Fish dishes should appear on our table at least three times a week.
Soups, steaks, fish pies enrich the diet with easily digestible proteins and essential fatty acids for health. In addition, fish dishes are incredibly tasty. Properly cooked, beautifully served fish will not only saturate perfectly, but will also lift your spirits.
Fish is combined with many vegetables: potatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, eggplant. Especially tasty fish with tomatoes. Ways to cook this dish are many. Tomatoes for fish are good as fresh, thinly sliced, and heat treated together with fish fillets or whole carcass. Fresh tomatoes will make a bright fish dish, summer, they are perfectly combined with seasonal herbs: cilantro, parsley, dill, green onions. Tomatoes stewed with fish become languidly tender, completely revealing their taste.
Tomatoes give tenderness, sourness and freshness to fish meat. A little experience, desire and imagination - that's all that is needed for the preparation of a real culinary masterpiece of fish and tomatoes.
Fish with Tomatoes - General Cooking Principles
Cooking fish with tomatoes is not as difficult as it may seem. The main thing is to know how to clean the carcass and follow two more mandatory rules: acidify and salt. Tomatoes, by the way, perfectly acidify the fish, so their duet is so successful. How to clean the fish is described below.
For the preparation of various options for dishes used frying, baking, stewing. Each of them is good in its own way and allows you to diversify the fish menu. Even one variety of fish, cooked according to different recipes, can be the basis for dozens of interesting original dishes.
However, not all fish will make a company to the tomato. For thermal treatment of these methods suitable cod, sea bass, flounder, halibut, large river fish, trout, pink salmon. Cod can be stewed in tomato sauce, sea bass baked in the oven with onions and tomato slices. Flounder, halibut and river fish (but not pike) are tasty fried in butter and served with slices of tomatoes. Trout and pink salmon can be put in a foil boat and baked under a tomato and vegetable “fur coat”. Before cooking, the fish should be thoroughly cleaned of scales, viscera, fins. Large carcass can be cut into fillets or cut into portions. For frying it is better to take pure vegetable oil, and stew in sour cream or tomato sauce.
Fish with tomatoes under the cheese “Fish Sandwich”
The simplest dish, which even a novice can handle, will be an excellent option for a light dinner. Fish with tomatoes under the cheese “Fish Sandwich” is prepared very quickly. A dryish pink salmon turns out juicy and very tasty.
• pink salmon;
• two or three tomatoes;
• 100 grams of cheese;
• mix of seasonings for fish;
• some flour;
• two spoons of mayonnaise.
Pink salmon cut into portions, dip on both sides in spices for fish, breaded in flour.
Preheat a frying pan with a little vegetable oil.
Fry fish pieces on both sides until crusting.
Grease a baking sheet with a drop of vegetable oil and spread out the fish.
Cut tomatoes into thin slices.
Finely grate cheese.
Grease the fish with mayonnaise, put a tomato ring and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for ten minutes.
Serve “sandwiches” hot. If desired, season the fish with tomatoes with greens, offer along with boiled potatoes.
Fish with tomatoes “Just delicious”
A great option for meeting unexpected guests. If in the fridge there is a small fish with white meat, some ordinary vegetables and a jar of tomatoes, then you can prepare an amazing dish in half an hour: tender, melting in the mouth, juicy, flavorful. Just delicious!
• white fish fillet;
• tomatoes in their own juice (or tomato sauce, preferably homemade);
• medium carrot;
• one onion;
• a clove of garlic;
• oil for frying fish.
Method of preparation
Chop the onion finely, rub the carrot, chop the greens and garlic. Prepare vegetable sauce: fry onion, grated carrots, chopped herbs and garlic in vegetable oil. Pour in tomatoes or tomato sauce. Salt and put under a lid for three minutes.
Put the fish fillet pieces into the pan, pour over the sauce with a spoon.
Simmer over medium heat for about fifteen minutes.
Put the fish with tomatoes on the plates, if desired, decorate with remaining greens.
Fish with Tomatoes and Greek Courtyard
An interesting serving makes this dish like a restaurant. Dry dry salmon in a sauce with tomatoes, lemon, garlic and cheese reveals all its charm. Serve fish with tomatoes for this recipe in the same bowl where it was cooked.
• pink salmon of any size;
• one lemon;
• three fleshy tomatoes;
• three cloves of garlic;
• 200 grams of hard or semi-hard cheese;
• fresh greens;
• 300 grams of mayonnaise.
Fillet of pink salmon to cut into small pieces of 100-150 grams by weight.
Salt, pepper, sprinkle with lemon juice and leave in marinade for fifteen minutes.
Two tomatoes cut into small cubes, the third - into thin rings (they will be needed for decoration).
Finely grate cheese.
Shape the baking dish with a drop of oil, put the fish pieces.
