We are used to cooking a vinaigrette with green peas and sauerkraut, and few people know that this salad is universal and you can add many other ingredients to it.
For example, herring, mushrooms, fresh cabbage and beans.
Beetroot salad is especially nutritious and tasty.
Preparing a salad is surprisingly simple, it turns out incredibly tasty.
Vinaigrette with beans - the general principles of cooking
The composition of the salad includes the main ingredient of vinaigrette - beets. It is better to take bright red varieties, they are juicier, tastier and brighter. Beets are pre-boiled or baked. In addition to beets, it is often possible to meet vegetables such as potatoes and carrots in vinaigrette, which must also be prepared in advance. Ready vegetables are cooled, peeled, and cut into cubes of the same size.
The other main ingredient of the beetroot salad is the bean itself. Use as dry bean, and canned white and red varieties. And if there are no problems with the latter, it is enough to open the jar and drain the liquid and the beans are ready for use, then you will have to tinker with the dry beans. But it is not difficult: both red and white beans should be soaked in cold water for at least two hours, and preferably at night. Then boil until cooked in salted water - it is important to ensure that the beans are soft, but not boiled soft.
Mushrooms, herring, sauerkraut or fresh, boiled meat and much more can become additional ingredients of the salad. It all depends on the compatibility of the products and your preferences.
Seasoned vinaigrette with beans, mainly aromatic vegetable oil. You can vary the taste and use sour cream, mayonnaise or a mixture of vinegar, olive oil and mustard for dressing.
Vinaigrette can be served not only in mixed form, but also laying out all the ingredients in layers. Particularly interesting is the salad in glass transparent salad bowls - it is bright, diverse and very appetizing.
Recipe 1. Vinaigrette with beans and fresh cucumbers
• two beets;
• half a cup of white beans;
• two fresh cucumbers;
• two carrots;
• one large potato;
• two blocks (wet);
• pinch of Provencal herbs;
• two teaspoons of spicy mustard;
• a tablespoon of red wine vinegar;
• ground pepper and salt;
• parsley leaves;
• olive oil.
1. Soak the beans for two hours in cold water, then boil in a little salted water until done. Drain the liquid, cool the beans themselves.
2. Cover the baking sheet with foil, lay out thoroughly washed, but not peeled vegetables: potatoes, beets, carrots. Sprinkle them with olive oil, sprinkle with Provencal herbs. Bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size, at 160 degrees, until fully cooked.
3. Cool the prepared vegetables, peel and chop not small, but not large cubes.
4. Cut cubed apples and cucumbers with the same cubes.
5. Onion peel, chop, add to the rest of the salad ingredients.
6. Mix everything thoroughly, put the prepared white beans.
7. Season the salad with olive oil, pre-mixing it with salt, spices, vinegar and mustard.
8. Before serving, decorate with leaves of fresh greens.
Recipe 2. Vinaigrette with beans and sour cream
• one large or two small beets;
• half a cup of red beans;
• three potatoes;
• one pickled cucumber;
• sweet and sour apple;
• 60-80 grams of sour cream;
• tablespoon of vegetable oil;
• half a lemon;
• one egg;
• salt, pepper, sugar - to taste;
• bunch of greens.
1. Rinse beets and potatoes and boil separately from each other until cooked. Cut cooled vegetables and salted cucumber into small cubes.
2. Soak the beans, then boil them.
3. Finely chop the onion and fry in vegetable oil until sweet.
4. Egg boil hard boiled.
5. Put potato and beet cubes in a deep salad bowl, cucumber, sliced apple, boiled beans, fried onions. To mix everything. 6. Salt and pepper the salad to taste, sprinkle with lemon juice, fill with sour cream.
7. Before serving, decorate with finely chopped egg and greens.
Recipe 3. Vinaigrette with beans and mushrooms
• two beets;
• 80 grams of beans (red);
• jar (300 grams) pickled mushrooms;
• two potatoes;
• a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar;
• 50 ml of vegetable oil;
• salt pepper.
