Borsch is loved by many, but not all housewives have enough time to cook it as often as they like. Lean soup of beets and cabbage is prepared somewhat faster than the traditional, but not everyone recognizes the first dishes without meat. Come to the rescue soup borscht. It is brewed as easily and quickly as a vegetarian one, to the taste it is not inferior to the classic one made in meat broth with meat products.
Ease of cooking does not exempt from adherence to its cooking technology. Borscht belongs to soups, which, without knowing a few subtleties, are difficult to make truly tasty and appetizing. In inexperienced housewives, it often turns dull-burgundy and not tasty enough. To avoid mistakes will help study the recommendations of experienced chefs.
- Some people think that tomato paste gives red color to borsch, in fact it plays an indirect role in this. The main part is performed by beets. So that she does not lose her color, you need to be able to choose it, prepare it correctly and add it to the soup in time. The most saturated shades have beet salad varieties, and they should be preferred. Do not add raw beets to the soup: if you put it too early, the whole color will be boiled out of it; if put in late, it will remain tough Before laying in the soup, beets are brought to readiness by roasting, stewing or roasting. Better preservation of color helps processing beet acids: vinegar or lemon juice.
- Borsch with stew can be cooked in water or broth. In the latter case, it is advisable to use bouillon cubes. Just try not to mix the flavors of two different types of meat products. For chicken stew soup, chicken broth fits; for borscht made from pork or beef, it's better to choose meat or vegetable.
- Do not try to save on stew. Delicious borscht will be obtained only from high-quality stew of the highest category. If you see that the product contains too many ingredients, without which you can do (flour, vegetable protein, a large number of spices and spices), it is advisable to refuse to purchase.
- Follow the recommended ingredient recipe order. If you break it or put it all together, some products will be digested, others will remain raw. Beautiful red borscht will not have. When cooking borsch, potatoes are usually added first, followed by cabbage, then boiled meat or stewed meat, then fried vegetables, and beets. After adding the last ingredient, which often turns out to be fresh greens, borsch should be boiled for a couple of minutes so that it does not spoil before it is eaten completely.
- Experts say that the most delicious borscht is yesterday's one. After cooking, the soup must be given time to infuse, otherwise it will not be as attractive as we would like.
Serving borsch with stew should be the same as traditional: with sour cream and greens, complemented with buns or garlic croutons.
Borsch with fresh cabbage stew
- beef or meat stew - 0, 32-0, 34 kg;
- white cabbage - 0, 3 kg;
- beets - 0, 3 kg;
- potatoes - 0.5 kg;
- carrots - 100 g;
- onions - 150 g;
- vegetable oil - 80 ml;
- tomato paste - 40 ml;
- lemon juice - 5 ml;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- fresh greens - 50 g;
- water or beef broth - 2-2, 5 l;
- sour cream - to serve.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the cabbage by removing the top leaves. Chop the head with thin, short pieces.
- Peel the beets. Cut it into fine straws or chop on a grater. The soup will be more beautiful if you use a grater for cooking Korean salads to chop vegetables. An ordinary grater will also work, you need to use its side with the largest holes.
- Scrape, wash carrots. Crush it in the same way as beets.
- Free the onions from the husk. Cut into halves or quarters of rings, depending on the size of the onion.
- Wash, peel potatoes. Cut it into cubes of one and a half centimeters.
- Boil water or broth. You can use bouillon cubes. For 2 liters of liquid they will need 4 pieces.
- Add potatoes to water or broth. Liquid, if necessary, add salt and pepper. After 5 minutes, put the cabbage in the soup.
- Take two pans, put on the fire, pour two tablespoons of oil on each. When the oil warms up, put onion in one pan, beetroot on the other. Beetle pour lemon juice.
- After 2-3 minutes, add carrots to the onions, pour half of the soup ladle into the pan with beets.
- After 5 minutes add tomato paste to onions and carrots. Pass the vegetables until the paste turns orange.
- Stew the beets until soft.
- Approximately 5 minutes after laying the cabbage, place the stew in the pan, carefully kneading it with a fork.
- 10 minutes after adding the stew, put in a borsch a dressing of onions and carrots.
- When the soup is boiling again, dip the beets in it. Boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Finely chop the garlic and greens with a knife. Throw in a pot with borscht. Boil it for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove, but do not hurry to spill the borsch - let it brew for 20-30 minutes, tightly covering the pan with a lid.
Borscht made of chicken stew is prepared in the same way, only beef, not chicken beef, is used for cooking soup. When serving to the table, the soup is filled with sour cream.
Borsch with stew in a slow cooker
- meat stew - 0, 32-0, 34 kg;
- beets - 150 g;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- garlic - 3 cloves;
- apple cider vinegar (6%) - 5 ml;
- tomato juice - 120 ml;
- vegetable oil - 60 ml;
- white cabbage - 0, 3 kg;
- potatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- Bulgarian pepper - 0, 2 kg;
- salt, spices - to taste;
- water - as needed;
- greens, sour cream - to serve.
Method of preparation:
- Put the stew in a bowl, mash with a fork.
- Wash, peel the vegetables.
- Pepper cut into small squares.
- Chop cabbage finely.
- Cut the potatoes into slightly larger bars than for French fries.
- Coarse carrots and beets.
- Cut onion into small cubes.
- Pour oil into the multicooker bowl. Put onions and carrots in it. Start the unit by selecting the “Hot” program. If your device does not have such a mode, you can use the Baking program.
- After 5 minutes, add the beets, continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Pour vinegar diluted in a spoonful of tomato juice. Add chopped garlic. Cook using the same program for 2-3 minutes.
- Fill with tomato juice. Switch the multicooker for 10 minutes to the “Quenching” mode.
- Spread vegetables and sauce out of the multicooker.
- Place the stew in the multicooker container. Put the potatoes, cabbage, pepper. Fill with water. It should not reach the top mark.
- Start the unit in “Quenching” mode for 40 minutes. 10 minutes before readiness add vegetable dressing, add some salt and season the soup to taste.
- After the program has finished, leave the soup for 20 minutes in the heating mode.
- Pour the borscht with stewed meat on plates, putting in each spoonful of sour cream and a small handful of fresh greens, finely chopped with a knife.
Smart kitchen appliances make life easier for the hostess. While the unit will cook borsch, the cook will be able to do more enjoyable things.
The stew borscht is traditional in taste and appearance, but it is cooked much easier and faster. Even an inexperienced cook will be able to cook it.