Baking, cooked with your own hands, is not only a unique taste and matchless flavor, but also a manifestation of love, caring for loved ones.
Snail buns are an interesting home baking idea that you can easily embody thanks to our recipes.
Snails - general principles
Prepare products from yeast pastry or puff pastry.
Yeast fancy pastry: yeast is diluted in water, sieved dry components. Mix the yeast mixture with the rest of the ingredients on the list, knead elastic dough. Cover the dough in a bowl with a towel, remove to a raising, press hands, again remove to the next raising. After spread on floured table top, knead, divided into balls. From each piece roll out and form buns in the form of snails.
Puff pastry: prepared from carefully sifted flour and a large amount of butter. Soft butter is cut into pieces, from the other ingredients on the list prepare the dough. The finished dough is rolled out, spread on the surface of the butter, bent in half, re-rolled, put butter, roll, etc. Remove the puff pastry, wrapped in film, for a while in the refrigerator. After it make buns in the form of snails. You can also buy ready-made puff pastry in the store. Defrost it immediately before the formation of the buns, removing from the package, directly on the table.
Snail buns before baking can be sandwiched with any favorite filling: poppy seeds with sugar, curd mass, thick jam - these are sweet fillings. You can also make snail buns with a rich filling, for example, with cheese and green onions or with curd, herbs and spices. Ready-made sweet snails can be sprinkled with sugar, powder, pour over the icing, melted chocolate.
Snail buns are served with tea, milk, cocoa in hot or cold form.
1. Snails: a classic recipe
• half a pack of dry yeast;
• a half package of butter;
• a handful of sugar;
• egg - 2 pcs .;
• flour - 11 glasses;
• melted butter for the filling - half a glass;
• granulated sugar - 6 tablespoons;
• egg yolk for smearing buns.
1. Dissolve the yeast in warm milk, add a few pinch of sugar, add salt, mix, let it brew.
2. Put the remaining sugar in a large bowl, add eggs, pour in 100 grams of melted cooled butter, stir, let the mass stand.
3. Slowly add sifted flour and another 50 grams of butter, knead the dough, close it with a clean cloth and leave to rise for several hours.
4. Split the dough well in half.
5. Roll out both pieces in turn into a rectangular cake.
6. Lubricate with oil, sprinkle with sugar.
7. Wrap roll, cut into pieces of 2 cm.
8. Spread the resulting snails on a frying sheet covered with parchment, let it rise.
9. Brush the buns with whipped egg yolk and bake in a hot oven for about half an hour.
2. Snail rolls in Spanish with cottage cheese and sour cream
• flour - a little less than a kilogram;
• 1 egg;
• instant yeast, salt - on a pinch;
• 6 large spoons of sugar;
• 4 tbsp. spoons of lean and melted butter.
• a small cup of cottage cheese;
• sour cream - 6 large spoons;
• lemon zest powder - 20 g;
• 30 g of powdered sugar plus a handful of powdered sugar for sprinkling the finished buns.
1. Mix all dry ingredients, add butter, pre-melted and cooled it, 6 tablespoons of warm water, knead the dough, let rise.
2. Make the filling: mix the cottage cheese with sour cream, add the ground lemon zest, powdered sugar, stir to a smooth homogeneous mass.
3. Divide the dough into pieces, roll each layer.
4. Lubricate the layers with vegetable oil, put the curd filling on one side, wrap the roll. 5. Roll the resulting roll with a “snail”, spread on the oiled baking sheet, leave for proofing.
6. Bake in a hot oven for about half an hour.
7. Sprinkle hot buns with powdered sugar.
3. Snail muffins in milk fill
Ingredients for the dough:
• slightly less than a kilogram of flour;
• a couple of yolks;
• 1 small cup of milk;
• half a glass of sugar;
• yeast - 1 teaspoon;
• 1 cup of melted butter;
• 40 g sugar;
• a little vanilla.
• half a cup of milk;
• granulated sugar - 300 g;
• some vanilla.
1. Pour half a glass of lightly warmed milk into a small cup, add sugar, yeast, flour (1 teaspoon), add some salt, mix everything thoroughly, let it brew.
