Soft and sweet Philadelphia cheese resembles cream and is in itself a ready-made dessert. It can be mixed with berries, fruit supplements, pour over syrup or chocolate and served to a sweet table. “Philadelphia” can replace mascarpone for tiramisu, as well as serve as a filling for other desserts.
In the following version of the preparation of this cheese, sweet milk is pasteurized (and at home it just boils) and mixed with a small amount of kefir. Under the action of lactic acid from kefir, hot milk coagulates and it remains only to separate the whey to get the basis for “Philadelphia”. Adding eggs, in principle, is not necessary, but they give a beautiful color and the necessary thickness.
- medium-fat milk - 250 ml;
- sugar and salt to taste;
- kefir - 100 ml;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- egg - 2 pcs .;
1. To start boiling milk, stirring constantly. Add salt and sugar to milk to taste: depends on it, more sweet or salty will be the cheese at the exit.
2. Remove the milk from the stove and pour kefir at room temperature into it, gently stirring the mixture.
3. We continue to stir until the milk is curdled and the curd mass is not obtained.
4. We shift the mixture to a colander, previously lined with gauze or towel. We collect the serum under a colander and continue to stir the mixture.
5. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice out of one half.
6. We break two eggs into a plate and add to lemon juice.
7. Beat the egg mixture until smooth and begin to gently introduce warm curd mass. You should have a creamy smooth mass.
8. The curd mass should be cooled in the refrigerator and allowed to infuse for at least 10 hours.
9. You can serve this exquisite dessert to the table, decorated with fruit.