When they want to make the most delicious buns, pies and pies, they often make pastry dough for them. Butter is considered to be due to the presence of a large amount of muffin, that is, products, which include fats, as well as eggs and sugar. They make the dough tender, tasty, sweet and expensive. Sweet dough requires not only significant material, but time-consuming, as it is put on the lees and because of the high content of fats and eggs, which slow down the raising, is prepared exclusively by sponge. It can take half a day to make such a dough. It is no coincidence that the pastry products are considered to be festive. These include kulebyaka, royal cheesecake, cake. If the hostess wants to please loved ones with similar baked goods, she will have to learn how to prepare yeast dough.
The process of making pastry can not be called simple and fast. It requires at least a small culinary skills and knowledge of many nuances. The slightest violation of the kneading dough technology can lead to a sad result: it will not rise, food and time will be wasted, and guests and household will be left without the promised treat.
- It is inexpedient to save on flour when preparing products from sweet dough. Baking from a low-grade flour is less appetizing in appearance than from a premium product, and can have an unpleasant aftertaste.
- Flour must be sieved before cooking any kind of dough. This is done not only in order to clean it from small litter and insect larvae. The main task is to saturate the flour with oxygen. After sifting, it becomes loose, mixes easily with liquid products without the formation of lumps. Experienced cooks sift flour for pastry twice.
- A starter is prepared before kneading dough. To do this, some of the liquid product that forms the basis of the dough is mixed with yeast and a small amount of sugar. After 10-15 minutes, a foam cap is formed on the surface of the prepared mixture, indicating that the yeast is working. The lack of reaction indicates the low quality of the yeast, kneading dough on them does not make sense - you waste products. It is necessary to replace the yeast and prepare a new leaven based on them.
- The dough, which contains a lot of fat, rises hard. Prepare yeast pastry in the straight way, you are unlikely to succeed, unless you put in it a huge amount of sugar and yeast. The traditional technology of mixing pastry involves the preparation of sponge. To do this, milk or water is mixed with sourdough, sugar and part of the flour, resulting in a mass that looks like sour cream in consistency. It is called a boil. They put her in a warm place and wait for her to come, that is, to rise, increasing in volume by 2-2, 5 times, and begin to fall. At this stage, add the remaining products and knead the pastry.
- Products used to make pastry should be warm (35 to 40 degrees). If you use hot foods, they will kill the yeast - the dough will not rise. At low temperatures, yeasts are not activated.
- To feed the yeast, a significant amount of sugar is always added to the pastry.
- Eggs are a desirable but not necessary ingredient for pastry dough. Some cooks refuse to use them so that the dough rises faster. If you knead the dough on the water, eliminating the eggs from the composition and replacing butter with margarine, you can make lean pastries with a pleasant taste.
Buns and pies formed from pastry are not sent to the oven right away. They are given time to separate, usually it takes 20-30 minutes. After that, they are smeared with egg or tea, if the pastry is lean, and sent to a preheated oven. The cooking time for pies and bagels is from 15 to 30 minutes, the cakes are baked twice as long.
Sweet dough on milk and dry yeast margarine
- wheat flour of the highest grade - 0, 5 kg;
- margarine - 75 g;
- sugar - 120 g;
- milk - 0, 2 l;
- chicken egg - 3 pcs .;
- dry yeast - 10-12 g;
- salt - a large shchip.
- Heat the milk to 35-39 degrees, add 40 g of sugar and dry yeast into it, mix. Dry ingredients should be dissolved. Wait 10-15 minutes to ensure that the yeast is activated. This will be evidenced by the foam on the surface of the milk.
- Add the remaining sugar to the starter, mix to dissolve. Pour a glass of flour, stir until smooth. The dough should get the consistency of thick cream. If it turns out to be too liquid or thick, adjust its density by adding a little more flour or warm milk.
- Wait for the dough to rise.
- Melt margarine in a water bath or in a microwave, trying not to let it boil. Wait until it cools to the temperature of the human body.
- Break eggs into a bowl, add salt to them, pound with a whisk.
- Add the cooled margarine to the eggs, mix. Combine the mixture with brew.
- Gradually add the remaining flour and stir, prepare a dense and not sticky hands to the dough.
- Roll it into a ball, cover with a wet towel and leave for an hour in a warm place.
After the specified time has passed, the dough can be kneaded and proceeded to form a cake or cakes from it - it suits them best. It is also possible to bake cheesecakes, bagels, pastries and other tasty products.
Sweet dough for cake on milk with butter
- wheat flour of the highest grade - 0, 6 kg;
- milk (preferably melted) - 0, 25 l;
- butter - 100 g;
- pressed yeast - 50 g;
- sugar - 180 g;
- chicken egg - 4 pcs .;
- olive or refined sunflower oil - 40 ml;
- vanilla sugar - 10 g;
- raisins - to taste.
- Mash the yeast, cover with milk warmed to 36-38 degrees, add 40 g of sugar, mix. Wait 10 minutes for the appropriate reaction.
- Add another 2 tablespoons of sugar to feed the yeast.
- Prepare the dough by adding sifted flour to the liquid mixture in small portions. The consistency of the opara should resemble the village sour cream.
- Wait until the sponge fits.
- Break eggs into a bowl, add to them the remaining sugar, including vanilla.
- Melt the butter in a water bath or on very low heat, cool, pour in to the egg mass, stir.
- Connect the prepared liquid mixture with the brew.
- While adding flour, knead the dough.
- Mix the raisins with a small amount of flour so that it is better distributed in the dough. Add it with vegetable oil to the dough, mix well.
- Spread the dough into oiled forms, filling them in half. Leave it warm for an hour.
After that, only baked cakes will remain. For the same recipe, you can make delicious buns with raisins, but for them the dough needs to be made more dense, for this it is advisable to reduce the number of eggs to 2-3 pieces. Sugar and yeast can also be taken one and a half times less.
Sweet dough on margarine without eggs
- wheat flour - 0, 8-0, 9 kg;
- water or milk - 0.5 l;
- margarine - 125 g;
- sugar - 120 g;
- dry yeast - 15 g;
- salt - 5-10 g.
- Boil water, cool it to 40 degrees, add yeast and a tablespoon of sugar into it, wait until foam cap appears.
- Add the remaining water or warm milk, salt and the remaining sugar. Stir to dissolve the dry ingredients.
- Pouring the sifted flour into the liquid mixture, prepare the dough, its consistency resembling thick sour cream. Leave it in a warm place for raising.
- Melt the butter, not allowing it to boil. This can be done over low heat, but experienced chefs prefer to melt the oil in a water bath.
- When the oil is warm, add it to the liquid base, mix.
- In parts, enter the remaining flour.
- Stir the dough with a spoon or spatula until it becomes hard to do.
- Put the dough on the working surface of the table, after having sprinkled it with flour, and knead with your hands until ready. The finished dough will be soft, but not sticky.
- Grease a bowl of vegetable oil, put the dough in it, cover with cling film. Leave at room temperature for an hour or a half.
- When the dough volume doubles, carefully transfer it to the refrigerator and leave it for 4-6 hours.
The pastry made according to this recipe is so soft that it is impossible to make buns and cakes from it when it is warm. They need to sculpt, until the dough has not had time to heat up. Formed products are left at room temperature for 1, 5-2 hours and only then baked. The dough for this recipe is suitable for making lean dishes. The only drawback of it is that buns and pies from it quickly harden. If you are cooking for a small company, the amount of ingredients should be halved.
Sweet dough allows you to cook a lush pastry with a pleasant taste. She is often prepared for the holiday. The process of making pastry is not simple and quick, but the result is worth the effort.