Juniper (from Lat. Juníperus) is an evergreen coniferous shrub that grows in Europe, North America, the Caucasus, the Himalayas and Siberia. This dioecious plant of the cypress family became popular among people for a very long time, and it was used mostly for health purposes - for the treatment of diseases of the joints and the bronchopulmonary system. Also, from the juniper, or rather from the lumps of the bush, the Irish were preparing and still are preparing traditional vodka. In addition, the berries are used in the food industry - for salting fish and cooking smoked meats. When people learned to extract from Veres, this is also called juniper, the essential oil, and there are many times more methods of using it. Moreover, it is worth noting that phyto-essence is no worse than the initial raw material. She, like the plant itself, has a whole complex of therapeutic properties, and therefore it is widely used for medicinal and cosmetic purposes.
Description and application of juniper oil
To obtain juniper aroma oil, the traditional method is used - water-steam distillation. Manufacturers extract ether from different parts of the plant: from wood, needles and cones. Therapeutic qualities of the most endowed product of juniper berries, so you should give preference to him. Phyto-essence extracted from pine needles or wood is most often used as a disinfectant and painkiller.
Juniper essential oil has a light texture. In most cases it is transparent, but sometimes has greenish or yellowish shades. The smell of this aromatic oil is very rich and multi-layered - it exudes the aroma of woody buds and plum stones. It also has tar and smoky notes. A wide range of properties of juniper essential oil due to the incredibly rich biochemical composition. It contains more than 170 bioactive components, including organic acids, antioxidants, natural sugars, flavonoids, resins, vitamins, minerals, tannins, terpenes, borneol, terpineol, pinene, cadinene, camphen and others. Now it's worth telling what exactly juniper ether can be useful for.
- Juniper oil has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal tract. It normalizes its work, thereby relieving constipation, flatulence and colic. Also, aromatherapy oil accelerates metabolic processes and removes decomposition products and heavy metals, that is, it removes harmful toxic compounds that poison the body.
- The use of juniper essential oil is excellent for the urinary system. For this reason, it is used to treat cystitis and in the presence of stones in the bladder and kidneys.
- It is shown juniper essential oil in violation of the menstrual cycle. Moreover, it is used as an analgesic for PMS.
- Juniper phyto-essences have a strengthening effect on the immune system, that is, it increases the body's resistance to external irritants. It can be used not only as preventive, but also for medicinal purposes. With a cold, the oil has several effects at once - relieves inflammation, dilutes sputum and improves its excretion, softens the respiratory tract mucosa.
- With the help of juniper essential oil, the cardiovascular system is strengthened, as it makes blood vessels more elastic, normalizes blood pressure and alleviates the effects of hypotension - dizziness and weakness. It also treats vascular disease such as atherosclerosis with this oil.
- Juniper oil copes with edema of various origins due to activation of lymph flow.
- The favorable influence of ether on the nervous system is noted. When inhaling its vapors, stress is relieved, irritation and unreasonable anxiety disappear. In addition, attention and performance are greatly enhanced.
- Juniper essential oil belongs to the group of active natural aphrodisiacs, because it is used with reduced sexual activity.
- Highly prized juniper aroma oil in the treatment of diabetes - it lowers blood sugar levels.
- The ester ether is irreplaceable also with increased physical exertion, injuries, sprains and diseases of the joints. It relieves inflammation, reduces pain and accelerates the healing of damaged tissues.
- On the positive side, juniper oil also showed itself in the fight against dermatological pathologies. Penetrating deep into the skin, ether triggers regeneration processes, which allows it to cope with dermatosis, psoriasis, eczema and long-healing wounds. In addition, phyto-essence eliminates cosmetic problems. Through her struggle with stretch marks, cellulite and scars. It also includes facial skin care. It perfectly cleanses the skin, eliminates acne, narrows the sebaceous ducts, maintains normal moisture levels and maintains a clear face contour. Plus, the oil has antiherpes action.
- Also, juniper essential oil provides hair with complete care. It has a tonic effect on curls, as a result of which the natural shine returns to them, they cease to fall out in a large volume. And thanks to the essence dryness, itching and dandruff are eliminated.
