The cream soup is a thick cream made from blender-milled vegetables, meat, fish or cereals.
Due to its composition and consistency, it is easily digested and leaves no feeling of heaviness, therefore it is perfect for dietary or baby food.
Cauliflower as a base is used much more often than its classic white relative.
The reason is not only refined taste, but also of increased nutritional value with a minimum of calories. Various ingredients, such as: crackers, mushrooms, herbs, bacon, etc. - able to become a great addition to cauliflower puree soup, decorating not only the appearance, but also the taste.
Cauliflower Cream Soup: Basic Principles
The basic principle of making cauliflower puree soup is the following: vegetables and meat (if provided for by the recipe) are boiled or stewed, piled together and ground. The ingredients may vary, but the basis is usually the same. This is a cauliflower in combination with a host of other vegetables: potatoes, carrots, onions, various kinds of seasoning, as well as butter, full-fat milk or cream.
1. Peel the onion heads and potatoes. Rinse cabbage, separate bunches from each other. Choose a pot with the thickest bottom.
2. Chop the onion and cook it in a saucepan, stewing in butter, achieving softness.
3. Add other vegetables, pour in water - enough to cover them with the top - and cook for half an hour.
4. Pour broth into a glass. Grind vegetables with a blender and dilute with broth. Next, add harvested spices, garlic, parsley or dill.
5. Return the mixture to the pan, heat along with the cream. Do not boil. Then you can add to the soup all that your heart desires. As a rule, it is rye crackers.
Delicate cauliflower cream soup
This is the classic and fastest recipe for soup. It does not contain any additional ingredients, except those that form the basis of the dish. This cauliflower puree soup can perfectly complement the menu of those who are worried about their weight. Ingredients:
• broth based on meat or just water - one and a half to two liters;
• cauliflower forks;
• a handful of flour;
• melted butter;
• egg yolks;
• salt, a mixture of dry peppers with nutmeg, if desired.
1. To clear inflorescences. Boil until soft and broth appear. The resulting broth does not completely pour out - it will be needed to regulate the thickness of the future soup. Grind the cabbage with a blender. If there is broth from meat - add.
2. Mix butter and flour melted in a pan. Heat to avoid boiling. Add water or broth and mix thoroughly. Pour the yolks, making sure that the protein does not fall, as well as seasoning.
3. All components are mixed and put on the stove. As soon as the soup gets hot, it's ready. You can eat it like this, or you can add rye croutons.
Cheesy cauliflower cream soup
Soft cheese is added to this soup. Best suited “Philadelphia”, however, you can find more low-cost counterparts. In principle, any curd cheese will be suitable, as well as cheese. From the number of products indicated in the recipe, four middle portions of the finished soup are obtained.
• small cabbage forks. This is about 500 g;
• three medium potatoes;
• some flour;
• 100 or 200 grams of “Philadelphia”;
• a glass of cream. You can take full fat milk;
• a mixture of peppers, nutmeg, bay leaf, salt - an amateur;
1. Onion fry until it acquires transparency.
2. Cut the potatoes into slices and fry with onions. At the end, fill the mixture with flour.
3. Pour the prepared vegetables into the freshly boiled broth. Put cheese there and boil again. Put the cauliflower, pre-dividing it into small bunches. Add spices and cook vegetables until tender.
4. Take out the bay leaf, grind everything else, adding cream gradually.
5. Warm up on fire, but do not boil. The dish can be laid out on plates.
Cauliflower Cream Soup with Bacon Slices, Chicken Meat and Green Peas
Another name for this soup is “velute”. In the French, in classic velute cuisine, it is a sauce. In our country, he received a second birth and became a separate hot dish. Together cauliflowers here sometimes use a variety of broccoli, however, we must take into account its specific taste. In the standard version - with cauliflower - cream soup comes out tender and very fragrant. Ingredients:
• cabbage - a small head of cabbage. Weight - no more than a kilogram;
• chicken breast or ham - 1-2 pcs. Replaced chicken can be minced;
• pickled peas - one third of a can;
• vegetable (preferably olive) oil;
• salt and other spices
1. Prepare chicken meat and divide it into small pieces together with bacon;
2. Boil cauliflower inflorescences, do not pour out the broth.
3. All this grind in a blender, adding cream.
4. Fry bacon by adding garlic. At the end, add peas there.
5. Puree soup divided into portions. Peas and bacon bits are placed separately directly into the plates.
Chicken cauliflower soup cooked in a slow cooker
According to this recipe, similar to the previous one, broccoli can replace cauliflower. In this case, potatoes are added to the slow cooker. Also, broccoli and cauliflower get along together perfectly, especially if you take them in the same proportions. Poultry meat for this soup fits any: from both the legs and the sirloin.
• chicken - half a kilogram;
• as much cabbage;
• two carrots;
• greens, pepper, various, salt - to the amateur.
1. Grind carrots on a grater, chop onions.
2. Fry the meat.
3. Fold meat and all vegetables in a slow cooker. Pour with seasoned water. It should completely cover the mixture.
4. Cook on the mode of “Quenching”. If the time is not determined automatically, put 40-50 minutes.
5. Drain broth, vegetables and fresh greens chop to a state of mashed potatoes. Regulate the density of broth or water. Cream of cauliflower is cooked. To complete the taste, you can add crackers.