2. Enter the yolks in the remaining milk, whisk with a fork, add the yeast mixture, mix.
3. Add more flour, knead the dough. Sprinkle with flour, leave for half an hour.
4. Make the filling: combine the softened butter with sugar and vanilla, whisk.
5. Divide the dough into pieces.
6. Roll each thin square or cake, grease the cooked filling.
7. Layer firmly roll and roll into pieces of 5 cm each, form a "snail".
8. Spread the buns in the prepared form, let it stand.
9. Make a fill: dissolve sugar in milk.
10. Well-risen buns pour half of the prepared milk filling, bake in a hot oven to a light brown color.
11. After a while baking, refill the muffins with the pouring, set to bake.
4. Snail buns on kefir with coconut chips
• a little more than half a kilogram of flour;
• kefir - 350 ml;
• pinch of instant yeast;
• sugar - a small mug with a slide;
• 1 egg;
• 100 ml of vegetable oil, melted and creamy;
• sugar and coconut chips - handful.
• 230 ml coconut milk;
• granulated sugar - 4 tablespoons; • salt, vanilla - at the tip of a teaspoon.
1. Mix yeast with kefir and sugar. Leave for 10-12 minutes aside.
2. Add an egg, vegetable oil to the yeast mixture, add salt and beat with a fork.
3. Pour the sifted flour, knead the dough and leave to rise for a couple of hours.
4. Punch dough with hands, divide into several small balls.
5. Roll each one in turn into a layer, add butter, sprinkle with chips, mix it with sugar.
6. Wrap each layer with a roll.
7. Make snails from rolls and lay them on a sheet lined with baking paper, let them stand so that they are separated.
8. Bake in the oven until cooked.
9. 10 minutes before the readiness, pour muffins with a mixture of coconut milk, sugar and vanillin.
5. Snail buns with cheese and green onions
• flour - a little more than half a kilogram;
• olive oil - 50 ml;
• yeast - half a teaspoon;
• salt - 3 g;
• sugar - 35 g
• for a small piece of Suluguni cheese and any creamy one;
• green onions - 7 stalks;
• cumin, sesame - in a handful.
• egg yolk.
1. Dissolve all dry ingredients, except for flour, in a container of suitable size in warm water, let it stand.
2. Enter the flour.
3. Add olive oil, knead the dough, leave to rise.
4. Make the stuffing: chop the green onion with thin ringlets, mix with the grated chopped cheeses, add salt.
5. Roll the dough into a layer.
6. Cut the formation into strips 4 cm wide.
7. On each strip, put a little stuffing, wrap the tube, the edges firmly blind.
8. Form from the resulting tube "snail".
9. Put the snail buns on a baking sheet, anoint with yolk, sprinkle with sesame mixed with cumin, put in the oven for 25 minutes.
6. Snail puff pastry with poppy
• half a kilogram of flour;
• 800 g butter;
• water - 200 ml; • 1 egg;
• sugar - 20 g;
• salt - 2 g;
• sunflower oil.
• poppy, sugar - 30 g each;
• pinch of vanilla.
1. Dissolve the dry ingredients according to the recipe in water, except for flour. Put the egg, whisk. Pour flour, knead the dough, let it rest.
2. Roll a layer, wrap a small piece of butter in it, roll it.
3. Put the oil back on, roll it out, and so on until all the oil runs out.
4. Wrap the dough in a bag, put it in the fridge for an hour.
5. Thinly roll out the cooled dough, grease with vegetable oil, sprinkle with a mixture of sugar, poppy and vanilla.
6. Wrap the roll, cut into pieces, twist “snail”.
7. Spread on a greased sheet, place in the oven, bake at 230 degrees.
Snails: Secrets and Tips
• Add some butter to the dough, then when forming the buns it will not stick to your hands.
• When rolling, do not use a large amount of flour in the powder, otherwise the baking will be heavy, not airy.
• If, without flour, a rolling pin sticks to the dough all the time, use a regular bottle for rolling, pouring ice water into it.
• It is not necessary to put the buns on a baking tray butt, it is better to have a distance of 3-5 cm between them: when baking the buns, the snails will increase in size.
• Snails with a golden top are obtained when the dough is smeared with a mixture of water and egg yolk before baking.
• Do not refrigerate the buns, putting them on top of each other, the contact points will become damp. It is better to let the products cool right on the baking sheet.