The winter diet is poor in vegetables. You can buy potatoes, carrots, onions, beets and cabbage. And the rest of the vegetables is not everyone can afford. Therefore, the mistress at the end of the summer begin to make stocks. They canned tomatoes and cucumbers, pickled cabbage, pickled mushrooms. One of the favorite blanks for the winter is lecho.
The composition of the classic lecho includes peppers, tomatoes, garlic or onions. Its taste is slightly sweet because of the pepper, tomatoes give it a sour taste, and garlic adds a light savory spicy touch.
In addition to this lecho, there are many more of its varieties. There is a variety of this dish with carrots, apples, zucchini, eggplant. Eggplant appetizer is a favorite among many.
- The principle of cooking eggplant lecho does not differ from the way it is made from pepper and tomato. But in this appetizer add more spices in the form of garlic, onion, dill, black pepper, bay leaf.
- Virtually all recipes have vinegar. It acts as a preservative, and also adds lecho acid, since eggplant is an unleavened vegetable and the appetizer does not have such an expressive taste without acid.
- Vegetables for eggplant treat must be ripe, without signs of spoilage and disease. Tomatoes should be fleshy, Bulgarian pepper - sweet and juicy.
- Particular attention should be paid to the selection of eggplants. They should be young, not reaching physiological ripeness: small, with thin skin and almost without seeds.
- The fact is that eggplants contain solanine M (melongen), which in large quantities is a strong poison. In eggplants, the proportion of this substance increases with the maturation of the fruit. You can learn about the presence of solanine by a specific bitter taste, as well as by changing the color of the pulp at the cut. If the pulp of the eggplant in the cut after a few minutes remains light, then the solanine in such a vegetable is absent and the fruit can be safely used to make lecho and other dishes.
- Eggplants, which have darkened when sliced, should be sprinkled with salt and left for some time under the yoke. After a few minutes, the eggplants will give juice, and with the salty liquid, bitterness will also go away. But in this case, less salt is put into lecho.
- Banks and lids for lecho must be sterilized. If all the vegetables and spices are well cooked, then they are laid out in jars and then sealed, and then carefully wrapped in a blanket. As such, they can retain heat for up to 24 hours. At this time, pasteurization of the product takes place inside the cans.
Eggplant Lecho with Ground Paprika for the Winter
- eggplants - 1 kg;
- red tomatoes - 0, 5 kg;
- Bulgarian sweet pepper - 0, 5 kg;
- garlic - 5 cloves;
- bulb onion - 2 pcs .;
- ground paprika - 1 tsp;
- salt - 1 tsp;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- Vinegar 5 percent - 2 tbsp. l
- Prepare in advance sterile jars with lids. At the time of pouring lecho they must be completely dry, otherwise water droplets can provoke souring products.
- Wash ripe tomatoes, cut the stalk. Grind tomatoes in a blender or in a meat grinder.
- Pepper wash, cut in half, clean from seeds. Cut along slices or large pieces.
- Eggplant wash, cut the stem. Cut into cubes or cut lengthwise into two halves and cut into wide slices.
- Clean onions from peels, cut into half rings. Chop the garlic with a knife or pass through a cooking press.
- Pour oil into a thick-walled pot or cauldron, heat it up. Put onions and passe until soft. Pour in tomato paste. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Put pepper, salt, paprika and sugar. When the mass boils again, add chopped eggplants and garlic. With a moderate boil boil lecho for about half an hour. 5 minutes before the end of cooking, pour vinegar. Stir.
- Spread the ready lecho in banks. Immediately seal with sterile caps. Turn the cans upside down, wrap a blanket. Leave for a day until cool.
Eggplant with carrots for the winter
- tomatoes - 1 kg;
- eggplants - 2 kg;
- Bulgarian red pepper - 0, 5 kg;
- sweet carrots - 0, 5 kg;
- bulb onion - 4 pcs .;
- garlic - 1 head;
- vegetable oil - 200 g;
- salt - 2 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 4 tbsp. l .;
- 9% vinegar - 50 ml.
- Pick ripe tomatoes. Wash. Cut into several pieces, cut the stem. Chop the tomatoes in a blender or mince.
- Wash eggplants, cut off the tail and the opposite tip. Cut into large cubes or cubes. If the eggplants are darkened after slicing, sprinkle them with salt and leave under the yoke for half an hour. Then drain the liquid and slightly squeeze the eggplants.
- Pepper wash, cut in half, remove the seeds. Cut into wide strips.
- Garlic peel, wash, chop.
- Peel carrots, wash, grate or cut into strips.
- Banks wash, sterilize over steam or heat in the oven (put in a cold oven!). Boil the lids for 5 minutes.
- Pour the tomato puree into a wide saucepan and put on moderate heat. When the mass boils, put all the vegetables, salt and sugar, pour the oil. Mix gently. Simmer on moderate heat for 40 minutes. 5 minutes before the end of cooking add vinegar.
- In hot form, lay down lecho in jars. Immediately seal hermetically. Put on a flat warm surface upside down. Wrap a blanket. Leave to cool.
Eggplant Lecho for the winter in a slow cooker
- red tomatoes - 0.5 kg;
- eggplants - 1 pc .;
- Bulgarian red pepper - 3 pcs .;
- carrots - 2 pcs .;
- bulb onion - 2 pcs .;
- hot pepper - 1 small pod;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- vegetable oil - 50 g;
- salt - 0, 5 tsp;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs .;
- Vinegar 9 percent - 35 ml.
- Prepare sterile jars in advance by treating them in a way that is convenient for you. Boil the lids.
- Tomatoes wash, remove the stem. Wash hot peppers, remove the seeds. Grind tomatoes and hot peppers in a meat grinder.
- Peel carrots, wash. Cut into cubes 1? 1 cm.
- Wash eggplants, cut the ends. Cut into large cubes, cubes or wide slices.
- Pepper wash, remove seeds. Cut into wide strips or squares.
- Onions clean, wash, cut into half rings. Garlic peel, rinse in water, chop.
- Pour oil into the bowl of the multicooker, warm it up in the “Frying” or “Baking” mode. Put onions, carrots, sweet peppers and eggplants. Stir and fry for 10 minutes with the lid open.
- Fill the vegetables with tomato paste, put garlic, salt, sugar, bay leaf, vinegar. Stir. Close the multicooker lid. Install the program “Stewing” or “Soup”. Cook for 1 hour.
- Hot lecho lay in jars and immediately hermetically sealed. Turn the bottoms up, wrap a blanket. Leave to cool.
Mistress to note
Very often it is the canned food with eggplants that becomes the culprit of poisoning due to the development of botulinum sticks in them. Therefore, it is necessary to thoroughly wash not only vegetables, but also the entire inventory. Lay out canned food only in sterile jars, close them with sterile caps.
Store lecho in a dry, dark, cool place.
Before you open the jar, check if the lid is not swollen. If there is a bomb, then such canned food can not be consumed.