rice is always carefully washed to get rid of excess starch. The grass loves it. Sometimes rice is poured with warm or cold water, allowed to swell for 15-30 minutes. Then the excess liquid is drained, the cereal is sent to boil. The amount of fluid depends on the recipe. In the pilaf add the rate strictly according to the recipe. If rice is needed for casserole, then you can boil the grass in a large amount of water, then pour the excess into a colander.
Prunes for dishes are washed, often pre-soaked, then cut. If raisins are also used in the dish, the pieces should be the same size. Sometimes prunes lay entirely. For pilaf, dried fruits are fried in oil, then rice, spices are added to them, water or broth is poured in.
Sweet rice with prunes and raisins
Variant of sweet porridge from rice with prunes and raisins, which is perfect for breakfast or snack. Instead of honey, you can add sugar to taste.
• 200 grams of rice;
• 50 g of prunes;
• 50 g raisins;
• 50 g of honey;
• 40 g butter;
1. Pour raisins and prunes into bowls, pour hot on the side. Water Leave dried fruit for swelling.
2. Put the saucepan with water (1.5 liters) on the stove, salting the liquid. After boiling add rice. Cook until soft, but do not allow the spread of grain.
3. Pour the rice into a colander.
4. Heat up a slice of butter in a frying pan.
5. Put the rice, start to warm up. Two minutes is enough.
6. We cut the prunes into pieces, simply remove the raisins from the water. Add dried fruits to rice, warm for another minute. 7. Add honey, quickly stir until dissolved and turn off. For the aroma, you can add a small pinch of vanilla.
8. Serve such porridge can be either hot or cold. In any case, it turns out tasty and nutritious.
Rice with prunes in the oven (with chicken)
The recipe for a full-fledged rice dish with prunes in the oven, which does not need a side dish or meat additive. Chicken fillet is used.
• 500 g fillets;
• 400 grams of rice;
• 1 carrot;
• 1 onion;
• garlic head;
• 100 g of prunes;
• 40 g of ghee.
From spices you will need turmeric, salt, black pepper, barberry dry.
1. Wash the rice several times, fill it with warm salted water, set aside.
2. Cut the onions and carrots into strips, fry in melted butter.
3. Cut chicken fillet into cubes, add to vegetables.
4. Fry everything for a couple of minutes, turn it off.
5. We shift the vegetables with chicken in a baking dish.
6. We wash prunes, cut into halves, sprinkle a layer on top.
7. Add a little dry barberry, scatter garlic cloves.
8. Drain the water from the rice, which is not absorbed, lay out the grits on top.
9. In the water add a little salt and other spices, pour the form. Water should cover 2 cm rice.
10. Cover the form with foil, set in the oven for 45 minutes. The dish is cooked at 180.
11. Take out, remove the foil, mix. In the process, remove the whole cloves of garlic from the dish.
12. Arrange the dish in a plate, serve with pickles, fresh vegetables, decorate with greens.
Rice casserole with prunes in the oven
The recipe is very tender, tasty and sweet casserole of rice with prunes. The dish is perfect for dessert or snack.
• 100 grams of rice;
• 300 ml of milk;
• 200 g of prunes;
• 80 g sugar;
• 10 g of oil.
1. Rice should be thoroughly washed, sifted, boiled in milk until tender. Get porridge. Cool, add 1 spoon of sugar, beat with a blender.
2. In another saucepan, boil the prunes in a small amount of water. Drain all the liquid in a bowl, dried fruit and grind. 3. We grease one or several small molds with oil. You can use silicone. On request, sprinkle with ground breadcrumbs or semolina. In this case, the casserole will have an appetizing crust.
4. Spread rice paste and prunes in layers. We alternate an arbitrary number of times, finish with rice.
5. Put a piece of butter on top, set to bake for 15 minutes.
6. Mix 100 ml of prunes decoction with the remaining sugar, boil until dissolved, cool.
7. We get the casserole from the molds on a plate, served with plum sauce.
Rice with prunes, raisins and dried apricots
A variant of sweet pilaf, which is very simple and easy to prepare. The dish especially will appeal to children. Instead of ordinary butter, you can use ghee. The taste will be no less interesting.
• a glass of rice;
• 70 g of prunes;
• 70 g raisins;
• 50 g dried apricots;
• 50 g butter;
• 1 s. l Sahara.
