Apricot jelly is a delicious delicate delicacy. Suitable as an independent dessert, used in the design of cakes and other dishes. You can cook it for the future, in the summer, the abundance of apricots. Apricots themselves are sunny fruits that have a mass of useful substances and charge a good mood. Sweet, juicy, with a peculiar bright taste, and they are also very delicate and beautiful in appearance. Jelly of them also turns out pretty, orange, joyful. To prepare it is not difficult, you need to take into account a few simple moments.
Basic principles of cooking apricot jelly
For jelly you need to choose fairly ripe, bright fruit with juicy pulp. They are well boiled soft.
Jelly can be prepared natural or, more often, with the addition of those or other gelling agents.
In addition, sugar is added to apricots in varying proportions.
Gelling substances - gelatin, agar-agar, pectin, zhelfiks. Currently, sugar is also produced, which already has such substances in its composition. It is very convenient for making apricot jelly.
Apricot jelly can be combined - with the addition of other fruits and berries.
The method of preparation is simple: apricots are prepared, boiled, rubbed or ground by a blender, sugar is added.
Preparation consists in the selection of high-quality fruits that wash, remove bones.
Often it is necessary to remove the skin from the fruit so that it is not felt in the tender jelly. However, you can do without it, a blender will help chop apricots into a single mass, even with skins.
Boiled apricots are combined with the prepared gelatin at the end, heated, not boiling, and poured into storage. If the addition of gelling agents is not expected, simply boil and pour.
Keep better in a cool place.
Simple recipe for apricot jelly
This is a basic recipe for apricot jelly. The dish turns out tasty and pleasant in all respects. There are no additives here, just fruits, sugar and water. Such a jelly is more like a jam, but it has the necessary structure due to a certain content of gelling substances in the fruit itself.
- Approximately two kilograms of ripe apricots
- Glass - one and a half water
- A pound or more of sugar.
- Rinse apricots, pull out the bones, cut in half.
- Put in the cooking container and keep on medium heat until softened - at least 20 minutes.
- Allow the mass to cool slightly and rub through a sieve.
- Put the resulting juice back on fire, boil until the volume is reduced by one third.
- Portions add sugar at the rate of half a kilogram per liter of juice.
- Dissolve sugar over low heat, let it boil, try whether it is chewed and drip onto a plate and let cool.
- When the jelly is ready, pour it into the banks. If the quantity is large and long storage is planned, especially outside the refrigerator, it is better to sterilize the product. Roll up the banks, cool, put in storage.
Apricot jelly with gelatin
It is not always possible to get jelly of the desired consistency from natural apricot juice. Rather, it will resemble apricot jam. If real jelly is required, it is better to add special substances. How to do it - there is an instruction on a bundle of agar-agar, pectin, zhelfix. In the same place the dosage of sugar is usually indicated. This is a standard recipe that uses simple gelatin.
- Kilogram with small apricots
- A pack of gelatin - 20 grams
- Two glasses of sugar - maybe more
- A glass of water.
- Soak gelatin in half glass of water.
- Go through the apricots, rinse, remove the bones, cut them in half.
- Put in a saucepan, pour half a glass of water and put on a small fire.
- In about half an hour, the apricots will become completely soft.
- Rub them through a sieve. You can just beat the blender, but then the jelly will be with tangible pieces of skin and pulp.
- Heat gelatin to dissolve and pour into mashed potatoes, stirring well.
- Heat to a temperature of about 80-90 degrees, not allowing to boil.
- Pour into banks or forms, after cooling to remove for storage.
Winter jelly from dried apricots
If in the winter “non-abricot” time the apricot jelly wanted, or it is necessary for some recipe, the dried apricots can always help out. These are the dried fruits of apricots. A little water and heat - and now juicy fruits are ready for jelly.
- A glass of dried apricots
- 3 glasses of water - not counting water for agar-agar
- Half a cup of sugar
- Half a lemon
- The middle piece of agar-agar.
- Agar-agar divided into parts and soak for a quarter of an hour.
- Wash dried apricots, put them in the cooking container, add apricots and boil for about twenty minutes. Time to determine the softening of dried apricots.
- Squeeze juice out of lemon.
- Rub dried apricots with liquid through a sieve.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, agar-agar to the mashed potatoes, put on the stove. Fluids should be about half a liter. If it is not enough, to add water, previously having boiled it.
- Heat the mass until all solid constituents dissolve. Do not boil.
- Pour into forms and put away in the cold. Good jelly freezes usually within an hour.