1. Boiled until ready vegetables: potatoes and beets, cool and cut into cubes.
2. Peel the onion and cut into small cubes.
3. Open the jar of honey agarics, discard the mushrooms in a colander.
4. Boil the beans until cooked in lightly salted water, soaking it for a couple of hours in cold water.
5. Mix the beets with onions, mushrooms, potatoes and beans.
6. Dress the salad with a mixture of oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Recipe 4. Vinaigrette with canned beans
• two pickled cucumbers;
• 150 grams of sauerkraut;
• jar of beans;
• sweet bulbs;
• salt pepper;
• vegetable oil - for refueling;
• pomegranate seeds - for decoration.
1. Bake at 160 degrees or boil the beets until cooked, after it cools, cut into cubes.
2. Chop the onion, chop the cucumbers in the same cubes as the beets.
3. Mix lightly squeezed cabbage, beets, onions and cucumbers in one container.
4. Add beans, pre-drain liquid from the jar.
5. Pour salt and pepper, fill with odorous oil.
6. Transfer the salad to a salad bowl, garnish with pomegranate seeds.
Recipe 5. Vinaigrette with canned beans and fresh cabbage
• boiled vegetables: large beets, two potatoes, carrots;
• two pickled cucumbers;
• a quarter of the head of cabbage (250 grams);
• 100-150 grams of red beans;
• green onion feathers, parsley leaves;
• vegetable oil.
1. Pour the liquid out of the opened can of bean. Beans themselves put in a bowl. 2. Peel the vegetables, cut into medium cubes. Put the potatoes and carrots to the beans, and beets in a separate plate, sprinkle them with butter. Thanks to this simple procedure, the other ingredients of the salad will not be painted in the color of the beet.
3. Chop the cabbage into thin transparent stripes, squeeze it lightly with your hands so that it becomes softer and gives juice.
4. Salted cucumbers cut into small cubes, green onion rings.
5. Chop parsley leaves.
6. Mix all the prepared products in a bowl, where the beans and vegetables already lie, salt to taste, season with vegetable oil.
7. Before serving, place vinaigrette with beans in a salad bowl.
Recipe 6. Vinaigrette with white beans and herring
• 100 grams of beans;
• two beets;
• one green apple;
• one potato;
• 100-150 grams of herring fillet;
• half red onion;
• two fresh cucumbers;
• two tablespoons of wine vinegar;
• a tablespoon of mustard;
• 50-70 ml of olive oil;
• a mixture of peppers, salt.
1. Wash the beans and soak for several hours (3-5) in cold water, then boil it in salted water until ready.
2. Bake the washed and dried vegetables in the oven.
3. Mix in a small plate olive oil, mustard, salt and a mixture of peppers.
4. Cut fresh cucumbers, apple, herring and baked peeled vegetables into cubes.
5. Mix all ingredients, add beans, chopped onion.
6. Fill the salad with beans of mustard-vinegar dressing.
Beetroot Vinaigrette - Secrets and Tricks
• Bake or boil the vegetables before cooking the salad should be in the unpeeled form, so they do not boil soft and get better. In addition, vegetables can be cooked in a pressure cooker - here they will save all the vitamins and nutrients.
• Choose better vegetables of the same size so that they cook at the same time.
• Vegetables can be cleaned quickly and easily when cooled under running cold water.
• If you wanted to add herring or sauerkraut to a vinaigrette with beans, and it is too sour or salty, soak the food for half an hour in cold water, then drain it in a colander. • Large beets are boiled for a long time, so choose medium-sized fruits and release them into the already boiling water. After 15-20 minutes, cool for 5 minutes in cold water.
• To keep the beets from boiling in color, a teaspoon of vinegar or citric acid is added to the water.
• For the preparation of a vinaigrette with beans, it is best to use onions of non-bitter varieties; if this is not the case, place the chopped onion for a minute in boiling water, then squeeze.
• Add the green onion to the salad, it will give the vinaigrette with beans a pleasant spring aroma of freshness.
• To prevent other vegetables from painting in beet color, place the chopped beets in a separate bowl and drizzle with oil. Put this ingredient in the salad last of all just before mixing.
• Before adding sauerkraut or pickled cucumbers to the salad, they should be slightly squeezed out so that the vinaigrette does not turn out to be watery.
• The taste of the salad is not only dependent on its ingredients, but also on the cutting itself. It is best to crumble all products into medium sized cubes. Too big will not be so tasty, but you don’t need to grind either, and then instead of salad you will get porridge after mixing.
• Do not cook the salad for future use, the vinaigrette is not recommended to be stored even in the refrigerator. After a while, he loses his taste.