Top coat the fish with a small amount of mayonnaise.
Place a tomato circle on each piece, distribute some garlic and grated cheese.
Fill the place left between the fish pieces with chopped tomatoes.
Bake the fish with tomatoes for half an hour in an oven preheated to 180 degrees.
Immediately serve, without removing from the form and garnished with a sprig of dill or parsley.
Fish with tomatoes under the egg
To cook this original dish, you can use any fish fillet with white meat. Serve fish with tomatoes under the egg should be hot, better to rice or boiled green beans. Ingredients:
• 150 grams of fish fillets (hake, pollock);
• half of the average onion;
• hard boiled egg;
• small tomato;
• a slice of hard or semi-hard cheese (20 grams);
• ground black pepper;
• some flour for breading;
• cooking oil for frying;
• greens, green onions for decoration.
Fillet cut into portions and salt.
Breaded fish pieces in flour and fry on both sides in oil.
Put the fish on a baking sheet.
Onions cut into thin rings and fry until golden brown.
Slice the egg and tomato into thin slices, and the cheese into transparent slices.
On each piece of fillet put onion, tomato and egg.
Cover with a plate of cheese and sprinkle with pepper.
Bake in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees, about 20 minutes.
Arrange on plates, sprinkle with chopped herbs.
Fish with tomatoes in foil
The simplest, but very effective way of conveniently roasting fish with tomatoes in foil will have to be the way during a festive meal. Not only is it very tasty, it’s also not necessary to wash the grill sieve! Lemon and spices add to the dense, slightly pinkish meat of a pelengas fish a stunning aroma.
• one carcass fish pelengas (or another to taste);
• a tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice;
• three tomatoes;
• one large onion;
• Spice mix for fish.
Remove bones from the fish, remove the skin, rub the carcass with salt.
Cut the tomatoes into circles, add a little salt and put inside the fish as a filling.
Cut into rings and fry the onions.
Sprinkle fish with lemon juice.
Lay the fried onion on top.
Wrap the carcass in foil and bake in the oven for half an hour at 200 degrees.
Expand the foil and bake for another ten minutes so that a tasty crust appears on the fish.
Submit fish with tomatoes can be boiled or fried potatoes.
Fish with tomatoes and sour cream
Even the children enjoy tender trout cooked with sour cream, tomato and greens. There are no bones in it, which will greatly delight the little ones, and the meat is so tender that it simply melts in the mouth.
• trout weighing 700 grams (you can replace the fillet of halibut, pangasius, pelengas, flounder);
• large tomato;
• half a cup of sour cream;
• four cloves of garlic;
• one hundred grams of hard or semi-hard cheese;
Cut the cleaned carcass into fillets, then into portioned pieces.
Salt a little, sprinkle with freshly ground pepper and spices for fish (optional).
Oil form, put trout, sprinkle with chopped garlic and smear with sour cream.
Tomato sliced thinly, put on top of smetannoy layer and a little salt.
Finely chop the greens and grate the cheese. Mix it up.
Fill the fish with tomatoes with a mixture of greens and cheese, put in the oven, preheated to 200 degrees. Roasting time - 10-15 minutes, not more.
Serve with rice or potatoes.
Fish with tomatoes - tips and helpful tips
- To easily clean a fish, you need to know some important secrets. The procedure is as follows: first cut the fins, then remove the scales. It should be cleaned from the tail, carefully moving to the head. Kitchen shears are suitable for trimming fins, a sharp knife or a special machine for cleaning fish is suitable for removing scales.
- The scales during cleaning are scattered throughout the kitchen. To cope with this problem, the fish should be put in a large container with water and cleaned there. Another option is to clean the fish in a plastic bag.
- Some species of sea fish (tench, mackerel, horse mackerel) are very poorly cleaned. To remove the scales easier, the fish must be immersed in very hot water for ten seconds.
- Another way to ease the process is to rub the carcass with vinegar for a while. Fifteen minutes is enough to clean the fish easier.
- To better keep a slippery fish carcass, wet fingers can be immersed in salt.
- The gallbladder must be removed very carefully. If you pierce it, the bile will make the meat very unpleasant and bitter. If the gallbladder nevertheless broke, you should immediately fall asleep the place where you got the bile, salt, rub well and rinse thoroughly with ice water.
- The three basic rules for working with fish are to clean properly, acidify thoroughly and salt well. For acidification, except for lemon juice, vinegar or dry wine is suitable. After sprinkling the fish with them, you need to put it in the fridge and give the marinade a little time (about fifteen minutes) to work. This will make the fish meat more juicy, will give it a seductive aroma.
- Care should be taken that the fish do not give out too much juice. It may become too dry. For marinating fish, you need to mix salt and various spices, onions, roots. The optimal time for marinating is 20-30 minutes.