Everyone knows that red fish is very healthy. It contains a rich composition of substances that positively affect the activity of the human body. Scientists have conducted a series of studies of the effects of red fish on health, and they came to the conclusion that this product reduces the risk of developing hypertension, improves brain activity, and helps in reducing excess weight. In addition, red fish has a relaxing and soothing effect.
To red fish was not only tasty, but also useful, it is better to use it in a salty form. It doesn’t matter if you pickle the fish yourself or buy ready-made fish, you need to keep it right. Otherwise, the delicacy will spoil, and you will not be able to enjoy it.
Duration of storage of salted red fish
Red fish in factory pickling, placed in an airtight vacuum packing, can stay fresh for 45 days at a temperature of −8 to −4 degrees. If the temperature ranges from 0 to +6 degrees, seafood will be edible for a month. But all these terms are relevant only under the condition that the integrity of the package is not broken. Opened fish must be consumed within 24 hours. Also note that if the fish was stored in the refrigeration equipment, it can not be stored in the freezer, as the temperature difference will adversely affect its quality.
If you salt the fish yourself, it can be stored in a saline solution - so it can lie in the refrigerator for up to a month. With a weak concentration of the solution, the product will not deteriorate for about 7 days, with an average - 15 days, with a strong - 30 days. An important nuance: the fish should initially be salted in a solution of the required concentration. Also, fish can be stored in vegetable oil - this method helps to extend the freshness of the product up to 30 days. Do not store salted red fish at room temperature. The maximum allowable time of the fish in such conditions is no more than 2 hours, after which the product begins to lose its freshness and becomes dangerous to eat.
By resorting to freezing, you can increase the shelf life of red salted fish to six months. But it is recommended to resort to this method of storage only as a last resort, since freezing the product will lead to the loss of its taste properties. In addition, freezing greatly reduces the amount of nutrients contained in fish, that is, it, in addition to taste, loses its benefits. It is advisable to freeze highly salted fish.
Storage options for salted red fish
Method number 1
- With salted fish, remove the pelt.
- The remaining fish fillets, cut into pieces, put in a glass container so that it lay a dense layer.
- Then fill the dishes with vegetable oil. Oil must necessarily cover the fish completely.
- Cover the container with the red salted fish with a plastic lid or tighten it with cling film and send it to the refrigerator in a safe place. The temperature at the fish storage should not exceed 5 degrees.
Method number 2
- Wrap the salted carcass of red fish with a cloth, moistening it with vinegar.
- Wrap the fish wrapped in cloth and wrap it with cling film or place it in a tight-fitting bag. Thus, the fish remains fresh for 10 days.
Method number 3
- Cut the fish into pieces. It is desirable that they were large enough.
- After that, it is necessary to remove all excess moisture from the surface of the red fish. To do this, you can use paper napkins or kitchen towels.
- Wrap each piece in cling film and place it in a hermetically sealed bag. In this form, send the fish into the freezer.
After freezing, salted fish must be thawed on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator. If you leave the product at room temperature, it will lose taste and texture. For this reason, it is necessary to avoid heat exposure when thawing red fish.
Using the methods described, it is easy to save salted red fish and not be afraid that such an amazingly tasty and healthy product will become worthless before it is eaten.