“I decided to start cooking according to fashionable recipes, but at home there wasn’t the main ingredient - the money for delicacies.”
And it happens to you?
Do not worry!
From any product you can cook a snack.
Even from stale bread you can make a mountain of fragrant and tasty crackers.
And they will be without chemistry and fresh. Such crackers can be given to children, offered to beer, added to salads or just to crunch in the evening at the TV.
Yummy? Not that word!
Home-made crackers - general principles of cooking
For homemade crackers, you can use any bread: black, white, bran, and even sweet loaf. The loaf is cut first into thin slices, which are then turned into cubes, cubes, straw. Size does not always depend on our desires. Do not try to cut white, soft and porous bread very finely. In addition to a mountain of crumbs nothing happens. But dark and dense bread is better to cut. But in any case it is better to use a slightly stale product.
As for spices, they can be absolutely any. We take out all our seasonings and start experimenting. But you can cook croutons and just with salt, garlic, pepper. It will also be very tasty. And so that the spices are stuck and for added taste, some butter is put into the croutons.
Recipe 1: Home-made crackers with garlic in the oven
The easiest way to cook garlic crackers, for which you can use both dark and white bread. But rye product takes more time to bake. It also turns out to be tougher, so it’s better to cut it into small pieces.
• a loaf of bread;
• garlic head;
• 50 grams of olive oil;
• salt to taste.
1. First, cut the loaf of bread into 1 cm thick slices, then stripes by centimeter and into cubes. You can make one side longer and cut into rectangles. 2. Grind the peeled head of garlic and mix with vegetable oil, immediately add salt. You can fill in and fragrant spices, but garlic itself gives a wonderful smell.
3. Pour the pieces of bread in a large bowl, pour the butter in portions and gently stir with your hands. We try not to damage the pieces.
4. Spread the bread on a baking sheet and fry for 5 minutes at 220 degrees, then reduce to 150 and dry until ready. Take out the pieces from the oven and periodically try.
Recipe 2: Home-made crackers with black bread salt
To prepare crackers at home just with salt is better to use dark bread. White bread is more loose, crumbles heavily and spices sprinkle from it. Although you can try with him, but in this case it is desirable to find a stale loaf.
• 3 spoons of butter.
1. Cut bread into thin layers across the loaf. Then each piece in half and across, we make a straw no wider than 0.5 cm.
2. Spread on a baking sheet and fry at 170 degrees until cooked. Give the pieces to cool well, so that they become hard.
3. We put the croutons in a large jar or container, it is important that the container be with a lid.
4. Pour salt, pour in one spoonful of butter and shake vigorously for a minute. Add the second spoon and repeat. Also doing the third time.
5. We try crackers. You can add more salt. Thanks to the oil, it adheres perfectly to the pieces. And intensive shaking does the ambassador more uniform.
Recipe 3: Croutons at home for “Kirieshki” beer
But for these crackers it will need a white loaf. But it is not recommended to take fresh bread, it is better to become stale. You can also use a loaf.
• 1 loaf of white bread;
• 70 ml of oil;
• 1 spoon of paprika;
• 0.5 tablespoons of salt;
• a pinch of pepper, you can take the mixture.
1. Cut the loaf into neat cubes. If the bread is slightly stale, then it is not difficult. Fold in the bowl. 2. Mix the paprika with salt, add a little pepper. If you do not like spicy, then you can not put. Conversely, the amount of spices is limited only by your taste.
3. Pour drop by drop into croutons, mix.
4. We spread on the pans in one layer, put in the oven at 180 degrees. You can turn on convection.
5. Fry until golden brown. Cool before use.
Recipe 4: Home-made crackers with salt and mustard
For this recipe you will need ready, that is, diluted mustard. If it is homemade and spicy, then we don’t use much. Tastier, these crackers are obtained from peklevannogo bread, that is, dark.
• 0.5 kg of bread;
• 1.5 tablespoons of mustard;
• 0.5 tablespoons of salt;
• 2-3 tablespoons of oil.
1. Slice the bread into strips or straws.
2. Combine mustard with oil, salt and stir.
3. We collect a little mix in a hand and we mix crackers. Take the mustard again and stir until it is over. In this recipe, it is important not to rush and evenly process the pieces. Otherwise, one cracker will be spicy, and the second tasteless.
4. We put on the trays and put in the oven. Bake at 150 degrees until ready. Then turn off the oven and let the crackers in it cool so that they dry inside.
Recipe 5: Home-made crackers with garlic and greens
Use any bread. Greens also choose to your taste. This may be our usual parsley or dill. And you can make crackers at home with oregano, Provencal herbs, rosemary, basil.