1. Pour rice with water. Leave for 20 minutes.
2. We wash the dried apricots and prunes, cut the dried fruits into slices, the size of one raisin or slightly larger.
3. Raisin simply wash and squeeze.
4. Melt the butter in a skillet or in a cauldron. Spread dried fruits, fry for five minutes.
5. Drain the water from the rice, transfer the cereal to the dried fruit in the oil.
6. Add 3 cups of hot water and a spoonful of sugar, stir.
7. Cook the pilaf under the lid for 20 minutes.
8. We wrap the cauldron in a blanket, insist another 15-30 minutes.
Rice with prunes and apples in the oven
The recipe is simple and quick casserole, which can be built from the remnants of rice, fresh and dried fruit.
• 2 cups boiled rice;
• 50 g of prunes;
• 1-2 apples;
• 3 spoons of crackers;
• 50 g of oil;
• 1 egg;
• 100 g sugar.
1. We heat up the oven, put in the oven 200 degrees.
2. Fill the prunes for 5 minutes with hot water.
3. Rice pour into a bowl, add sugar.
4. We grease the form with a piece of oil, sprinkle it thickly with croutons.
5. We clean the apple, cut the pieces and shift them into the bowl too. 6. Add the raw egg.
7. We take out the prunes from the water, cut them arbitrarily (you can lay them all), we shift them to the other products of the dish.
8. Mix everything thoroughly, put it in a mold.
9. The oil that remains after smearing the form, you need to melt, pour the dish on top.
10. We send baked in the oven. Preparing a sweet dish will be 15-20 minutes.
11. We take out, give the casserole to get stronger, then cut it with a spatula or a knife, put it on plates, served with jam, condensed milk, sour cream.
Bukhara rice pilaf with prunes and raisins
A variant of tasty pilaf without meat in Bukhara style. It is recommended to use long basmati rice.
• 2 bulbs;
• 2 carrots;
• a handful of prunes;
• a handful of raisins;
• 1 tsp. spices for pilaf;
• 1 cup rice;
• 50 g of oil;
• laurel, garlic.
1. Soak dried fruits together or separately, it does not matter. The main thing is to thoroughly wash them.
2. Onion cut into half rings, chop carrots into strips.
3. In the cauldron pour oil, heat up. We shift the vegetables, fry.
4. Add the pressed raisins, followed by prunes.
5. Sprinkle spices for pilaf, salt.
6. Wash rice several times. Ideally, the water changes 7 times, in which case the pilaf will turn out to be correct. We shift the rice to vegetables and fruits.
7. Stir, level.
8. Stick a few cloves of garlic.
9. Pour boiling water at the rate of 2 parts of liquid to 1 part of rice. From above we throw a bay leaf.
10. Close the cauldron with a lid, cook pilaf for 20 minutes over low heat, then infuse for another 30 minutes. Cover all this time can not be lifted.
Stuffed chicken rice with prunes in the oven
Option meat dishes stuffed with prune chicken. Rice is better to use long, it will get tastier and more beautiful.
• 1 chicken up to 2 kg;
• 1 cup boiled rice;
• 150 g prunes;
• 1 tsp. spices for chicken;
• 40 g butter;
• 3 tablespoons of soy sauce;
• 1 spoon of mayonnaise.
1. Mix soy sauce with mayonnaise and seasonings for chicken. You can take a different blend of spices to your taste. 2. Wash the chicken carcass outside and inside. Wipe with paper towels to get rid of water droplets. Otherwise, the marinade will be difficult to penetrate into the fabric.
3. Rub the carcass with cooked sauce on all sides, you can optionally add salt.
4. Pull off the skin on the breast, shove the pieces of butter.
5. If time allows, put the chicken in the bag, leave it to pickle.
6. Mix the chopped prunes with boiled rice, salt and pepper, if desired, add a sliced apple or quince, it will also be delicious.
7. Fill the inside of the chicken with rice mixture, sew the belly, or simply tie together the legs, which will not allow the filling to fall out.
8. Put the chicken in the oven. Cooking an hour at 180 degrees.
Rice with prunes - tips and tricks
• Rice will taste better if you add a piece of butter during cooking or add a little vegetable oil.
• For cooking rice it is better to use a pot with a thick bottom and always with a tight lid. The grass will be much tastier.
• To get crumbly rice, salt it at the very end of cooking.
• Soak dried fruit can be in hot water, but not in boiling water. Otherwise, the top layer will become loose, will be separated, and spoil the look of the dish.
• For cooking loose rice, use 2 parts of water. But this does not work if the croup is pre-soaked and saturated with moisture. In this case, less liquid is needed. If there are a lot of dried fruits in the dish that are not soaked, then you will need more water.