Red currant blanks are bright, tasty and always appetizing. But they can also be useful. To do this, minimize the time of heat treatment of the berries and do not add too much sugar. Red currant juice satisfies these requirements, which even an inexperienced hostess can prepare for the winter. Being a juicy berry, red currant allows you to get a lot of drink, without spending a lot of time and effort on cooking.
The juice of red currant turns out bright, has a rich aroma and taste. His cooking does not require high culinary skills. Even an inexperienced cook will get a result that he can be proud of if he takes a number of things into account when cooking.
- Using a juicer, it is not necessary to clear the currants from the branches, but when processing the berries in any other way, you will have to spend time to tear off the tails. If this is not done, the juice will acquire an unpleasant taste and will be stored worse.
- When cooking red currant juice according to any of the recipes, you can add some currant leaves, previously washed well, into it. Before pouring the drink into the cans, the leaves must be removed from the pan.
- When making redcurrant juice, sugar is usually added to it. It increases the safety of canned food and makes their taste more balanced.
- Banks intended for storing red currant juice in winter must be washed with soda and sterilized by any convenient method. The lids are also sterilized, usually by boiling. Plastic lids for closing the juice are not suitable, we need metal, ensuring tightness.
- Red currant juice is most often concentrated, diluting it with water just before serving. It is advisable to close such juice in small-sized banks, from 0.5 l to 1 l.
Red currant juice is stored in a cool room, the temperature of which does not exceed 18 degrees. Then the drink will stand without spoiling, not less than a year. Open jar can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 3 days.
Red currant juice through a juicer
Composition (1 l):
- red currant - 1, 2 kg;
- sugar - 0, 25 kg.
Method of preparation:
- Pick a currant. Wash it without removing twigs.
- Pass the currant through the juicer.
- Pour into a stainless steel or enameled container. It is impossible to cook blackcurrant juice in aluminum dishes, since this material, when oxidized, forms harmful substances.
- Add sugar to the juice, mix.
- Put the juice jug on slow fire. Heat it while stirring to achieve complete sugar dissolution.
- Continue heating until the juice boils.
- Boil it for 5 minutes, remove from heat.
- Sterilize the jars and their lids.
- Fill the jars with juice, roll up.
- Turn over, cover with a blanket, leave to cool in steam bath conditions for additional preservation.
The juice made according to this recipe can be used to make jelly and other desserts. If you are going to drink it, the drink before drinking must be diluted with water in a ratio of not less than 1: 1.
Redcurrant tart juice
The composition (1, 5 l):
- red currant - 1, 5 kg;
- sugar - 150 g;
- water - 0, 5 l.
Method of preparation:
- Wash currants. Let it dry by sprinkling berries on a towel that absorbs moisture well.
- Remove the twigs from the berries.
- Turn the currant through the meat grinder. It can be crushed in another way, for example, using a blender. Tart taste appears due to the destruction of small bones inside the berries.
- Put the currant mass in the bowl, pour a glass of boiled water. Cook 5 minutes after boiling. Strain through a sieve.
- Collect the cake in folded in several layers of gauze, squeeze.
- Add the remaining water and sugar to the currant juice.
- Bring to a boil over low heat and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour the juice into prepared cans, hermetically seal them.
- Leave to cool upside down, wrapped in a warm blanket.
Red currant juice, closed for the winter according to the above recipe, can be drunk without diluting.
Spiced red currant juice, cooked with the juice maker
Composition (for 0, 75 l):
- red currant - 1 kg;
- orange - 100 g;
- cloves - 1 pc .;
- cinnamon - 0, 5 sticks;
- nutmeg - at the tip of a knife;
- sugar - 100 g;
- currant leaf - 1 pc.
Method of preparation:
- Place the prepared berries in the upper section of the juice cooker.
- Add sliced orange and spices.
- Sprinkle berries with sugar.
- In the container of the juice cooker set aside for this purpose, type water.
- Direct the hose from the juice collection container into the sterilized jar.
- Turn on the machine or place it on the stove.
- Boil the berries until the juice stops flowing through the hose.
- Roll up the jar, allow it to cool in a steam bath.
Juice in this recipe is fragrant, it can serve as a basis for non-alcoholic mulled wine.
Red currant juice has a rich taste and color, has a pleasant aroma and remains healthy. Even a beginning hostess will be able to prepare this liquid delicacy for the winter, if she listens to the advice of more experienced chefs.