Pea soup is a tasty dish with a lot of different cooking variations.
Moreover, each time it is obtained in a new way.
Especially fragrant, hearty and rich comes pea soup with beef.
Pea Beef Soup - Basic Cooking Principles
The main ingredients of the soup with peas and beef are beef meat and the peas themselves. Any piece of meat is suitable for cooking. To make the soup nourishing, with concentrated broth it is best to take places with fatty streaks or ribs. For diet pea soup fit the flesh. Also use ground beef, smoked beef ribs.
The meat is washed and boiled until cooked, after which it is cut and spread into the already filtered broth.
Peas are mainly used dry: whole or split. It is pre-washed and soaked for several hours - it speeds up the process of cooking peas and makes it softer and softer. It is also permissible to use green peas for cooking pea soup with beef: fresh, frozen, canned. In this case, the taste of the soup will not be so familiar, but quite tasty and interesting.
In addition, vegetable stewing is put into the soup, mainly of onions and carrots. But there are some recipes where tomatoes, sweet peppers, celery, and leeks are added to the dish.
To make the soup more satisfying, we add medium-sized sliced potatoes, although without it the dish turns out to be very tasty.
The spices in the dish are used in a minimum amount, put only salt and ground black or white pepper. Spicy food lovers can add garlic or chili pepper.
Pea soup with beef with fresh herbs and breadcrumbs is served.
Recipe 1: Pea Beef Soup
• 700-800 grams of beef on the bone. • 180 grams of dry split peas;
• five tubers of potatoes;
• salt, a mixture of peppers;
• oil for roasting.
1. Pour into a large saucepan three liters of cold water, lay out thoroughly washed meat. Give boil, remove the foam, put a little salt. Cook the meat until cooked. Typically, the cooking time depends on the size of the pieces and the age of the cattle; cooking takes from an hour to an hour and a half.
2. We take out the finished meat, filter the broth.
3. Put the washed split peas into the broth, boil it on low heat for about 20 minutes until softened.
4. Meanwhile, peel the potatoes, cut the tubers into small cubes. Shred carrots on a medium grater, chop the onion, separate the meat from the bone and cut into slices.
5. Send onions to the oil heated in a frying pan, fry for a couple of minutes until golden brown, add carrots and meat. Pour in a third of a glass of broth, simmer the ingredients, lightly salted, until fully cooked.
6. Add potatoes to softened peas, boil for 5 minutes after boiling, then add vegetable fried with meat.
7. Try the pea soup with beef to taste, if there is not enough salt - add some salt to the dish.
8. Season the soup with a mixture of peppers, put chopped greens. Cook all together from 3 to 8 minutes until cooked potatoes.
9. Before serving, let the dish infuse for some time.
Recipe 2: Pea Soup in Beef Broth with Smoked Chicken
• 3 liters of beef broth;
• 300 grams of peas;
• half a kilo of smoked chicken;
• three cloves of garlic;
• onions, carrots - 1 pc .;
• croutons for serving;
• salt, greens, sunflower oil.
1. Fill for two or three hours with cold water and thoroughly washed peas. After the allotted time, the liquid is drained, the beans are rinsed again and put in boiling broth. Cook with a tightly closed lid on a quiet fire for 30 minutes. 2. Peel and chop the onion, chop the carrot on a fine grater, fry the vegetables in butter until an appetizing blush.
3. We spread the aromatic frying to the ready peas, here we also put salt, spices, chopped greens.
4. After 5 minutes of cooking, put smoked chicken into the soup, cut into small pieces.
5. Cook another 2-3 minutes, remove the soup from the fire.
6. Serve pea soup with breadcrumbs, grated with chopped garlic. If you do not have ready-made crackers, you can dry the diced bread in the oven.
Recipe 3: Pea Soup with Beef and Tomatoes
• a pound of beef ribs;
• 200-220 grams of peas (preferably crushed);
• three potatoes;
• three large tomatoes;
• garlic and spices to taste;
• vegetable oil;
• leaves of dill and parsley.
1. Cut the ribs along the bones. Put them in the pan, preheating a small amount of oil on it. Quickly fry on high heat from all sides, so that the crust grabs, and the meat itself does not have time to put the juice, so the beef will remain juicy from the inside.
2. Put the roasted meat in a saucepan, pour over two liters of boiling water, boil the meat for 30-40 minutes.
3. Add the peas, cook for 20 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes, put salt and spices to taste, mix. Cook until the potatoes are soft.
5. At this time, in a frying pan, where the ribs were fried, fry the shredded onions until soft, add the chopped tomatoes. Lightly add salt to the stir fry, simmer until cooked, at the very end of cooking add chopped garlic and finely chopped greens.
