Berry jam is widely used in cooking due to its delicate but thick texture. They are sandwiched with cake cakes and biscuits, poured over ice cream and pancakes, spread on toast and served in vases for tea. Some options can be used as a sauce for meat, poultry. Raspberry confiture is no exception. Its bright color and pleasant taste are few who can leave indifferent. Thrifty housewives do not miss the chance to prepare this dessert for the winter.
The preparation of raspberry confiture has a certain specificity, but this process is not complicated. Even an inexperienced cook will cope with the task if he knows a few moments.
- Malina is often affected by insects. To get rid of their larvae, the berry is immersed in salted water for 20 minutes - bugs will emerge. It remains to wash and dry the berries, clean the stalks.
- Usually, jam is prepared with pieces of berries or fruits, but raspberries have many small bones. When they get caught in jam, they get stuck in their teeth and spoil the pleasure of using it. Therefore, some housewives prefer to make raspberry jam of raspberry juice. To obtain it, the berry is boiled for a short time in a small amount of water, rubbed through a sieve or wrung out through gauze folded in several layers.
- When using juice, but not whole berries, sugar takes more, otherwise it will be difficult to thicken to the desired consistency.
- Confiture has a more delicate texture than jam, it is more like thick jam. There is little pectin in raspberries, but it can be boiled down to the required thickness, if you have patience and do not regret sugar. Wanting to save time and effort, the housewives use in the preparation of confiture from raspberry gelling substances, which include gelfix, pectin, gelatin. When applying them, it is recommended to pay attention to the instructions on the packaging, as the consistency and composition of these products may be different.
- If you are cooking seedless confiture, you will have cake. Do not throw it away. Add sugar, cover with warm water, strain after 20 minutes and cool. You will get a delicious refreshing fruit drink.
- In order for the confiture to be transparent, the foam that forms during boiling should be removed. It is as tasty as the future confiture, it can be served for tea.
- When preparing raspberry jam for the winter, fold it over the sterilized jars, roll it with sterilized metal lids. Otherwise, the dessert will quickly spoil.
The storage conditions for raspberry confiture depend on the recipe used to prepare it. It usually stands well at room temperature.
Classic raspberry confiture recipe
Composition (2 liters):
- raspberry - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1, 25 kg;
- water - 0, 25 l.
- Go through the raspberries. Soak for 20 minutes in salted water, drain the water.
- Rinse the berries in a large container filled with clean water. Drop it in a colander, let it dry.
- Transfer to enamel basin or similar container. It is only important that the dishes are not made of aluminum, which, upon contact with acids, forms harmful substances.
- Pour the berry with three glasses of sugar, cover with gauze, leave for an hour.
- Add a glass of water, put it on the stove. Over medium heat bring to a boil. Cook for 5-10 minutes, removing the foam until it stops forming on the surface.
- Add the remaining sugar, mix with a spatula.
- Reduce heat and reduce the berry mass to the consistency of thick jam.
- Sterilize the jars and their lids.
- Fill the jars with confiture, cork them tightly.
After the jars of confiture have cooled, you can put them in a pantry or other place where supplies are usually kept in your home for the winter.
Raspberry Confiture with Gelatin
Composition (2 liters):
- raspberry - 1 kg;
- sugar - 1, 5 kg;
- water - 0, 5 l;
- gelatin - 30 g.
- Berries, having touched, washed and dried, pour a glass of water, put on a slow fire.
- After boiling water, boil the raspberries for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain the liquid formed during the raspberry cooking process, wipe the berry through a sieve. Mix juice with expressed broth. Add sugar, mix.
- Put on a slow fire, reduce for half an hour.
- Dissolve the gelatin in a glass of pure water, pour into the confiture, mix.
- After 2 minutes, remove the container of confiture from the stove, distribute it in sterilized jars, roll them up.
- Cover jars of confiture with a blanket so that they cool down slowly.
Ready-made raspberry jam made according to this recipe can be stored at room temperature. There are no pits in it, so it turns out tender and appetizing.
Raspberry confiture for meat
The composition (0, 5 l):
- raspberry - 0, 5 kg;
- brown sugar - 0, 25 kg;
- water - 50 ml;
- agar-agar - 10 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- salt - a large shchipot;
- rosemary - 2-3 sprigs.
- Rinse the raspberries, free them from the twigs, waiting for them to dry.
- Crush the berry with a blender and squeeze through folded gauze.
- Add sugar to the resulting juice, mix.
- Put on the fire, bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes, removing the foam.
- Mix agar-agar with water, bring to a boil, remove from heat.
- Chop the garlic as finely as possible with a knife or pass through a press.
- Put garlic and sprigs of rosemary in confiture. Continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- Take out the rosemary, pour in the liquid with the agar-agar, mix well so that there are no lumps.
- Cook another minute and remove from heat.
- Spread the sauce over sterilized glass jars, seal tightly.
Provided the containers are sealed, confiture can be stored at room temperature. If the sauce is bottled with screwcaps, it is better to put it in the fridge - there it will surely not deteriorate. The confiture made according to this recipe can be served with meat and poultry dishes, as well as with cheeses.
Raspberry confiture can be different. Some options are an exquisite dessert, others - liquid seasoning. They are prepared in different ways, but the general principles of the organization of this process will be identical. Knowing them, even inexperienced hostess can cope with the preparation of raspberry confiture.