The classic fricassee in cream sauce is made on the basis of chicken, veal or rabbit. Interesting dish options are made with chicken, goat meat or poultry liver. Many restaurants offer visitors this dish of pork, lamb and even pigeon meat. In simple words, fricassee is a meat stew in a white cream sauce. The sauce is traditionally prepared white based on cream and wheat flour. For serving fricassee is suitable for any vegetable or cereal side dish.
Fricassee in a creamy sauce - general principles of cooking
The meat is pre-washed, all excess is removed, dried and cut into portions.
Before cooking the fricassee, the meat can be marinated. Rub the pieces with a mixture of salt and herbs. Pour over citrus juice and leave for half an hour. Before stewing meat, always fry for a golden crust over high heat. This is important for the peculiar taste of fricassee and for the effective presentation of the finished dish. Stew on low heat. The cooking time depends on the age of the meat used.
Garnish in fricassee can be cooked separately or with meat. A more advantageous option is considered when the garnish is stewed with meat in a sauce. Mostly served fricassee with rice. But also fit: buckwheat or pasta.
If rice is chosen as a supplement to fricassee, there are two ways to cook it. The first - cook separately and rinse, warm in butter in a frying pan. The second is to put a handful or two steamed rice in the half-cooked fricassee. Do not rinse the rice, otherwise it will stick together and will be porridge. Just fill and cover the dish. Stew until ready grits.
Breaded fricassee in cream sauce
· Half a kilo of chicken;
· 150 ml of cream;
· 50 grams of wheat flour;
· 40 ml of sunflower oil;
· Pinch of ground pepper; · Salt
1. Rinse the chicken with water. Cut into portions. If possible, remove excess rough skin. Fat leave.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the salt and milled pepper. Grate the chicken pieces with a mixture and roll them in flour.
3. Warm up a pan with sunflower oil and fry the chicken on it. On the pieces should appear roasted kohler.
4. Lightly heat the cream separately. Salt and pepper. Pour into chicken frying pan.
5. Turn down the heat. Simmer the dish for 15-20 minutes until thick. Cover the cover.
6. Once the dish is ready, close the lid and infuse for a few more minutes.
Fricassee in a creamy sauce with vegetables
· A pound of chicken thighs;
· 100 ml of boiled water or broth (chicken or vegetable);
· 2-3 cloves of garlic;
· One head of onion;
· One sweet pepper;
· A bunch of fresh dill;
· 20 g of wheat flour;
· 1 tbsp. l butter;
· 20 ml of sunflower oil;
· Half a cup of cream;
· salt pepper.
1. Prepare all the vegetables. Rinse and peel the garlic, onions and sweet peppers. Cut into large slices. Sort out the dill and soak it in a cup of cool water. Then dry and finely chop.
2. Rinse the chicken thighs. Remove the skin, it will not be needed. Slightly dry the meat from moisture. Because of the excess water, the pieces will slide on the cutting board and shoot strongly during frying.
3. Heat frying pan with butter and sunflower oil. Send the chicken pieces to it to fry.
4. When the chicken is covered with a uniform golden color, pour the heated broth (or water) to it and add the vegetables. Cover and reduce heat. Stew a quarter of an hour.
5. Mix the cool cream with flour, salt and season with pepper. Pour the mixture to the chicken and vegetables. Simmer another 10-15 minutes.
6. Serve the fricassee in a creamy sauce to the table with chopped dill.
Fricassee in a creamy sauce with mushrooms
· One chicken; · 200 g of champignons;
· One carrot;
· Onion head;
· 50 g wheat flour;
· 40 ml of liquid oil;
· Half a glass of cream (10-20%);
· Two quail eggs;
· salt pepper.
1. Clean the champignons from dirt and rinse in water. Cut into slices, but not finely.
2. Rinse and peel the onions and carrots. Cut into thin slices or straws.
3. Chop the chicken into small pieces. Rinse them in cold water, dry. Pannoy in flour and fry in butter until a light blush. The fire must be strong, and the pan is not covered with a lid.
4. Then put the vegetables and mushrooms to the meat. Simmer over low heat, constantly stirring with a spatula, for a quarter of an hour.
5. Separately mix the cream with salt and pepper. Break the quail eggs there. If desired, you can take two yolks from chicken eggs instead.
6. Pour the creamy mixture of meat and simmer until cooked. That is, about 15 more minutes.
7. After a while, turn off the stove fire and leave the dish closed for a few more minutes. After that, lay the meat in a sauce on the plates.
