Pilaf is a national dish of Uzbek cuisine. Traditionally, pilaf is cooked with beef, but chicken can also be used as meat filling. The dish will be less high-calorie and budget, but the taste will not suffer from this.
Chicken pilaf can be called a quick dish. The main cooking time is spent on preparing food, cleaning vegetables and frying meat. And then you just need to throw everything in one cauldron, pour hot water and extinguish! Spices in pilaf always add to your own taste. This may be simple salt and ground pepper, and may be turmeric, saffron, barberry, zira, or a special blend of spices for pilaf, which often also includes dried garlic.
Chicken Pilaf (Step-by-Step Recipe) - General Cooking Principles
For pilaf, you can take any parts of the chicken. Meat must be washed and slightly dried. First of all, in the cauldron roasted chicken to rosy color.
Fry together with the chicken to immediately all the vegetables. Only then you can add dried fruits and spices.
You can take any rice, but it is better if it is long grain. Flush it is not necessary. Rice is laid out on top of vegetables and meat in an even layer. Shuffle is not in any way impossible. From above, boiled water pours in a thin stream. It should be taller than two fingers of rice, thus covering it completely. The fire at the same time put at the very minimum.
For pilaf, garlic does not need to be cleaned. The head should be washed only well, removed the top layer of scales and dried. Before you put the cauldron on the fire, you need to stick a large garlic head directly into the center of the pilaf.
Garlic plays a major role in eating pilaf. Plov is laid out on a large common dish, in the center of which garlic heads stewed in it are placed. Everyone who takes part in the meal, take as much garlic as you need. Peel it from thin skin and eat soft and fragrant garlic straight by hand.
Chicken and vegetables pilaf: a step-by-step recipe
• 150 g chicken breast fillet;
• 50 g onion;
• 50 g carrots;
• 40 g parsley;
• 20 g zucchini (or zucchini);
• 200 g of steamed rice;
• 40 ml of vegetable oil;
• 10 g of barberry;
• 5-7 g saffron or turmeric;
• salt to taste;
• to taste ground pepper.
1. To cook chicken pilau using a step-by-step recipe, you must first prepare all the vegetables. Onions clean the scales and wash in water.
2. In carrots, remove the skin by a housekeeper or a small knife. Rinse with water.
3. Peel zucchini skin. If you use young zucchini, you can not clean the skin.
4. Onions, carrots and zucchini cut into thin strips with a sharp knife and cutting board.
5. Rinse the chicken breast fillet in cold water, then dry with paper towels.
6. Cut the meat into strips.
7. Pour vegetable oil into cauldron.
8. Put the cauldron on moderate fire burners.
9. When the oil warms up, lay out the pieces of meat.
10. Pour a mixture of sliced vegetables on the meat.
11. Do not touch the cauldron, until the liquid released from the products evaporates.
12. Then fry the products to a ruddy hue. Make sure the bow does not start to burn.
13. Add to the barberry chicken. You can take fresh or dried.
14. In the meantime, set the water to warm up in the kettle.
15. When the water boils, pour in a small bowl about 20 ml of water.
16. Pour saffron into this water, mix it and leave to stand aside for the time being. This mixture will be needed almost at the end of cooking pilau with chicken.
17. The remaining water in the kettle will soon be needed, we do not remove it far.
18. Fill meat and vegetables with salt and pepper.
19. Mix the contents of the pot.
20. Pour out into the cauldron rice. Do not wash it! It is very important!
21. Stir the billet for pilaf is also not necessary. Meat must be below. So it is well drained and will be soft and juicy.
22. Pour hot water from the kettle there so that the rice is covered with it and another 3-4 cm above. 23. Level the rice, but do not mix it.
24. Cover with a lid and reduce the fire to a small one.
25. Water in the swim should boil a little.
26. Stew pilaf with the lid closed for about 20-25 minutes.
27. In the meantime, you can prepare greens for pilaf with chicken. Step by step recipe parsley, sorting and rinse with water.
28. Then we dry the greens in the air and chop finely.
29. After that, open the lid of the cauldron and pour there a fresh mixture of saffron and water.
30. Stir gently to knead rice.
31. Put the pilaf on the dish and sprinkle with parsley.
Chicken and raisin pilaf: a step-by-step recipe
• 150 grams of chicken meat;
• 200 g steamed rice cereals;
• one onion;
• one head of garlic;
• 60 g of seedless raisins;
• salt to taste;
• 15 g ready-made spices for pilaf;
• 40 ml of vegetable oil.
