Fruits and berries make sauces that are not inferior to vegetables. Thanks to an exquisite combination of sour, sweet, spicy and salty flavors, such sauces are even more savory than those made from vegetables, and perfectly shade the taste of meat. It is not by chance that cuisines of different European and Eastern countries include sauces made from plums, lingonberries, cranberries, and currants. Black currant sauce to meat is as good as tkemali, and may well replace it. So, if you have a rich harvest of black currant, do not miss the opportunity to try the sauce from it, besides it can be harvested for the winter.
The technology of cooking blackcurrant sauce for meat is not too complicated, but the knowledge of some of the subtleties of the hostess does not hurt.
- For the sauce it is necessary to use only ripe currants, otherwise the sauce will be too sour.
- Black currant berries have a rather dense skin. Even if you grind it with a blender, the pieces of skin that fall in the sauce will make its use not as pleasant as we would like. Therefore, to prepare a sauce with a delicate texture, it will have to not only be ground with a blender, but also rubbed through a sieve.
- Too much sugar in currant sauce should not be added, as too sweet sauce will not be an ideal addition to meat. However, reducing the amount of sugar relative to that indicated in the recipe is also not worth it, since in this case the taste of the sauce may become less harmonious, and its shelf life will be greatly reduced.
- For cooking blackcurrant sauce, do not use aluminum dishes and appliances. This material is oxidized upon contact with the berry, the substances formed as a result of this reaction can cause harm to the body. Typically, an enamel bowl and a wooden spoon are used to cook the sauce.
- If you want to prepare black currant sauce for the winter, be sure to sterilize the jars and the lids that fit them. It is necessary to close banks tightly. As preservatives use substances such as salt, sugar, vinegar, pepper. However, the heat treatment of the sauce itself should not be neglected, even if it seems to you that there are already many such substances in its composition.
- Black currants do not need to be boiled for a long time, until the liquid thickens and evaporates. It contains a lot of gelling component, so that the sauce from it is thick and without long cooking. So his cooking does not take too much time from the hostess.
- A unique bouquet in black currant sauce creates spices. If you are going to serve this sauce to meat, preference should be given to such spices as black and allspice, coriander and cardamom, dried garlic. You can add herbs and herbs such as parsley, basil, cilantro, mint, using them fresh or dried.
The technology of cooking blackcurrant sauce for meat depends on the specific recipe. Not all of them allow you to cook the sauce for the winter.
Classic Black Currant Sauce
- fresh or frozen currants - 0, 25 l (approximately 180 g);
- butter - 50 g;
- dry red wine - 100 ml;
- water - 100 ml;
- salt - 5 g;
- sugar - 20 g;
- spices - to taste.
- Pick, wash and dry the currants.
- Melt the butter, pour sugar into the pan with butter, lightly fry it, then add water and wait for it to boil.
- Pour the berries into the pan, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add wine, salt, spices. Continue stewing under the lid for another 2-3 minutes.
- Cool the sauce so that it becomes warm, but not cool, and chop with a blender, then rub through a sieve. Now put the sauce in the fridge so that it stiffens and acquires a jelly-like consistency.
Black currant sauce, cooked according to the classic recipe, is served cold to the meat. It can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than a week, it is not subject to longer storage.
Black Currant Sauce for Winter
The composition (0, 5 l):
- black currant - 0, 5 kg;
- water - 0, 25 l;
- sugar - 100 g;
- hot peppers - 1 pc .;
- ground coriander and paprika - 10 g;
- allspice - 5 g;
- salt - to taste.
- Pour the washed currants with sugar, cover with water, put in pepper and cook for 15 minutes. Wipe through a strainer by removing the pepper.
- Pepper finely chopped or chopped with a blender, mix with currant puree.
- Add salt and spices to the puree, mix. Boil for another 10-15 minutes so that the sauce is not liquid.
After that, the sauce can be poured into cans and hermetically sealed - in this case, it can be left for the winter, stored in a closet or refrigerator. You can use the sauce immediately, just cool it. In this case, it can be kept in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Simple Black Currant Sauce
- black currant juice (freshly squeezed) - 100 ml;
- water - 50 ml;
- sugar - 20 g;
- spices - to taste.
- Mix the juice with water and sugar, pour into a small saucepan.
- Bring the juice to a boil, add spices and salt to taste. Boil until the amount of liquid in the pan decreases by a third.
If you use purchased juice, it won't hurt to add half a teaspoon of starch by diluting it with water, otherwise the juice may not thicken. According to your taste, the sauce prepared according to a simple recipe is inferior to that made according to the classical technology, but any housewife will be able to cook it in just 15 minutes without making any efforts. True, this sauce is not prepared for the winter and should be eaten in at most 2-3 days.
Black currant sauce with garlic for the winter
Composition (1 l):
- black currant - 1 kg;
- garlic - 8 cloves;
- salt - 20 g;
- fresh dill - 25 g;
- black ground pepper - 25 g;
- nutmeg - 5 g;
- paprika - 5 g;
- dried basil - 10 g.
- Wash currants, remove the twigs. Drain the berries, laid out on a towel.
- Currant together with garlic and dill chop blender.
- Add salt and spices, mix.
- Put in a small saucepan on the fire and cook for 20 minutes.
- Spread out on sterilized jars, cork.
After the sauce has cooled, you need to put it in the refrigerator - you can store it all winter, but only in a cool place.
Sweet and Sour Black Currant Sauce with Tomatoes
- black currant - 0, 2 kg;
- semi-dry red wine - 150 ml;
- tomatoes - 0, 2 kg;
- soy sauce - 50 ml;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- sugar - 30 g;
- ground pepper - to taste.
- After pouring boiling water over the tomatoes, clean them. Pulp break in a blender.
- Pass the garlic through the press.
- Pure and dried black currant berries should be covered with sugar and covered with wine, cook for 10 minutes, then chop with a blender and rub through a sieve.
- In a saucepan, mix currants, tomatoes, garlic, soy sauce and spices. Boil the sauce over low heat by about a third.
If you want to prepare a red currant sauce with tomatoes for the winter, replace the wine with vinegar (3 percent) and soy sauce with half a teaspoon of salt. Keep in a cool place.
Black currant sauce is very well suited to meat. The presence of a large number of dissimilar recipes allows you to choose the option that you like.