Pumpkin-apple jam, frankly, it tastes unusual and pleases the eye. And you can also have a great time by inviting guests to guess what a delicacy is made of. If aromatic components were put into operation - spices, or citruses, then only those who are fortunate enough to try it before them will guess.
Pumpkin jam with apples - the general principles of cooking
• Jam is cooked only from dense pumpkin pulp. Fibrous part of it with seeds and hard skin is removed. Prepared pulp is cut into medium-sized pieces of arbitrary shape, rubbed with a grater or interrupted in mashed potatoes with a blender. The grinding method depends on the particular formulation selected.
• Apples, like pumpkins, are peeled and ground in the same way. Considering the sweetness of the pumpkin, it is better to take sweet and sour, fully ripe apples for jam, in order to avoid excessive cloying. Fruits should be cut into slices, they should be tight and tough. The flesh of apples when cooked will not retain its shape and turn into a mess.
• The originality of pumpkin and apple jam can add citrus, nuts or other fruits such as pears. A completely new taste can be obtained by boiling it with mint and cocoa. Jam flavored with vanilla or cinnamon.
• Jam should be cooked in thick-walled stainless steel tanks. Such dishes are not oxidized and the jam does not burn. Enamel pots and jars are not suitable for making jam.
A simple recipe for jam from pumpkin with apples
• one kilogram of sugar;
• 200 gr. sweet and sour apples;
• 800 gr. ripe pumpkin.
1. Wash the dirt from the pumpkin. Cut in half and select all the seeds, removing the fibrous pulp. 2. Next, cut the halves into large pieces and remove the peel from each, grasping the greenish layer.
3. Cut the thick orange pulp into cubes not too large, and fold into a large bowl. Add half the cooked sugar, mix well, cover the container and place in the cold for ten hours.
4. After this, strain all the juice from the pumpkin, add the remaining sugar into it and put on a little heat.
5. On a large grater, rub the apples, after getting rid of the skin and seeds. Dip the chopped fruit along with the pumpkin pieces into the boiling syrup.
6. Without stirring, bring to a boil, immediately reduce the heat and continue to cook for at least half an hour.
7. Prepare the pumpkin jam packaged in clean, dry jars and hermetically rolled up with sterile caps used in preservation.
Pumpkin jam with apples and lemon - “Citrine”
• one large lemon;
• a pound of sour apples;
• sugar - 800 gr;
• 600 gr. peeled pumpkin pulp.
1. Wash the lemon washed with boiling water and leave it for 10 minutes. From citrus aged in hot water, it is easier to squeeze the juice and its amount will be much larger.
2. Cut the fruit in half, squeeze the juice from both halves well, do not throw away the zest. Remove the remaining film from it and cut into small pieces.
3. Peel the apples, remove the seed boxes from them. Pour a couple of glasses of water over the skins and boil for a quarter of an hour, strain.
4. Prepared apple and pumpkin pulp with a special vegetable grater rub on a thin, short straw. Do not mix yet.
5. Place the straws in a wide bowl, pour in lemon juice and mix thoroughly.
6. Add shredded pumpkin and lemon zest. Pour sugar, pour in apple broth, mix well and put the bowl on moderate heat. 7. As soon as the jam boils, reduce the heat and cook 3/4 hours, stirring regularly.
Gentle pumpkin jam with apples - “Marmeladka”
• one kilogram of ripe solid apples;
• 800 gr. refined sugar;
• two small lemons;
• one kilogram of pumpkin pulp;
• two teaspoons of cinnamon pounded in a mortar.
1. Separate the pulp from the pumpkin, which contains seeds and peel. Cut the juicy flesh into cubes into cubes, add 350 ml of cold boiled water and bring to a boil over high heat. Immediately reduce heat and boil pulp for 8 minutes.
2. Cut the peeled apples into slices and place in a pan with pumpkin, pour in freshly squeezed lemon juice and continue cooking.
3. After 10 minutes, when all the pieces are well softened, leave the pan and smash its contents with a blender.
4. Add cinnamon powder and sugar to the resulting mash and mix thoroughly. On a small fire, stirring occasionally, boil the jam for four minutes and put it hot in a can.
Pumpkin jam with apples, pears and nuts - “Vanilla assorted”
• two large ripe pears;
• a pound of apples;
• pumpkin cleared of seeds and peel - 500 gr .;
• finely crushed kernels - 2 tbsp. l .;
• lemon - 1 pc .;
• 1.2 kg of crystalline sugar;
• a full glass of drinking water;
1. Cut the pumpkin in small symmetrical pieces. Pour with sugar, mix well, keep the billet overnight in a common refrigerator compartment. Do not forget to cover the container with a lid so that the pulp does not absorb extraneous odors.
