Sour milk can be used not only in baking.
It makes wonderful cheese.
And recipes for its preparation a huge amount.
Do not let good disappear?
Sour milk cheese - general principles of cooking
For cheese, you can use just acidified milk or dried yogurt. The final products will differ among themselves, but only slightly. Salt, eggs, sour cream, cottage cheese, butter are usually added to milk. Sometimes they add soda, lemon juice, vinegar and other ingredients that accelerate the separation of whey or provoke the melting of the product.
All sour milk cheeses need to be decanted. To do this, use several layers of gauze. The prepared mass is poured into it, left for a while. If the recipe requires, then put the oppression. The load makes the cheese more dense, not like cottage cheese.
Sour milk cheese with egg
A simple recipe for sour milk cheese at home. A wonderful way to identify unclaimed sour milk.
• 1 liter of milk;
1. Break an egg into a bowl, throw a pinch of salt, beat with a fork.
2. Connect the egg and sour milk, stir, pour into a saucepan.
3. Put the mixture on the stove, begin to heat. Stir, not far away.
4. As soon as the egg and milk begin to fold, the whey will disappear, remove the pan from the heat. Give stand for half an hour.
5. Cover 4 layers of gauze in a colander, pour the mixture.
6. Raise up the edges, decanting serum.
7. We put on the cheese oppression, leave for two hours. The longer the cheese lies under the yoke, the harder and drier it will turn out.
Sour milk cheese at home with sour cream
A variant of another simple cheese with eggs, which turns out to be fatter and very similar in taste to Suluguni. Sour cream use any, but not less than 20%. By the way, it can also be acidified, it is not necessary to use a fresh product.
Ingredients • 2 liters of sour milk;
• 6 eggs;
• 400 g sour cream;
• 1.5 tablespoons of salt.
1. Put a saucepan with milk on a small fire.
2. In a bowl, break all six eggs, add salt to them. If you do not want to get a very salty product, then put less salt.
3. Shift sour cream to the eggs, whip together. You can use a whisk or a mixer.
4. Pour the egg mixture to start the warm milk.
5. All thoroughly stir, you can add fire.
6. Cook the cheese until the whey separates.
7. Tilt the mixture into cheesecloth, let the serum drain.
8. Tying loose ends, putting a small yoke, letting the cheese get stronger within a few hours.
9. Remove the gauze, use the prepared product for sandwiches and other dishes.
Sour-milk and curd cheese
Variant of sour milk curd cheese, in which curd is needed. It is better to take a gentle, fatty product.
• liter of sour milk;
• 300 grams of cottage cheese;
• 1 egg;
• 1 pinch of soda;
• 0.5 tsp. salt.
1. Mix cottage cheese with milk. If the product is grained, you can grind.
2. Add soda, egg and salt. Mix well, leave for half an hour.
3. We put on the stove, begin to warm up, but do not let the mixture boil.
4. As soon as the whey leaves the flakes, we throw the preheated mixture back into gauze in a colander.
5. After draining the main part of the whey put on the cheese oppression.
Sour-milk cheese at home with dill and garlic
Another recipe for natural cheese from sour milk at home. This product is distinguished by the extraordinary aroma of garlic and beautiful views of green dill. If there are no fresh twigs, you can add dried dill.
• 2 liters of sour milk;
• 3 tablespoons sour cream;
• 2 eggs;
• 1 tsp. with a mountain of salt;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 1 bunch of dill.
1. Whip sour cream with eggs and salt until smooth.
2. Connect with sour milk, stir, swap on the stove.
3. Heat, stir.
4. Remove from heat as soon as the whey is gone. Leave on the table to cool the mass to a warm state. 5. During this time, chop finely dill or take a teaspoon of dried herbs.
6. Peel the garlic. Also chop finely. Or skip teeth through the press.
7. Add garlic with dill to the cooled mixture, stir.
8. Drain into gauze bag, hang for half an hour for the discharge of serum.
9. Put in a colander, set a small pressure for two hours.
Sour-milk cream cheese
A variant of very tender cheese made of sour milk with lemon juice, which can be used for various desserts, sweet creams, salty and spicy spreads for sandwiches. The beauty of the recipe is that this cheese does not require warm processing.
• 800 ml of fatty sour milk;
• 200 ml sour cream 10%;
• 1 pinch of salt;
• 1 tsp. lemon juice.
1. Combine all the ingredients of the cheese, mix thoroughly.
2. We take a large piece of gauze, turn at least eight layers. You can use a thin cotton fabric.
3. we lay in a colander.