Apricot jam jelly: another option if there is no fruit on hand
Apricot jelly can be prepared from dried apricots, and you can - from jam. When it is impossible to use fresh apricots, the harvesting from the cellar will also fit. By the way, the jelly turns out delicious, and it is even easier to cook it - after all, the fruit has already been heat treated. It remains to give them a jelly-like state.
- Half a liter of apricot jam
- A pack of gelatin 20 grams
- Half a glass of water - maybe more if the jam is too thick.
- Pour gelatin with half a glass of water, let it swell.
- Apricot jam - it should be without the nucleoli, or they need to be chosen then - well punch with a blender to a state of mashed potatoes.
- Put warmed up.
- Melt the gelatin, but do not boil it.
- In warm apricot puree pour melted gelatin, stir.
- If necessary, add a few spoons of water - not raw, always boiled.
- Heat the mixture to a hot state, but in no case boil.
- Remove from heat, pour into a mold or several molds.
- If the jam was with the nucleoli, you can put them in jelly or decorate it after solidification.
- Cool in the refrigerator.
Dessert Jelly Apricots and Oranges
This recipe involves the preparation of dessert dishes, which is served at the table immediately. However, if you like this jelly, you can make it in larger quantities and stock it for future use. The bright taste and aroma of orange perfectly falls on the delicate texture of apricot jelly, saturating and enriching it. To prepare does not require much effort and expensive products.
- 600-700 grams of apricots
- Two oranges
- Two glasses of sugar - it's good to take brown, but the usual
- Two packets of gelatin but 20 grams
- Polustakana water.
- Wash apricots, peel off the skins, immerse in boiling water for a couple of minutes - after that they are well cleaned. Remove bones.
- Rinse and peel oranges. Squeeze the juice.
- Apricots will thoroughly crush the blender by adding orange juice.
- Pour sugar into the resulting mass and hold it on the fire until boiling.
- Stir to dissolve sugar. Boil for about five minutes.
- Pre-soak gelatin in water. After about half an hour, warm up in a water bath or in a microwave until gelatin is dissolved, but do not boil.
- Mix slightly cooled but still hot apricot puree with gelatin.
- Pour in molds or in large forms, put in refrigerators.
- When the jelly hardens, serve, you can with whipped slices.
Spicy dessert: apricot and peach jelly with ginger in champagne
This dish is hardly suitable for storage for the future, although if you replace the champagne with water, you can make a delicious billet. Apricots and peaches blend well together. And in this recipe, the use of champagne, pepper and ginger creates a very special dessert. Ginger gives piquant zhguchest. And for those who do not represent spicy desserts, pepper can be excluded - ginger will be enough for originality.
- 3-4 large peaches
- 5-6 apricots
- 20-30 grams of ginger root
- Half a small sharp peppercorn
- Glass - one and a half sugar
- A bottle of champagne
- A bag of gelatin 20-25 grams.
- It is better to take the fruits not overripe, a little hard. Wash, remove bones, cut into pieces.
- Soak gelatin, while fruit will be prepared, it will swell.
- Peel ginger, chop finely.
- Remove seeds from pepper and cut into slices too.
- Pour a glass of champagne into the cooking container, add sugar, put ginger and pepper and boil for a few minutes.
- Add pieces of fruit and hold on the fire for another couple of minutes to start boiling.
- Melt the gelatin and pour, stirring, into a slightly cooled mixture of fruit and shaman.
- Pour the rest of the champagne out of the bottle, mix well and put into the cold to set.
- Serve as a dessert for adults.
Tricks and secrets of cooking apricot jelly
- When rubbing boiled apricots through a sieve, residues are formed. You can not wipe up some skins, leave a little pulp and use it for baking filling, mixed with sugar.
- You can add spices to the apricot jelly - cloves, cinnamon, citrus zest, allspice. Put them at the stage of heating the mashed product with sugar. Clean the spices when pouring jelly on the banks or forms. Although it is possible to leave a clove inflorescence or a piece of dry cinnamon in the jar - it will be more fragrant.
- The jelly itself is designed for short storage. If you plan to do the harvesting for the winter, jelly poured into cans is better to sterilize.
- A less costly method of pasteurization is also suitable - banks are placed in a container with hot water and kept for 10-15 minutes at a temperature close to boiling. Then it is taken out of the water, sealed and cooled.
- In any case, it is necessary to pour jellies into storage in dry, pre-sterilized jars. Cover with the same lids.