Pork liver pate - general cooking principles
If you are on a diet, and at the same time can not imagine your life without meat, then you will be helped by offal. The most useful is the liver. The liver can be cooked in any way - fry, boil, stew. Try making liver pate. Those pies that we used to buy in the store, do not go to any comparison with a homemade dish.
Pork liver pate - preparation of products and dishes
The liver before preparation needs to be prepared - to wash, remove films from it, and then to cut. In addition, you will need vegetables, chicken eggs, milk or cream. By varying the amount of these products, you can make the paste thicker or pasty.
How to cook pate? Most often it is made in the oven, but we also consider the option of cooking this dish without baking.
Recipes for pork liver pate:
Recipe 1: Pork liver pate
Such a pate is not spread on bread, but cut into slices and is used in pure form or with a side dish. This is the kind of pate served in France and Italy.
- 400 grams of liver
- 150 grams of meat (pulp)
- 170 grams of bacon or bacon
- Onions 2 pieces
- Carrot 1 piece
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 100 ml of cream
- Seasonings to taste.
- First, boil the liver - put it in boiling water for five to six minutes, after clearing the films.
- Peel the vegetables, then skip and chop through a meat grinder or blender.
- Grind cooled liver and meat.
- Stir vegetables, meat with liver, milk and egg.
- Cut the bacon into thin slices and lay out the form in which you will prepare the pate.
- Spread the prepared mass on top of the bacon. Bake pate for about one hour at 200 degrees.
- Without pulling the finished pate, turn it over on a plate, press it down with something heavy, so that the liquid flows out. Leave it for 5-6 hours in the refrigerator, then you can serve.
Recipe 2: Classic pork liver pate
This is a recipe for a classic spread, which is tasty both in the form of a sandwich and in its pure form. It is very easy to prepare pate, and most importantly - quickly, since baking is not required in this recipe.
- 540 grams of liver
- 1 large carrot
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 170 ml of cream
- Peel the vegetables and chop them with a knife.
- Clean the liver of the film and wash.
- Put all the ingredients in a saucepan, and fry for about 7 minutes. After that, pour them with cream and simmer under the lid closed for about 20 minutes.
- Drain the liquid if it remains, cool the mass and grind it with a blender. Cool the pate in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours and serve.
Recipe 3: Pork liver pate with a heart
Surely, you know that the liver can be combined in one dish with the heart. Why not try out such a “mix” in the creation of pate? Try it, it will be delicious!
- 420 grams of pork liver
- 1 pork heart
- 1 carrot
- 1 bulb onion
- Chicken Egg 2 pieces
- Boil the liver and heart in boiling salted water - you need to cook for about 15 minutes in different containers, having previously cleared the films.
- Peel and chop the vegetables into smaller pieces.
- In a blender, chop chilled offal and vegetables, then transfer the resulting mass to a silicone container and send to the oven for twenty-five minutes. Roasting temperature is two hundred degrees.
Recipe 4: Pork liver pate with cheese
Another cooking option with Italian notes is to add mushrooms to beef liver pâtés and get a tasty spread for breakfast or lunch sandwiches!
- 420 grams of beef liver
- Beef tongue 1 piece
- 200 grams of champignons
- 1 carrot
- 1 bulb onion
- Parsley fresh
- Cream 80 ml
- Place boiled beef tongue - it takes about 50 minutes by the time. After the product has cooled, remove the skin.
- Cut the washed liver into pieces.
- Mushrooms also need to be washed and cut. From the bow, remove the husk, chop it. Wash carrots and grate.
- Fry the liver with onions and carrots in the pan for about 15 minutes, then pour the cream over the mixture and cover with a lid. Remove from heat and cool.
- In the blender bowl, mix the mushrooms, parsley, beef tongue and liver with vegetables.
- Put the resulting mass in the form and bake in the oven for twenty minutes at a temperature of one hundred and eighty degrees.
Pork liver pate - tips from top chefs
- Mexican beef liver pate - with red cayenne pepper. This version of the folk is great as a spread for dry bread as a snack for beer.
- If it seems to you that the hepatic mass is too rare, add a spoon or two flours to the ingredients.
- Beef liver pate can also be cooked in a slow cooker, though it will be different, more solid in consistency. Such a pate is served in France and is not smeared on bread, but cut into slices. The cooking mode is “General”, the time is 30 minutes, the temperature is 100-120 degrees.
- To add some flavor to the pate, you can add grated cheese to it before baking.
- The additive in the form of vegetables will help to make the taste of pate less saturated. Use carrots, cauliflower or broccoli. If you want to get a calorie and nourishing meal, you will be “helped” by pork, beef, brisket or bacon.
- How to store pate if you cooked it a little more than you can eat at one time? Spread cling film on the table, smear it with pate, then roll up the roll and put it in the fridge.