2. Peel the apples and pears, cut out the middle of the fruit and cut into small slices or slices the size of pumpkin pieces.
3. After the specified time, add crushed fruit to the pumpkin, add nuts and boil at medium temperature. 4. As soon as it boils, immediately remove from heat and let cool for four hours, boil again and cool. Thus, boil the jam twice more. At the beginning of the fourth boil add lemon, cut it into small cubes, in the end - vanilla, quite a bit, literally a small pinch.
5. Pour the hot pumpkin jam over the sterilized jars and roll the lids well with a zakatom key.
Fragrant pumpkin jam with apples and citruses - “Autumn exotics”
• sugar - 800 grams;
• sweet and sour apples - 400 gr .;
• two small lemons;
• 700 gr. ripe pumpkin;
• one large orange;
• cinnamon stick.
1. Cut the pumpkin washed with water in half, select from the middle the whole fibrous pulp with seeds and cut the halves into large pieces. Carefully cut off the peel and rub the remaining firm flesh on the finest grater.
2. Similarly, grind the peeled apples. Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to the apple mass, mix well.
3. Connect malic and pumpkin mass. Pour all the sugar, stir and leave for two hours.
4. To pumpkin jam with citrus is not bitter, you need to get rid of the bitterness in the peel. To do this, pour orange and second lemon with boiling water, and leave for a quarter of an hour. After this, scrape the zest with citrus with a small trowel, peel all the white fibers from them and chop them into small cubes.
5. Add zest, cinnamon and pieces of citrus to the fruit and pumpkin mass, pour in half a glass of clean water, stir and immediately put to boil on moderate heat.
6. From the surface of boiled jam, remove the foam, reduce the heat to a minimum and leave in this mode for one hour. Do not forget to periodically stir the jam, otherwise it will burn.
Pumpkin Jam with Apples - “Chocolate Rhapsody”
• granulated sugar - 750 g .;
• 500 gr. pumpkin pulp;
• 250 gr. sweet and sour apples;
• dark cocoa powder - 75 gr .;
• a drop of mint oil;
• crushed peppermint (dried) - 2 tsp;
• 35 ml tincture of vanilla or brandy;
• a small pinch of red pepper.
1. Apples, peeling them from the skin and seeds, cut into centimeter cubes together with pumpkin pulp. Combine, add sugar, add vanilla tincture. Mix well and let stand, dissolving sugar in the released juice.
2. After that, put on the heat, boil quickly, boil for no longer than a minute and, without hesitation, set aside. Cool completely and boil twice more in the same way.
3. After the third cooking, remove the slices of pumpkin and apples from the syrup with a slotted spoon and temporarily transfer them to a separate bowl.
4. In cocoa, add ground mint, cocoa powder, mix. Continuously stirring the hot syrup, enter the mixture into it and carefully, so as not to burn yourself, beat with a mixer or a blender.
5. Bring to a boil and soak for a couple of minutes with the weakest heat, while stirring with a spatula.
6. Pour the previously laid out pieces of apples with a pumpkin, boil a minute, Add a drop of mint oil and stir thoroughly, pour into sterile half-liter jars.
7. Such jam can be stored under capron lids in the common chamber of the refrigerator or in a cold cellar for up to three months.
Pumpkin jam with apples and almonds - “Amber”
• small oranges - 2 pcs .;
• 100 gr. peeled almonds;
• three large apples;
• one kilogram of hard pumpkin pulp;
• sugar refined - 1 kg.
1. Cut pumpkin pulp into medium-sized slices or diced, peeled apples - into slices.
2. Soak the almonds for 20 minutes in hot water. Then remove, remove the softened skin from it and chop the nuts out with thin slices or finely chop with a heavy cleaver. 3. Smash the crushed apples and pumpkin flesh with a blender until you get a mushy mass. Add crushed orange peel, chopped almonds, sugar, mix.
4. Place the jam container on a small fire and boil with a slight boil until it thickens.
Pumpkin jam with apples - cooking tricks and useful tips
• Do not save, cutting off the skin of the pumpkin, make it a thick layer. Below it is an unusable layer of greenish color. If it is used in cooking, the delicacy will not only lose its color, but may also taste bitter.
• So that crushed apples do not darken, they are moistened with lemon juice and thoroughly mixed or immersed fruit pieces in water acidified with citric acid.
• When preparing pumpkin jam with apples from slices, do not stir it often so as not to damage the tender slices. You can eliminate stirring altogether, rather occasionally shaking the container slightly, the pieces mixing with the syrup themselves.
• Any kind of jam can be preserved for the winter, if it is hot packaged in clean dry containers and sealed with boiled lids for preservation.
• It is not necessary to sterilize glass containers, leave hot enough preservation until it cools completely, covered with a warm blanket or blanket, and turning it over onto lids.