Daily use of compote from various berries will strengthen your body and allow you to easily bypass all winter colds. This type of conservation is indispensable for children. Little gourmets adore moderately sweet drink with a summer aroma.
It takes 40 minutes to prepare such preservation, and from the ingredients listed here, 1 liter compote is obtained.
- red currant - 300 g;
- sugar - 100 g;
- water - 0, 8 l.
1. First of all, you need to stock up on currants for compote. Berries must be ripe and firm. Often in the currant can find a lot of leaves and other debris. To remove all this, it is enough to carry out a simple procedure. Put berries in a bowl or pan. Pour currant cold water. Thoroughly mix the berries with your hands. All the extra leaves and twigs immediately float. Water is carefully drained, and currants put in a colander. Leave the berries to dry.
2. Separate currants from twigs. Fold the berries in a bowl. For compote, you can use handfuls of berries (without separating them from the twigs). It will not bring harm and will not affect the taste and shelf life of the final product.
3. The bank must be wiped with soda. Rinse under strong water pressure to rinse away food powder. Sterilizing capacity is optional. For reinsurance, you can pour boiling water on the neck, because it is him who most often does not get hot syrup. Fold the red currant in a jar.
4. Water to boil. Pour the berries with half the liquid. Cover with a sterile cap. Let the berries run the juice (about 20 minutes).
5. Close the jar with a nylon cap with slots. Drain back to pan. Add sugar. You can adjust its quantity on the basis of your own preferences, but the proportion “100 g per 1 liter of compote” is considered optimal for berry preservation. Bring the syrup to a boil. Boil another 2 min.
6. Pour the hot syrup into the jar with currants to the brim. In case of lack of syrup capacity can be filled with boiling water. Using the key for preservation, roll up hermetically jar with an iron lid. Turn over the container. Then make sure the syrup doesn't leak. Cover inverted container with a blanket. Leave in this position until cool.
7. The cover can be covered and tied with paper or cloth. It will protect it from rust. Place the compote in storage in the coolest place in the house. Such conservation can stand (depending on storage conditions) from 6 to 12 months.