Cream of cauliflower and whiting
The combination of cabbage and fish varieties may seem rather doubtful to many. However, this is not the case. Due to its delicate and in many respects neutral (as opposed to broccoli or white) taste, cauliflower complements fish well. The finished dish is practically odorless.
• cauliflower - medium sized forks;
• carrot; • half a kilo whiting. You can substitute other fish with white meat;
• fish broth;
• small onion;
• vegetable and butter;
• a few spoons of flour;
• seasonings and spices.
1. Peel and chop the fish and simmer for about 20 minutes in a frying pan with the lid closed.
2. Cut onions and carrots. Half fry separately, simmer half with fish. There put all the spices.
3. Boil the cauliflower. It should be soft. At the end add the carrot-onion fry.
4. All the ingredients folded in one container and grind with the help of a blender. Put on the fire and cook for a few more minutes.
5. Put the flour, achieve the desired consistency using fish broth. Boil.
Cauliflower soup with meatballs
You can cook this soup for babies almost from the first days of feeding. It completely lacks spices, if you wish, you can not even add salt. However, it is also suitable for adults - because there is meat. Veal mincemeat is taken by default, but you can make patties from any meat or even chicken.
• minced veal for meatballs;
• small carrot or half the usual;
• cauliflower - 300 g;
• long loaf or white bread;
• potatoes - one big or two small;
• optional - salt and different types of greens.
1. Soak bread, mix with chopped onion and knead with minced meat. If desired, salt. Sculpt the meatballs.
2. Prepare carrot-potato cubes.
3. Boil the water, put the meatballs down for a couple of minutes and remove. They will brew.
4. Change the water, boil again and put vegetables with meatballs there. Then get them, and chop vegetables to mashed potatoes.
5. Mix everything together. Spices and greens will help to achieve full flavor.
Mushroom cauliflower cream soup with rice and potatoes
This soup has a high nutritional value, due to the presence of a large number of additional ingredients. The taste of the soup - mushroom and potato, although the central component is still cabbage.
Ingredients: • half a kilogram of cabbage;
• three or four potatoes;
• pre-boiled rice - half a cup;
• as many fresh mushrooms;
• milk - one cup;
• butter, garlic, salt;
• broth from cooking vegetables.
1. Fry mushrooms with the addition of garlic pieces.
2. Cut vegetables and boil either in a pan or in a slow cooker. Pour in the milk.
3. Boiled vegetables, rice with mushrooms put together and bring down to a creamy consistency.
4. Separate the yolk from the protein, whip with milk and flavor the ready-made puree soup with this mixture. Heat to boiling.
Cauliflower Cream Soup with White Wine and Cheese
Exquisite recipe for a gentle cauliflower puree soup with a pronounced milky cheese flavor. Its peculiarity is that cabbage is not brought to the state of mashed potatoes here, but remains in the form of small pieces covered with hot sauce. The dish can be supplemented with crackers.
• small cauliflower forks;
• broccoli - 300 g;
• two glasses of cream;
• small celery root - 50 g;
• 1 small potato;
• cheese is lightly salted or not salted at all - 200 grams;
• third of a glass of white wine (preferably dry);
• pepper, nutmeg, salt - to the amateur.
1. Cabbage disassembled into small bundles. The rest is cut into pieces, onions - into rings. Garlic rub or cut too.
2. Add wine to water and pour it into a saucepan or stew-pan. Put the potatoes, celery root, leek. Cook for a quarter of an hour.
3. Prepare mashed potatoes. Add milk (or cream) and spices to it.
4. Prepare cauliflower and broccoli separately. Slice.
5. Arrange the cheese and cabbage on plates. Top with creamy vegetable sauce.
Cauliflower Cream Soup: Tricks and Tips
1. Cauliflower is an essential product for the diet. It is full of vitamins C, PP, group B, as well as phosphorus, potassium, iodine, calcium, etc. However, some trace elements decompose during temperature treatment. Therefore, in order to preserve a maximum of important qualities, cabbage is boiled in a small amount of water and under the lid. Boil no more than 5 minutes. If we are talking about a double boiler, it can be a little longer. 2. In order for the soup to have a creamy tint, it is better to remove the outer skin, otherwise it will give the finished dish a green color.
3. It is important to choose the right head. Freshness, which means quality can be determined by leaves. They should be fresh, not lethargic. The forks themselves are ivory-colored, almost white or with a violet tint — its homogeneity is important. If there are spots on cabbage, this is a sign that rotting has begun. Small spots can be cut. In other cases, such cabbage is better not to take.
4. You can store cabbage for no more than 10 days at a temperature of plus 1-3 degrees.
5. Cauliflower puree soup is best eaten immediately after it is cooked. If this is not possible, a water bath will help maintain the initial temperature. The second time the soup is better not to warm up, it will break the taste and healthy properties of the dish.
6. A wonderful addition, in addition to crackers, can be small pies with various fillings, as well as fresh greens.
7. To increase the nutritional value of the soup can be using egg dressing. Prepare it simply: pour the raw yolks into hot milk and add to the soup. Instead of milk you can use cream.
8. The real taste of cauliflower will remain throughout the preparation, if you cook it in sweet, and preferably in mineral water.