1. Rinse chicken meat in water, remove all unnecessary.
2. Drain a little.
3. Cut into small pieces.
4. At garlic, cut the bottom and remove the first layers of dry husk.
5. Then rinse the garlic in water and until set aside.
6. Onion head cleaned and washed.
7. Then finely chop the onion into cubes.
8. Pour vegetable oil into a tall saucepan or thick-bottomed pot.
9. We put on a moderate fire.
10. Put the sliced chicken and onions in the heated butter.
11. Fry until ruddy color.
12. Raise the raisins in a bowl with warm water and wash with hands.
13. Then take the raisins out of the bowl and lay out on a paper napkin to dry.
14. Stir fried meat.
15. Add raisins to it.
16. Then fall asleep unwashed rice.
17. Using a spatula or spoon, smooth the rice so that it covers the meat in a uniform layer. The chicken should be at the bottom and the rice at the top.
18. Fill with salt and spices.
19. Fill the rice with hot water meat 3 cm above the cereal.
20. In the center of the rice with the meat drown the head of garlic.
21. Close the pilaf lid.
22. Turn down the heat so that the pilaf is stewed at the minimum boil. 23. Stew to evaporate all liquid. At this time, do not open the lid and in no case do not mix rice.
24. When the broth is evaporated, chicken pilaf with chicken is ready for use. Step-by-step recipe ends with folding rice on a dish, where in the center a head of garlic stewed in a pilaf is laid out.
Chicken and Dried Fruit Pilaf: A Step-by-Step Recipe
• 3-4 chicken legs or 2 chicken legs;
• one head of onion;
• a few cloves of garlic;
• 50 g of pitted prunes;
• 50 g dried apricots without stones;
• 300 g of long-grain rice cereal;
• 10 g of turmeric or saffron;
• 10 g ready-made spices for pilaf;
• 30 ml of vegetable oil.
1. Wash chicken legs in water. If chicken legs are used, each of them should be cut into two pieces along the joint in the middle.
2. Dab dry a little with a paper towel to remove excess moisture.
3. Pour vegetable oil into the pan.
4. We put it on fire.
5. When the surface of the pan heats up, lay the chicken legs on it for frying. Periodically stir the meat.
6. While the legs are roasting, we are engaged in vegetables. Garlic cloves rinsed in water. The skin does not remove.
7. Rinse the onion and clean off the scales.
8. Cut the onion into small cubes. First, you should cut the head in half, then thin along the fibers, and then you need to chop across the fibers.
9. Returning to the pan. Stir again the chicken legs with a spatula.
10. Add to them onions. Pour ready-made spices for pilaf there. We interfere with all using the scapula.
11. In a separate bowl, soak dried apricots and prunes in hot water for 5-10 minutes.
12. Roasted chicken legs together with onions are placed in a pan for cooking pilau.
13. Dried fruits are taken out of the bowl and washed in clean water. You can do this under running tap water.
14. Then we put the dried apricots and prunes on a cutting board and cut them into strips. If the dried fruits are small, you can not cut them, and use whole. 15. Put the dried fruits on the chicken legs in the pan. Leveling.
16. Pour rice there.
17. Spread with a spatula so that rice evenly covers the legs and dried fruits.
18. We stick in rice about garlic cloves about half. They have to hang around.
19. Mix hot water with turmeric or saffron. Add salt and pepper to taste. Gently pour hot water and spices into the pan. Water should be 2-3 cm above the rest of the products.
20. Put the pan on a slow fire.
21. Stew with the lid closed. It is not necessary to interfere with the pilaf.
22. When the broth is evaporated, remove the pilaf from the stove. With the help of two forks gently all interfere from the bottom up.
23. Laying the dish on the plates, try to garlic cloves were at the top.
Chicken Pilaf (step-by-step recipe) - Tricks and tips
• Raisins, if desired, can be replaced with small pitted grapes.
• To prevent the carrot from boiling over during cooking, you can pre-sprinkle it with lemon juice and sprinkle with sugar.
• For cooking pilau, it is better to use cast iron cookware.
• Cooking pilau is better in corn or vegetable oil.
• Spices can be added at once ready, but it is better to buy them specially separately.
• If all the water is evaporated during cooking and the rice is not ready yet, you can add a little more boiled water with a little salt.
• All above-presented step-by-step recipes of pilaf with chicken can be prepared in a slow cooker by turning on the corresponding mode.