When people talk about salads with beets, a couple of banal recipes immediately come to mind, and the notorious “coat” of herring. Tradition, of course, is a wonderful thing, but it is worth looking through the menu of European eateries, and a primitive root vegetable begins to look somewhat different. The French and Danes are very fond of combining these products, and in Austria you can even get a menu where salads differ only in the cheese variety are painted on a whole page.
Sweet, with bright color of beet perfectly harmonizes with vegetables and with fish and meat components. Separate page - beet salads with cheeses. It can be a solid “Dutch”, and folk “Sausage”, and exquisite “Feta”. Cheese can diversify the familiar vinaigrette and beetroot salad loved by many with nuts and garlic.
Of course, there are separate recipes, in which the main components are beets and cheese. And to them, in addition, and squid and herring, mushrooms, raisins and nuts. In a word, it is easy to make beetroot-cheese salad, it is more difficult to choose from a variety of recipes.
Beet-Cheese Salads - General Cooking Principles
• Beet salads with cheese are made from boiled or raw root vegetables. Often, to enhance the taste they are made from roasted beets.
• Beetroot goes perfectly with almost any kind of cheese. This allows you to use in the preparation of not only its hard varieties. Often beet salads are prepared with smoked, melted cheese or cheese.
• You can put garlic in a beetroot-cheese salad. For giving the dish a special sweetness - raisins, for piquancy ground nuts or prunes.
• Often other vegetables are added to beet salads - boiled potatoes, tomatoes, onions, pickled cucumbers or boiled carrots. Often they put fried mushrooms, herring or canned squid. • Prepared for the salad components cut with a knife or rub with a grater. A blender is required to make a beetroot-cheese salad snack.
• Ground ingredients are mixed or layered. For the original beet salad with “Log” cheese, you will additionally need a sheet of food foil or film. This layered salad with cheese filling will need to be rolled.
• Salads made from beetroot and cheese are seasoned with vegetable oils, mayonnaise, sour cream, or their mixture. In puff salads, each new layer is necessarily coated with mayonnaise.
Puffed beet salad with cheese
• two large beets;
• A handful of seedless raisins;
• three small carrots;
• three cloves of garlic;
• a small pack of 45% mayonnaise;
• A handful of crushed nuts;
• 150 gr. “Russian” cheese.
1. Raise the raisins for a quarter of an hour in warm water. Then rinse and dry well.
2. Rinse the beets and carrots and boil until cooked in different saucepans.
3. Cool, peel and finely rub the grater, each vegetable in a separate bowl.
4. Shred the cheese and garlic in the same way.
5. Finely chop the kernels with a knife.
6. Put all the crushed ingredients on a flat plate in layers, sandwiching them with mayonnaise:
• carrot with raisins;
• cheese mixed with garlic;
• beets with nuts.
7. Decorate the top beetroot layer with chopped nuts and put the salad in two hours for soaking in the refrigerator.
Beetroot Salad with Cheese and Herring - “Pleasure”
• one large herring;
• onion head;
• boiled potatoes - 3 pcs .;
• one boiled carrot;
• 50 gr. hard unsharp cheese;
• four large cloves of garlic;
• low-calorie mayonnaise.
1. Gut herring. Chop off the head with a knife, carefully remove the skin from the herring and separate the fillets. Select all large and small visible bones. Slice the fillet into small pieces. 2. On a medium grater, rub the potatoes and mix with mayonnaise.
3. Similarly, chop the beets, squeeze the garlic into it, add a spoon of mayonnaise and mix.
4. Carrot and hard cheese cut into tiny cubes. Add mayonnaise and mix.
5. Put the potatoes on the flat serving dish in the first layer and cover with a thin layer of finely chopped onion. Then put the pieces of herring, and on it a layer of beets. The last layer will be carrot mixed with cheese.
6. Decorate the salad with a sprig of fresh greens.
Salad of beets with cheese and canned squid
• two small boiled beets;
• a jar of canned squid;
• garlic - 2 teeth;
• hard, mild cheese - 50 g;
• for filling 25% sour cream or 72% mayonnaise.
1. Remove squid from the jar, dry and cut into smaller pieces.
2. Add beetroot grated on a medium grater, in the same way chopped cheese and finely chopped garlic.
3. Season with sour cream or mayonnaise, add to your taste, and soak for about half an hour.
4. When serving, the top of the salad can be decorated with finely chopped greens.
Simple beetroot salad with cheese and eggs
• maroon beets - 300 grams;
• chicken eggs - 2 pcs .;
• 80 gr. “Kostroma” or similar cheese;
• three tablespoons of 45% mayonnaise;
• a teaspoon of unsharp mustard;
• a small pickle;
• a small pinch of pepper mix.
1. Put the washed beets into the water, add a little sugar and cook until ready. Drain the broth, and place the roots in a saucepan with cold water until it is completely cooled.
