Mistresses are increasingly paying attention to these round curly forks, consisting of many inflorescences. And it’s not for nothing, because cauliflower is much more useful than the usual white cabbage. It is better absorbed by the body, so nutritionists recommend it for a diet. But does everyone know how to cook it correctly?
How to prepare cauliflower for cooking
Cauliflower is not stored as long as white cabbage. Therefore, it should be used shortly after harvesting or buying on the market, because it is still unknown how many days it has been with the seller until it hit the counter. From long storage, it darkens and becomes bitter. Especially if it is stored in the light.
- At the head of a head, a stalk is cut off just below the beginning of a fork, and all leaves are removed.
- Dark, rotten places cut out with a knife. The darkened and withered tops of the inflorescences smooth out a float.
- Forks are dipped in salt water before use: take two tablespoons of salt per liter of water. This is done in order to get rid of caterpillars and larvae, which often settle in numerous cabbage inflorescences.
- After this, the forks are washed well in cold water.
- If cabbage is intended for a portion of a dish, it is left as a whole cabbage. And for a garnish, it is disassembled into florets - wobs.
How to Cook Cauliflower in a Pan
- Water is poured into the pan, salted at the rate of 10 g of salt per liter of water, waiting for it to boil.
- They lay the buds and bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Heat is reduced and cooking continues at a low boil. This technique helps to preserve the color of the cabbage.
- Cook inflorescences 10-12 minutes. This cabbage is cooked fast enough, so its readiness is checked by tasting. If the cabbage is cooked for further heat treatment, such as roasting, the cooking time is reduced to seven minutes.
Before serving, cauliflower is stored in the broth for a short time. If left in a hot liquid for a long time, it will turn yellow. But this will not happen if the decoction is cold.
How to cook cauliflower in a double boiler
- Prepared cabbage is disassembled into florets and placed in a steamer bowl.
- Steam for 20-25 minutes until soft.
This cooking method helps to preserve most of the nutrients, as well as the taste of the cabbage.
How to cook cauliflower in a slow cooker
If there is a function “Steaming”, boil cabbage, putting it in a bowl designed for this. Duration of cooking - 15-20 minutes. If there is no tray for steaming, then cook as in the same way as on the stove. That is, water is poured into a multicooker bowl, brought to a boil, salted and dipped. Cook for 7-12 minutes.
How to Cook Cauliflower in a Microwave
- The prepared head is divided into inflorescences.
- Placed in a suitable dish. Pour some water. Salt.
- Close the lid and cook at full power for 5-7 minutes until soft. Leave for some time in a sealed container.
- A head of cabbage is placed in a pan.
- Pour some water.
- Cover with a lid and stew at full power for about 18 minutes. Readiness check fork.
- The excess liquid is poured.
- Prepared cabbage is sorted into knots.
- Placed in a bowl, pour 3 tbsp. l milk on 0, 5 kg of cabbage, salt and close the lid.
- Stew at full power about 3 minutes. Add spices and cook another 10 minutes.
How to Cook Frozen Cauliflower
Cauliflower is used in cooking without defrosting.
- Water is brought to a boil, salt.
- Drop the frozen cabbage stumps into it.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Throw back in a colander.
Mistress to note
- There are a lot of nutrients in the stalk (white bulges). Therefore, it is recommended to chop them, boil them and use them for making sauces and soups.
- Cauliflower will be much tastier if boiled in milk.
- Sometimes forks are quite loose. This cabbage is better to use for cooking soup. And from dense - to cook second courses or salads.
- Cauliflower is stored in a dark place.
- When cooking in which there are a lot of different ingredients, the cauliflower is put in a saucepan 8-12 minutes before the end of cooking.