4. Pour the whole mass. You don't need to heat anything.
5. Colander put on a bowl or an empty saucepan. Top cover with a lid, send the structure in the fridge for a day.
6. We open, we estimate a consistence of cheese. It should be creamy, and the whey will remain in the saucepan.
Spicy mass for sour milk cheese sandwiches
Curd cheese from sour milk is great for making sandwiches. Spicy pasta recipe.
• 200 g homemade cheese;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 0.2 tsp. red pepper;
• 3 sprigs of dill;
• 2 tablespoons sour cream;
1. Grind dill and garlic, mix with sour cream.
2. Add hot pepper to them, put salt to taste.
3. Mix curd cheese with spicy sour cream, bring the mass to homogeneity.
4. Pasta is ready! Use for sandwiches. Store in the refrigerator for no more than a day.
Sour-milk cheese roll
A variant of the amazing pita bread roll made from pita bread. Curd cheese easily solves the problem of filling, allows you to cook it very quickly.
Ingredients • 1 pita;
• 2 cucumbers;
• 250 grams of cheese;
• 50 grams of sour cream;
• 1 bunch of greens;
• salt, pepper and garlic.
1. Dice cucumbers fresh, put in a bowl for a while.
2. Put the cheese in another bowl, add sour cream and garlic cloves. Mass need pepper, salt. Stir in salty cream.
3. Chop the greens. You can take onion, dill, parsley or a mixture of all these species.
4. Unfold the pita bread on a flat surface.
5. We smear a layer of salty cream.
6. Sprinkle with fresh cucumbers, greens.
7. Wrap the lavash roll, leave in the refrigerator for half an hour.
8. We get, cut into pieces of 2-3 centimeters. You can just stripe across or at an angle obliquely.
9. We shift the rolls on a plate with greens, served to the table.
Peppers stuffed with sour milk cheese
For such a dish is best to use peppers of different colors, it will turn out much more beautiful and interesting.
• 3 peppers;
• 180 grams of cheese;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 1 boiled egg;
• 2 sprigs of parsley;
• 1 fresh cucumber.
1. Chop the cheese. Add to it chopped greens.
2. Put the egg, grated finely, add the garlic and salt. For sharpness, you can throw a little pepper.
3. Cut finely cucumber, also add to the filling.
4. Peppers are washed, free the inside of the seed. It is better to take three different colors to get the “Traffic Light”.
5. Fill the cavity with peppers cooked salad. We remove in the refrigerator for freezing.
6. After two hours, the filling will get stronger, we get peppers.
7. Cut into rings across. Thickness more than one centimeter is not done.
8. Decorate the plate with lettuce leaves, lay out multi-colored pieces of pepper with a filling.
Pancakes with salmon and cheese from sour milk “Rolls”
The recipe for chic pancakes with sour milk curd cheese. It is not necessary to use salmon, you can take another red fish.
• 1 egg;
• a glass of milk;
• a glass of flour;
• salt, sugar;
• some oil;
• 250 grams of cheese;
• 70 grams of mayonnaise;
• 1 clove of garlic;
• 5 sprigs of parsley; • 100 g red fish;
• 1 cucumber.
1. Cooking dough for pancakes. Beat the egg, put a pinch of salt, throw half a teaspoon of sugar, add flour and milk. We break all the lumps with a whisk.
2. Bake ordinary pancakes on a griddle, leave to cool. It will turn out 3-4 pieces, depending on the diameter of the pan.
3. Cooking cream filling. To do this, stir the cheese curd with garlic and mayonnaise, season with chopped greens.
4. Cucumbers cut into strips long, as for classic rolls.
5. Fish is also cut into strips.
6. We grease pancakes with cheese.
7. At the edge nearest to you we lay out a row of fish and strips of cucumber.
8. Fold the rolls, leave the blank for ten minutes.
9. Use a sharp knife to cut the rolls into pieces of two centimeters. Served on plates, putting in a batch of 8 pieces.
Sour milk cheese - tips and tricks
• If the cheese milk is not completely sour, you can speed up the process. Slightly heat the spoiled product, add lemon juice, a little acid dry, a couple of drops of vinegar or a spoonful of sour cream. Leave on the table in a warm room, the process of souring will go much faster.
• Cheese fat and taste are directly dependent on milk. Do not use for cooking low-calorie foods. The cheese will be dry, tasteless, the output will be small.
• Sour milk is prone to burning. Therefore, for cooking you need to use a non-stick pan, and stir the mixture regularly in the heating process.
• You can add not only salt to the cheese, but also sugar, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon, chocolate, different types of pepper, and turmeric.