• 400 grams of bread;
• 4 cloves of garlic;
• 1 table. l dried herbs;
• 40 ml of oil;
1. Immediately rub garlic and combine with butter. We give the fragrant sauce to insist while we are engaged in cutting.
2. Crackers make any size and shape. If white bread is used, then you can not shallow. Tasty is obtained even if you just smear the standard slices with fragrant mass and dry in the oven. 3. We moisten hands with garlic oil and begin to sort out the pieces with our hands. Repeat the procedure until the sauce is over.
4. Then sprinkle the pieces with salt and herbs, gently mix. Since they are already oily, the spices will be remarkably held.
5. Put the blanks on the baking tray and cook in the oven.
Recipe 6: Home-made crackers for beer in a frying pan
No oven? No problem! There are lots of options for cooking homemade crackers in the pan and here is one of them. The beauty of this method is that it saves a lot of time. After all, slices of bread are fried faster than they dry in the oven.
• 0.5 loaves of rye bread;
• pinch of pepper;
• 0.5 tablespoons of fine salt;
• 2 spoons of butter.
1. Cut the bread into cubes, their size should not exceed 2 centimeters.
2. Grind the garlic, send in bread. There also salt and gently mix. We do not use a spoon, we do it with our hands.
3. Pour oil into the pan and heat well, preferably before the smoke. Otherwise, it is quickly absorbed into the bread and the individual pieces will become fat.
4. Spread crackers and start to fry, the first half of the minute is better not to touch them, so as not to damage. Then mix with a spatula.
5. We take out in a bowl, we cool and it is possible to pour on a glass of a foamy drink!
Recipe 7: Home-made crackers with salt and cheese
Another option cooking homemade crackers in the pan. Bread can be any, you also need hard cheese, which melts well. To taste, add spices, you can put crushed garlic. It harmonizes well with cheese.
• 7-8 pieces of bread;
• 80 grams of cheese;
• 1 spoon of butter;
1. Cut slices of bread in neat cubes.
2. Heat the pan, lay out the bread on it and fry.
3. As soon as the cubes become golden, sprinkle with oil and sprinkle with salt.
4. Cheese with three small chips, sprinkle crackers, quickly mix with a spatula and immediately pour out of the frying pan in a bowl. 5. That's it! From hot pieces of bread, the cheese melts a little more and will make an appetizing crust.
Recipe 8: Home-made crackers “Savory”
Option wonderful homemade crackers for beer or just for fun. Fragrant spices make them very much like purchased croutons. For preparation it is better to use white loaf.
• 1 loaf;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil;
• 1 spoon of vinegar;
• a mixture of peppers;
• dried ginger;
• ground coriander;
• some dried herbs;
1. Cut the loaf in small cubes and dry at 120 degrees in the oven. Hold for about 15 minutes, not more. Only in order to make the pieces stronger, and they are less crumbled.
2. Pour oil into the pan. Instead of olive oil, you can use sesame or any other.
3. Add chopped garlic, warm up for a minute. Pour in a spoonful of vinegar.
4. Now throw salt and all other spices on a pinch. But if you want to get sharp and very fragrant croutons, then you can add more.
5. Put the dried croutons in a bowl, pour the fragrant dressing and mix well with your hands.
6. Again, send to the baking sheet and bake until ready.
Recipe 9: Home-made Crab crackers with salt and garlic
An interesting recipe for crackers at home with salt, garlic and crab sticks. This way you can cook croutons from full slices of bread or very small cubes.
• 5-7 slices of bread;
• 2 cloves of garlic;
• 2-3 tablespoons of oil;
• 100 grams of crab sticks.
1. Put thawed crab sticks into a blender, pour in oil and put chopped garlic. Beat the mass until mashed. Add salt, you can and other spices.
2. Grease crab puree with pieces of bread. The layer should not be thick.
3. Now cut the sandwiches cut into cubes, rectangles, can be straws or just leave just like that. 4. Spread on a baking sheet and fry until golden brown. That's all!
Home-made crackers - tips and tricks
• If you need to fry crackers, then put the heat. The pieces will be rosy outside, but soft inside. For hard and evenly dried pieces set the temperature not higher than 160 degrees. But if you want to get dry and ruddy slices, then first fry and then dry. You can simply turn off the oven and wait for the product to cool completely.
• To make the croutons better fried, no need to lay them on the baking sheet close to each other. If you just need to dry the pieces at a low temperature, then you can lay out more tightly.
• Garlic for dressing should be minced as little as possible. It is better to use a blender and mash the mass. Otherwise, large pieces will be distributed unevenly, and will still burn when frying.
• Oil for crackers can be pre-infused with garlic, cloves, hot or allspice.