2. Cook hard boiled eggs. Cool, peel and wash the shell.
3. Cut boiled beetroot cut into small cubes.
4. Cut the eggs into small slices and send them in beetroot.
5. Add chopped small cheese and small cucumber.
6. Combine two tablespoons of mayonnaise with mustard and add to chopped products. 7. Season the salad with a mixture of peppers, a little salt. Add mayonnaise if necessary.
Raw beetroot salad with cheese and apples
• beets - 3 pcs .;
• two big sour apples;
• large clove of garlic;
• 50 grams of salted cheese;
• 15% sour cream;
• three sprouts of young dill.
1. Rinse the apples and beets well under the tap. Remove the skin and core with the pits.
2. Grate fresh beets and apples on a large grater in a salad bowl. Add the crumbled brynza and medium-cut garlic.
3. Mix three tablespoons of mayonnaise with a spoonful of sour cream. Add the dill, shredded with a knife, and season with the prepared salad dressing.
Spicy beetroot salad with smoked cheese
• five small beetroot;
• smoked sausage cheese - 200 gr .;
• two apples;
• 1 tsp. “French” mustard;
• olive oil in the dressing.
1. Rinse the beets thoroughly under the tap. Wipe dry with a disposable towel and wrap each beet wrap with foil. Put on a roasting pan and bake in the oven until cooked at 150 degrees. After that, cool well and clean.
2. From the apples, remove the peel, cut it in half and remove the core.
3. Baked beets, apples and smoked cheese coarsely chopped and put together. Add French mustard, salt and mix all ingredients well.
4. Season beet salad with olive oil.
Original beetroot salad with cheese - “Log”
• 350 gr. smoked sausage cheese;
• four boiled potatoes;
• two boiled beets;
• 250 gr. a pack of mayonnaise;
• one boiled egg;
• two tables. spoons of soft butter;
• three garlic cloves;
• three pickled cucumbers;
• two tablespoons chopped greens.
1. Rub the sausage cheese into a large crumb. Add some mayonnaise, softened butter and squeeze garlic. Stir well and form a sausage from the curd. Wrap in film and place in the refrigerator for about half an hour. 2. Place a sheet of soft foil or cling film on the table. On it a thin rectangular layer spread grated large beets. Put the grated potato on top with the same layer and a layer of finely chopped onion on it. Lay the salted cucumber in small slices as a final layer.
3. In the middle of the salad, put the cheese sausage and wrap in roll with foil. Without removing the foil, put the “salad” roll in the cold for two hours.
4. After that, remove the foil, put the salad on a plate and garnish with an egg grated on a small grater and sprinkle with greens.
Spicy snack salad beet salad with melted cheese - “Friendship”
• two 100 grams of processed cheese;
• two large garlic cloves;
• half a kilo of boiled beets;
• 100 gr. mayonnaise 72% fat.
1. Break one and a half melted cheese into small pieces. Add coarsely grated boiled beets, press garlic through a press and chop everything in a blender.
2. Transfer the beetroot mass to a salad bowl, mix with mayonnaise, and finely rub the rest of the processed cheese on top.
3. Such a beet salad can be served with meatballs, fried pieces of meat or just spread on bread.
Puffed beet salad with cheese and mushrooms
• one large boiled beets;
• 150 gr. champignons;
• a small pack of “Olive” mayonnaise;
• 150 gr. salted herring;
• half onions;
• two boiled eggs;
• a teaspoon of natural butter;
• 100 gr. “Kostroma” cheese;
• one large ripe tomato.
1. Tomato, peeled beets, hard cheese and onion cut into small cubes.
2. Crumble up the champignons and fry them in butter. Then put the mushrooms in a small plate and cool.
3. Chop greens with a knife, finely crumble eggs. Cut the herring fillet into small pieces.
4. Take a deep salad bowl and place the salad in layers in it, applying a rare mayonnaise mesh on each new layer. 5. Lay the first half of the cooked beets in the first layer. Then scatter half of the shredded eggs and half of the onions and again mayonnaise. Powder with greens, lay out herring and mayonnaise again.
6. After that lay out a layer of mushrooms, their mayonnaise does not need to lubricate. Spread the tomato slices on the mushrooms and reapply the mayonnaise. Sprinkle the tomato layer with the remaining eggs and onions, large cheese crumb. Then spread out the pieces of the remaining beets. Decorate the top of the salad with mayonnaise and greens.
7. Before serving, be sure to let the dish soak.
Beetroot-cheese salads - cooking tricks and helpful tips
• Beet during cooking tends to brighten. To make the color of boiled beet salad rich, when boiling the root, add a little citric acid or table vinegar to the water at the rate of 5 ml per liter of water.
• If you need to cook beets for salad quickly, start cooking them as usual, but shorten the boiling time to half an hour, and put the beets under a stream of cold water.
• To give the salads a special savor when boiling beets in the water, you can put cumin seeds. It will take 5 grams of seed per three liters of water.
• Often beets do not have enough sweets and salads, made from it, have not very pleasant taste. To fix this, add some sugar.