Features of use of juniper oil
- Apply juniper essential oil strictly after allergotetest. Put some ether on the skin in the wrist or elbow area and wait for about 1 hour. In the absence of adverse events on the epidermis, oil can be used without concern for health.
- Use juniper oil 1-2 times a week for 3-4 weeks. A longer course can not be carried out, since this ether is obtained from a poisonous plant. In other words, when applying the oil for more than 1 month, you will receive more harm than good.
- When applying mixtures with juniper oil on the skin of the face, it is recommended to clean and steam the skin. In this case, cosmetics act several times better.
- Carefully observe the dosage of juniper oil in medicinal and cosmetic products. If it does not match the prescription, you can cause burns, headaches and dizziness. In its pure form, it is allowed to use ether only to combat herpes and acne. Pay attention: it is necessary to lubricate the affected skin with oil.
- Juniper oil is contraindicated in asthma, hypertension, acute kidney inflammation, diseases of the urinary system. It is also harmful to pregnant and lactating women and children under 12 years old.
How to apply Juniper Ether
Relieve the condition of the flu and colds can be through inhalation with juniper oil. Hot inhalation is as follows: in hot water, whose temperature is about 80-85 degrees, add no more than 5 drops of ether and breathe it in pairs, leaning over the container, closing your eyes and covering your head with a towel for 5-7 minutes. Cold inhalation will require a handkerchief. Apply 2 drops of aroma oil to it and inhale its vapor. Note that this procedure should not be performed at elevated body temperature. In case of malfunctions of the digestive organs, urinary and cardiovascular systems, juniper oil is used inside. To do this, mix a drop of phytoessence with 1/2 tsp of natural honey. Then dissolve the mixture in half glass of warm water. Use the solution no more than 2 times a day.
For disinfection and aromatization of air, 5 drops of juniper essential oil should be added to the aroma lamps. In aromamedallion enough to add 2 drops of oil.
To relieve the affected area of the body and remove inflammation from it, you can make compresses. Fold the gauze in several layers and saturate it with a mixture of 6 drops of ether and 2 tablespoons of any base oil. Compress attach to the sore spot, warm with polyethylene and fix. After a half hour, remove the compress.
Also with the air of juniper spend water procedures - aroma baths. To do this, dilute from 4 to 6 drops of butter in a tablespoon of milk, salt or honey. Formed composition enter the bath with warm water. Take the aroma bath 15-20 minutes. Baths with aroma oils are good for relieving fatigue, dealing with colds, improving the performance of all body systems and organs, eliminating puffiness and cellulite.
Juniper ether is actively used to enrich purchased cosmetic products. It is recommended to add aroma oil immediately before use. 1-3 drops of phyto-essences are enough for 1 serving.
Mask against oily hair
What is necessary:
- flax oil - 2 tablespoons;
- juniper essential oil - 5 drops.
How to cook:
- Bring the base oil to a warm state. This can be done through a steam or water bath.
- Then add ether to the warm linseed oil.
Mask your scalp, wrap a cellophane bag and a warm scarf over it. An hour later, wash off the composition in the usual way. Penetrating into the skin, the mask acts on the sebaceous glands - reduces sebum production. In addition, it relieves the skin of the head from dirt and dandruff.
Anti-inflammatory mask for face skin
What is necessary:
- egg white - 1 pc .;
- lemon and juniper ethers - 1 drop each.
How to cook:
- Essential oils are mixed with whipped egg white in foam.
When applied to the epidermis, keep for a quarter of an hour. After the specified period, wash with cool water. This cosmetic composition suppresses inflammation and accelerates the healing of acne. Plus, the components of the mask reduce the secretion of the sebaceous glands, narrow their ducts and produce a deep cleansing of the skin. In other words, the mixture described deals with all the major problems of oily skin.
If you strictly follow all the instructions, the essential oil of juniper will show all its natural power, which nature has endowed it with, and will help you to maintain health and beauty for many years.