6. Send the tomato fry to the pan to the rest of the already prepared ingredients, boil the soup for a couple of minutes, if necessary, add more salt, put the bay leaf.
7. Turn off the gas, pour the soup into plates.
Recipe 4: Pea Soup with Fresh Pea Beef
• 450-500 grams of beef;
• onions, carrots;
• three or four potatoes;
• Bell pepper;
• salt, spices;
• 350-400 grams of fresh green peas.
1. Pour the washed meat with two liters of water, cook the beef until ready. After we take out the meat, cool it and cut it into small cubes.
2. In the strained broth lay out sliced potatoes, sliced meat, add salt and spices. Cook for 10-12 minutes.
3. In a small frying pan, fry chopped onion, grated carrots and chopped peppers to a ruddy color. Pour in a little broth or water, stew until vegetables are ready.
4. Put fresh green peas in the pan with the finished meat and potatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add fry, mix, put more salt to taste, if necessary.
6. Bring soup to a boil, turn off the gas.
Recipe 5: Pea Beef Cream Soup
• 500 grams of beef ribs;
• 300 grams of peas;
• one or two leek stalks;
• 200 grams of bacon;
• two small bulbs;
• greens, spices.
1. Put the peas in a bowl, rinse, pour water for 6 hours - if it is round, and for 2 - if crushed.
2. Drain the liquid, wash the peas thoroughly and put them in the pot for cooking the soup.
3. Pour in about 2.5 liters of water, boil the peas until soft.
4. Remove the skins from the smoked ribs, separate the meat of the smoked beef from the bones and chop finely. Half add to the peas, the second half is left for submission.
5. Fry in butter finely chopped onions and leeks, and shredded carrots. Shifts fried in soup.
6. Cook the soup for about 10 minutes, add spices and salt, stir, remove the pan from the heat.
7. Insist the soup for 15 minutes, then we mash with an immersion blender. 8. Bring the pea cream soup to a boil, lay it out on plates.
9. We put smoked beef and fried bacon slices in the soup.
10. Decorate with greens.
Recipe 6: Pea Soup with Beef Meatballs
• 400 grams of ground beef;
• 400 grams of potatoes;
• carrots, onions;
• 200 grams of peas;
• spices, salt, green onions.
1. Fill the pre-soaked pea with two liters of water, set the pan on the fire.
2. While peas are being cooked, we pass the finely chopped onion and grated carrots until soft.
3. Put the diced potatoes and fry to the half-cooked peas. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. We form small meatballs from well-washed minced beef, put them into boiling soup.
5. Add salt and spices, cook for 7-8 minutes.
6. Serve, sprinkled with rings of green onions.
Recipe 7: Pea Beef Soup in a Multicooker
• pound of beef to the bone;
• 2-3 potatoes;
• a glass of split peas;
• carrots, onions;
• greens, vegetable oil, salt, spices.
1. On the “Frying” mode, bring the chopped vegetables to softness: onions and carrots. Putting the fry to the side.
2. Put the washed meat in the bowl, pour boiling water. Cook for 1 hour in the “Soup” mode.
3. Remove the meat, throw out the bones, and cut the flesh into cubes.
4. Filter the broth, wash the bowl.
5. Pour broth into a clean multi-bowl, spread peas, chopped potatoes, fry, meat, spices and salt.
6. Cooking, setting the mode “Quenching”, 1.5 hours.
7. 10-15 minutes before the sound signal, add chopped greens.
Pea Beef Soup - Tricks and Tips
• If you use beef ribs to make soup, choose meaty parts. When choosing, pay attention to the color and smell of meat. From the ribs should come a light unobtrusive smoked flavor, and the color should match the beef. • If you are cooking from fresh meat, take either chilled or steamed beef. Soup from such meat turns out especially tasty.
• In order for the peas to turn out soft and easy to boil, salt the soup at the very end of cooking.
• To speed up the cooking process, it is best to soak the peas in advance.
• If you put tomatoes or tomato paste in a browning, then it is best to add the frying to the soup at the end. Tomatoes also slow down the process of cooking legumes.
• If you like the peas to be boiled soft in the soup, add a third of the spoon of soda.
• When cooking puree soups, you can chop all the ingredients, or bring only peas and vegetables to puree, and leave the beef to serve.
• If you put bay leaves in the soup, remove them after 10-15 minutes of infusion, otherwise you will get soup with laurel-like bitterness instead of a light aroma.
• A piece of grated melted cheese, put on a plate before serving, will give the creamy aroma to the pea soup with beef.
• Shredded sausages added at the end of cooking: sausages, smoked sausages, will give the dish a special savory taste.
• Fresh herbs served to the finished soup will give the dish freshness and flavor.
• Especially tasty is pea soup with beef with crackers, home-made croutons.