In winter, you want to feel the taste and smell of summer. Therefore, in the summer, it is necessary to procure a maximum of beneficial vitamins in order to obtain nutrients in large quantities in cold weather.
In June, the season of canning fruits and berries has already arrived, and you can also start harvesting sorrel.
For the preparation of sorrel for the winter will need:
- sorrel - 500 g.
Stages of preparation and conservation of sorrel
1. Sorrel plucked from the garden must be sorted out. Selected sorrel should be washed from dust and dirt. For canning you need young leaves.
2. Then the legs of the leaves should be trimmed.
3. In the next step, it is necessary to chop the sorrel leaves into strips up to 1 cm thick.
4. Sorrel is ready and it can be tightly stacked in cans. It is more convenient to use cans of half-liter volume, such amount of sorrel is enough for one portion of borscht. From this amount of sorrel, you get 2 banks.
5. Then you need to prepare the marinade. Boiled water will act as a marinade.
6. Pour hot boiling water into cans with sorrel to the top. Over time, the sorrel in banks will decrease in size.
7. Banks are covered with sealers and sterilized. To do this, set the banks in hot water in a water bath. The water in the top pan should cover the maximum with a sorrel. After some time, the water in which the bank is located should boil. Sterilize the jar for 15 minutes.
8. After sterilization has ended, we immediately roll up the jar of sorrel.
9. Turned the finished preservation in cans and place them on the covers. Then we cover with warm clothes and leave the jars until they cool down completely.
10. Sorrel, prepared in this way, retains all its useful vitamins.
Banks with harvested sorrel must be stored in the cellar, in the “cold”.
Canned sorrel is great for making appetizing and healthy green borscht.