Fricassee in a creamy sauce in the oven
· One chicken;
· Onion head;
· Garlic head;
· 100 g dry porcini mushrooms;
· A glass of cream;
· 2-3 g milled mixture of chili peppers;
· Salt to taste;
· 20 ml of fruit liqueur;
· 50 g of hard cheese;
· 50 ml of sunflower oil;
· 20 g butter.
1. Rinse the chicken in running water and lightly dry it with a paper towel. Cut into portions of the bird joints. Cut off the skin of meat and excess fat. Dry with paper sheets if necessary.
2. Onion and garlic free from husk and rinse. Cut into small crumb.
3. Grind dry mushrooms in a blender to a crumbly structure.
4. Mix the butter and sunflower oil in a pan. In this mixture, fry the chicken pieces on both sides until crispy crust. Fire while doing strong.
5. Transfer the chicken pieces to a small baking tray. 6. Put onion and garlic in the pan. Add dry mushrooms. Slightly roast and send to the chicken. Try to distribute evenly.
7. Sprinkle with salt and ground chili pepper. Instead of chili, you can take any other pepper. It is permissible to use a special mill with a set of peppers or seasoning for poultry.
8. Stir the cream with the fruit liqueur. Pour into a pan with chicken.
9. Send the baking tray to a hot oven at 180 ° C for 40-50 minutes.
10. Pull the pan out for a while. Hard cheese chop on a grater. Sprinkle them a dish. Cook another 10 minutes in the oven before browning the cheese.
Fricassee in a creamy rabbit sauce
· A pound of rabbit meat;
· 10 g of mustard;
· Half a glass of dry white wine;
· 2-3 g ground pepper;
· Salt to taste;
· Half cup of low fat cream;
· 40-50 g of wheat flour;
· 50 ml of sunflower oil;
· Two onions;
· Pinch of dry ginger;
· A pinch of ground nutmeg.
1. Rinse the carcass of the rabbit and chop it into portions. Slightly dry with a napkin or towel. The same recipe can be applied to goat meat. Spread pieces of meat with table mustard and leave to marinate for half an hour.
2. Clean and wash onion heads in water. Cut into half rings.
3. Heat a high saucepan or duck over high heat. Pour in the liquid oil and put the rabbit pieces. Fry so that a crispy color appears over the entire surface of the meat.
4. Reduce heat to low. Sprinkle the meat with flour and mix. Pour white wine. Cover with a layer of chopped onions. Cover and let stew for about 15-20 minutes.
5. Mix cream with salt and pepper. Add ginger and nutmeg. If desired, add to the sauce to taste the mixture of fragrant herbs. Pour into a saucepan and close the lid again.
6. Simmer the dish for another half hour. Sometimes mix pieces of meat.
7. Put the finished meat on a plate next to the side dish. Pour the remaining sauce from the sauce. Serve hot with your favorite side dish.
Fricassee in turkey liver cream sauce
· A pound of turkey liver;
· 1 tsp. dry garlic;
· 3 tsp. dry onions or head fresh;
· 150 ml of 20% cream;
· 2 tbsp. l wheat flour;
· Salt to taste;
· 10 g of butter;
· 10 ml of sunflower oil.
1. Wash turkey liver. A little dry. Cut each piece into two halves. Make incisions obliquely.
2. Put the flour in the plate and parry the whole liver. Try to breadcake covered the entire surface of the pieces.
3. In a skillet, mix the butter and sunflower oil. Heat and quickly fry pieces of the liver on it. Now for the main dish ruddy crust.
4. Reduce heat and add dry onion seasonings to the saucepan. You can use fresh vegetables, then cut them into small cubes. Stir.
5. Pour the cream into a bowl. Enter the flour diluted with water and salt.
6. Connect the creamy dressing to the liver. Close the saucepan with the lid and simmer for about 10-15 minutes after boiling.
Fricassee in a creamy sauce - tricks and useful tips
· Meat for cooking fricassee is better to take tender young.
· You can pickle meat for cooking fricassee according to your own taste.
· So that the meat is well pre-cooked, it is better to send it into the pan in parts. Otherwise, it will immediately begin to stew.
· It is better to take cream for sauce with fat content not less than 20%.
· To make the meat in the dish softer, add a teaspoon of table mustard to the cream sauce. Also suitable tomato paste.
· For a more spectacular taste and for softening the meat, you can add dry white wine to the sauce.