Vegetables can be combined in a variety of combinations, each time discovering a new taste. Therefore, the recipe for vegetable stew in the world there are so many. In winter, it is prepared from some vegetables, in the summer - from others. In our summer and autumn season, vegetable stew with eggplants and zucchini is the most popular with our compatriots. Whatever recipe of this dish is chosen, it turns out juicy, tender, fragrant. In addition, these vegetables give the dish satiety, without increasing its caloric content, due to the high content of fiber in them.
Do not think that everyone can cook vegetable stews and for this it is not necessary to know the peculiarities of the technology. In fact, it is not. Without adhering to a few simple, but nonetheless important rules, tasty and beautiful eggplant and zucchini vegetable stew will not work. However, these rules are not classified, and any hostess can learn about them.
- Eggplants contain corned beef in their composition. This substance is harmful, and it also gives the "blue" bitter taste. Therefore, before cooking eggplant stew, they must be cleaned of corned beef. Make it help to salt, which “pulls” the corned beef. It is enough to hold the eggplants in salted water (10 g of salt per 1 liter) for 20 minutes or sprinkle them with salt for this time. Of course, after this eggplant must be well washed, so that they are not over-salted.
- Young zucchini can be used for vegetable stew without prior preparation - they just need to wash and dry. But ripe zucchini must be cleaned from the skin and seeds. The peel is easily removed by a peeler. Seeds are easy to clean with a spoon, cutting the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- An important rule when cooking vegetable stews is to follow the correct ordering sequence for the product. The first to put solid vegetables, the last - the most delicate.
- If the vegetables are pre-fry, they will better keep their shape in the stew and become more delicious. They are usually fried separately or in small groups with similar characteristics. After that, they can already be safely put in a cauldron and put out until readiness.
- If meat is included in the stew, it is fried a little longer and laid first, as this product cooks longer vegetables.
- It is best to stew the stew in dishes with thick walls that retain heat well. In particular, it is a cauldron, utyatnitsa. No less successful would be the idea to cook vegetable stew from zucchini and eggplant in a slow cooker.
The technology of cooking vegetable stew may be partially dependent on a specific recipe, therefore, the instructions contained in it should not be neglected.
Classic recipe for vegetable stew with eggplants and zucchini
- zucchini - 0.5 kg;
- eggplants - 0.5 kg;
- tomatoes - 0.5 kg;
- carrots - 0, 3 kg;
- onions - 0, 3 kg;
- greens, salt, pepper - to taste;
- cinnamon - a pinch;
- vegetable oil - how much will leave.
Method of preparation:
- Peel the eggplants, cut into cubes of about 1 cm.
- Dip the eggplant slices in salted water for 20 minutes, rinse in running water and pat dry with paper napkins.
- Wash tomatoes and cut into cubes. If you want the stew to be more tender, it is better to clean the tomatoes beforehand. To do this, you need to make a cross-cut on them, then lower the vegetables into boiling water for just a couple of minutes. After you take out the boiling water and cool the tomatoes, they are easy to clean.
- Peel the carrots and cut them into slices about 3 mm thick. If the diameter of the carrot is large, it is advisable to cut it into semicircles or even quarters of circles.
- Free the onions from the husk and cut them into small pieces.
- Wash squash, blot with a towel. If necessary, clean them of seeds and peel. Slice zucchini pieces of the same size and shape as eggplants.
- In a cauldron, heat some oil and fry the eggplants in it for 5 minutes.
- Place carrots on eggplants, squash on it, sprinkle onions on top. Top with the tomatoes.
- Cover the cauldron with a lid, reduce fire under it. Simmer the vegetables on low heat, stirring occasionally, until all the vegetables are soft. But do not overdo the stew on the fire so that it does not turn into a shapeless mass.
Before serving the vegetable stew to the table, sprinkle it with fresh greens. So it will look more beautiful and will get even more seductive aroma.
Vegetable stew with eggplants and zucchini in a slow cooker
- eggplants - 0, 4 kg;
- zucchini - 0, 4 kg;
- potatoes - 0, 4 kg;
- sweet pepper - 0, 4 kg;
- tomatoes - 0, 3 kg;
- carrots - 150 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- salt, pepper - to taste;
- vegetable oil - 20 ml.
Method of preparation:
- Eggplants peel. Cut each lengthwise into 4 parts, salt from all sides and set aside.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes of about 1 cm.
- Peel zucchini seeds and skins. If you have young zucchini with delicate skin, it is not necessary to clean them. Cut the flesh into small cubes. It is desirable that in size they coincide with potato cubes.
- Rinse the eggplants in running water. Drain them with paper napkins. Cut into cubes of the same size as other vegetables.
- Peel and chop the carrots on a grater using a side with large holes.
- Boil the tomatoes and peel. Pulp through a sieve or chop using a blender.
- Finely chop the garlic with a knife.
- Wash peppers. Cut off their stalks. Remove seeds from inside. Pulp cut into small cubes. Stew will look more appetizing, if the peppers take a different color.
- Remove the onion from the onion, cut it into thin half rings.
- Pour oil into the multicooker bowl, place the onion in it. Start the unit by selecting the “Frying” program for 15 minutes. If such a program in your technique is not available, select the program "Baking".
- After 5 minutes, add potatoes, after another 5 minutes - eggplants.
- When the frying program finishes, add pepper, zucchini and carrots to the slow cooker. Pour tomato puree. Start the unit by activating the “Quenching” program for 40 minutes.
- 10 minutes before the end of the program, add chopped garlic to the slow cooker, salt and pepper the dish, and mix.
- After the Quenching program is completed, leave the vegetable stew in heating mode for 10-15 minutes.
Vegetable stew prepared according to this recipe is very beautiful and fragrant.
Vegetable stew with eggplants and zucchini - a hearty dish that can be served on the second or used as a side dish. Almost all meat dishes and sausages go well with it.